What's new

Gotham TV series...

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Well the show has made its debut and has already gotten me hooked, looks like I will keep watching this show, your thoughts on the first episode? Penguin's character in the beginning was being someone's bitch lol and Jada Pinkett Smith does an outstanding job as a villainess.

Discuss...

Last edited:

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Honestly so far not a fan....the penguin was awesome but it didn't make me want to keep watching, im gonna but yhats just because i hope it gets better

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I thought that last night's episode really got the wheels turning for the rest of the season.

I've been digging this show since the premiere. It's made it onto my very small and prestigious list of shows that I have to watch live, instead of hitting up Hulu later on.
I completely agree, Im just waiting for the Riddler to plot something.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Surprised at the positivity displayed by most people in this thread.
I was looking forward to it but as a massive fan of TV shows in general it didn't really live up to others. I thought it was pretty meh.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I watched the first episode, got sick from all the characters being not hinted at , but jamed down your throat. It could be getting better but i am not giving a second chance after that .
Jesús, hopefully you're not as critical with everything in life. I can imagine you're single still because you haven't found that one person who nailed the first impression yet.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I watched the first episode, got sick from all the characters being not hinted at , but jamed down your throat. It could be getting better but i am not giving a second chance after that .
Jesús, hopefully you're not as critical with everything in life. I can imagine you're single still because you haven't found that one person who nailed the first impression yet.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I have mixed feelings on it. It does a lot of things right, but also some things really wrong.

For the most part it is keeping my attention and entertaining though, so I'll keep watching it, but it doesn't compare at all to Flash or Arrow.

That said, there was one part that pissed me off and murdered my suspension of disbelief:

There is a part where Gordon is in the precinct watching a live news broadcast on the vote about Arkham. It pans into the news, and when it zooms out it cut to Gordon watching THE SAME LIVE NEWS BROADCAST in Wayne Manor with Bruce and Alfred. Unless young Gordon has teleportation powers, that shit made no sense.

Not going to lie, that upset me, and since it was near the end of the episode, instead of making me want to follow the next episode, it made me not want to watch the next one. I mean I will because Penguin and Gotham's Underworld are pretty awesome, but yeah that left a bad taste in my mouth.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Imo this show is the worst thing that happened to 'Batman' since Joel Schumacher, at least judging by the first episode which made me not want to watch it anymore. These guys dont fucking know how to introduce characters and should check the dictionary for the word 'subtle'...