What's new

Hacker, "Abystus" makes Mortal Kombat II Characters Playable for the first time

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
mk2hack.png

A story that has kind of gone viral in the last 12 hours is about a Mortal Kombat II hacker who goes by Abystus. While Mortal Kombat II is just one of the many Mortal Kombat games to have secrets in them... when they're found it's kind of a big deal (remember the Toasty Boost in Mortal Kombat 9?). With that being said, there are probably even more that we don't know about.

Well, in Mortal Kombat II there are three characters: Jade, Noob Saibot and Smoke that were rumored to be playable or even just played against after going through horrendous challenges. Abystus has found a way to make these characters playable, but it requires rewriting some of the game's code to do so. Found over on the MameCheat.co.uk forums Abystus has posted some videos of these characters - check them out!

Source: MameCheat.co.uk via CVG

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Pretty cool, my question is though, does this mean they were able to do the other specials of their doppelgangers all along or has the hacker just thrown them in for good measure?

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Speaking of secrets in MK games, I still think there are secrets in MK9 that have not been found yet. Before the game came out, they said a few times there were such good secrets in it, they would not be figured out until probably 3-5 years after the games release. There is no way the Toasty Boost was the only "secret" they were talking about.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've been away from hacking this game for a few months, but for anyone interested, I got the CPU smoke routine working in the latest build of the cheat which can be found here. Enjoy.

"Real" Smoke's "Smoke" Final Update
Great work! Glad to have you back too ^_^

Great work! Glad to have you back too ^_^
Yeah, I have to take a break from this stuff to keep up with life around me every once in a while. I just now posted a massive update to the cheat which fixes the issue regarding the CPU control take over when using Smoke's Dash Throw. It should now execute correctly, and never remove control from the user (originally the CPU would take over if it decided to counter attack during the move). The next step is to implement checks for who it is used against to prevent it from being used on bosses (I know someone will cry if I don't so). Outside of that, I think I'm pretty much done with what I wanted to accomplish with this game. I hear a lot about this other hacker working on UMK3... how's that going?

Last edited:
Alright, so I lied about being finished with this game so early! I'm going to flesh this out a bit more (versus screen fix, endings fix), and have recently added a way to select them from the character select screen (character modifiers are no longer needed), fixes for fatalities performed on them, and several other things (tweaks for some issues my testers were running into). My way of selecting them from the character select currently alienates their host positions, but the cheat can be disabled to select them if needed. I may try to implement some sort of button code, or possibly just pressing start on these areas to select the secret character instead (I don't really want to reconstruct the character select screen as it would be far too much work.) Just a wee bit more and I'll call it quits for this game.

Updated cheat can be found here.

Character Select:

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Alright, so I lied about being finished with this game so early! I'm going to flesh this out a bit more (versus screen fix, endings fix), and have recently added a way to select them from the character select screen (character modifiers are no longer needed), fixes for fatalities performed on them, and several other things (tweaks for some issues my testers were running into). My way of selecting them from the character select currently alienates their host positions, but the cheat can be disabled to select them if needed. I may try to implement some sort of button code, or possibly just pressing start on these areas to select the secret character instead (I don't really want to reconstruct the character select screen as it would be far too much work.) Just a wee bit more and I'll call it quits for this game.

Updated cheat can be found here.

Character Select:

What language are you using to do this?