What's new

Handicapped Hijinks: Critique My Kenshi

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/314798337

2:31:00
3:10:00
3:51:00

So I picked up Kenshi because I need a character with offensive zoning tools about 3 weeks ago. I used him a lot last night in the VSM casual tourney with great success. After 4 matches I switched to blax against CD jr 's advice and paid for it; lost twice in a row with the black man.

My Kenshi play is pretty much my own development since I wanted to get my own fundamentals with him going before I started looking up tech and shit. I haven't watched that much in the way of Kenshi match videos and advanced tech, but I am aware of the Under_The_Mayo stuff and will start picking up that stuff soon.

Be nice, I still don't really know what I'm doing lol

Tolkeen

/wrists
1) He's handi-cappable, don't make fun of the guy he's blind. What are you insensitive?
2) Pretty good stuff, it's obvious that your skill in the game carried over well. Just do like you said, and watch all the mayo vids and read the Teef thread. After that you should be all set.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/314798337

2:31:00
3:10:00
3:51:00

So I picked up Kenshi because I need a character with offensive zoning tools about 3 weeks ago. I used him a lot last night in the VSM casual tourney with great success. After 4 matches I switched to blax against CD jr 's advice and paid for it; lost twice in a row with the black man.

My Kenshi play is pretty much my own development since I wanted to get my own fundamentals with him going before I started looking up tech and shit. I haven't watched that much in the way of Kenshi match videos and advanced tech, but I am aware of the Under_The_Mayo stuff and will start picking up that stuff soon.

Be nice, I still don't really know what I'm doing lol

Ok here's what I see so far. Your positives are obvious, I'm going to focus on the negatives. Cause that's how you get better!

You rely way too much on F2 2 B2. It doesn't open up offense, if you use the SC frame trap a lot like that you're gonna get blown up. And using that string a lot gets your jumped and then you die because the B2 doesn't come out. You're doing d1 RK or just RK on block, which is suicide. It's full punishable, its just that no one was punishing you for it.

Skip the dash down1 RK after an air collision. Just do RK. The d1 RK actually allowed your opponent to break your combo.

Start opening up your offense with standing 2, 21, in low starter and B2 overhead.

Work on converting EX SC in the corner into a combo.

And learn the corner combos. You're taking 37% when you should be taking 46%.

The NJP mid screen combo is either a simple F3 2 RK, F2 2 B2. Or advanced with standing 2, dash 3 RK, F2 2 B2.

End all your combos with F2 2 B2 for the positioning advantage, unless you really need them fullscreen fast.

Against cyrax, you should be punishing all those bombs with teleflurries. And you didn't reflect a single net. Keep cyrax away from you, force him to teleport which you punish with 2 1 RK.

Thats about it!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
U know what kicks ass?

Input bug + net = 80% and a dead blind man

For Christ sakes in tourney be smart and not risky

Armor it or block

80% is not worth 2.576% chip

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
U know what kicks ass?

Input bug + net = 80% and a dead blind man

For Christ sakes in tourney be smart and not risky

Armor it or block

80% is not worth 2.576% chip
I don't know man, I don't get input bugs when I do the reflect. I usually do it slowly and calmly due to the slow speed of the net so I don't have that problem. But of course, if it doesn't work for someone, they shouldn't use it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't know man, I don't get input bugs when I do the reflect. I usually do it slowly and calmly due to the slow speed of the net so I don't have that problem. But of course, if it doesn't work for someone, they shouldn't use it.
It's just not worth it IMO

Safe

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
armoring it seems alot more risky than reflecting it.....
Armoring Cyrax's projectiles has it's occasions. Usually, if Cyrax is trying to lay down his obstacle course, he can be checked with flurries and nets can be dissolved by doing a bit of a dance. But you can end up in situations where you're sitting on a bomb and a net is coming at your and there's simply no way out. There you can EX SC or EX Flurry and get out, even if you don't hit him you've spared yourself.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok here's what I see so far. Your positives are obvious, I'm going to focus on the negatives. Cause that's how you get better!
You rely way too much on F2 2 B2. It doesn't open up offense, if you use the SC frame trap a lot like that you're gonna get blown up. And using that string a lot gets your jumped and then you die because the B2 doesn't come out. You're doing d1 RK or just RK on block, which is suicide. It's full punishable, its just that no one was punishing you for it.

Skip the dash down1 RK after an air collision. Just do RK. The d1 RK actually allowed your opponent to break your combo.

Start opening up your offense with standing 2, 21, in low starter and B2 overhead.

Work on converting EX SC in the corner into a combo.

And learn the corner combos. You're taking 37% when you should be taking 46%.

The NJP mid screen combo is either a simple F3 2 RK, F2 2 B2. Or advanced with standing 2, dash 3 RK, F2 2 B2.

End all your combos with F2 2 B2 for the positioning advantage, unless you really need them fullscreen fast.

Against cyrax, you should be punishing all those bombs with teleflurries. And you didn't reflect a single net. Keep cyrax away from you, force him to teleport which you punish with 2 1 RK.

Thats about it!

Thanks for the tips!

I used f22 so much because it sets up out of d3 on hit so well. For jumps, they really have to commit to a jump out as a guess after d3 on hit to clear f22 otherwise (if they hesitate at all or try to do it on reaction) they get hit out of the air. And if they guess wrong and jump when I'm waiting for it... well, you know.

I do like 21 pressure, but it's not as easy to setup, what with the poking and all.

I'll try to get rid of dash d1 after air to airs, that's just a smoke habit.

The optimal combo stuff is what I need to learn most, but in the combo thread it's hard to tell what the latest tech is.

Punishing bombs with teleflurry is nifty, but as far as the net goes, I always block. The mobility of being able to move until the net is right next to you, block, and then recover right, to me, isn't worth sacrificing for equaling out 8% of a bar or however much it is.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Thanks for the tips!

I used f22 so much because it sets up out of d3 on hit so well. For jumps, they really have to commit to a jump out as a guess after d3 on hit to clear f22 otherwise (if they hesitate at all or try to do it on reaction) they get hit out of the air. And if they guess wrong and jump when I'm waiting for it... well, you know.

I do like 21 pressure, but it's not as easy to setup, what with the poking and all.

I'll try to get rid of dash d1 after air to airs, that's just a smoke habit.

The optimal combo stuff is what I need to learn most, but in the combo thread it's hard to tell what the latest tech is.

Punishing bombs with teleflurry is nifty, but as far as the net goes, I always block. The mobility of being able to move until the net is right next to you, block, and then recover right, to me, isn't worth sacrificing for equaling out 8% of a bar or however much it is.
when youre looking for the right thing to do in the corner, watch my 2 videos Kenshi: Up Close And Personal, and Ultimate Kenshi part 1. That covers all of it.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Reflecting nets on line is tricky but I ended up doing it some against j360. Honestly practice the timing of the reflect I mainly do it when I am not full at full screen and want to keep the back end of the screen free to not give up ground and to consistently keep him in check range of a sc or punish his bombs with a f3 launcher combo.