What's new

Glasgow Kombat #16-#19 Results & Archives!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Okay I've finally found some time to get everything uploaded so here's all the results, pics and archives for Glasgow Kombat #16, #17, #18 and #19! (Edit: oh and it turns out I hadn't uploaded GK15 last time round so there's the archive for it too!) Check 'em out below:

Glasgow Kombat #16:
1st. Nausea (Spectral Ermac)
2nd. Youphemism (Acidic Alien / Triborg: Cyber Sub Zero / Gunslinger Erron Black / Ancestral Kung Jin)
3rd. Rustyb4nana (Blood God Kotal Kahn / Tarkatan Alien)

No top 3 pic I'm afraid, they ran away before I could get it :rolleyes:

GK16 actually had a new appearance from TYM's own @Orangutan ! Bringing his War God Kotal Kahn, Flame Fist Liu Kang and Heavy Weapons Jax he gave some solid play and tried his hardest to win the bracket. Unfortunately he didn't make top 3 in GK16 but that didn't stop him coming back to try again later...

Commiserations to:
Orangutan (War God Kotal Kahn / Flame Fist Liu Kang / Heavy Weapons Jax)
Scott the Scot (Triborg: Smoke / Hollywood Cassie Cage / A-List Johnny Cage)
Superjohn (Assassin Kitana / Tarkatan Alien)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow16

Glasgow Kombat #17:
1st. Nausea (Mystic Ermac)
2nd. Rustyb4nana (Tarkatan Alien / Blood God Kotal Kahn)
3rd. Youphemism (Gunslinger Erron Black / Hat Trick Kung Lao / Acidic Alien / Killer Leatherface / Displacer Raiden)

Same pic situation this week

Commiserations to:
Orangutan (War God Kotal Kahn / Flame Fist Liu Kang)
Scott the Scot (Triborg: Smoke / Outlaw Erron Black)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow17

Glasgow Kombat #18:
1st. Rustyb4nana (Tarkatan Alien)
2nd. Youphemism (Triborg: Cyber Sub Zero / Relentless Jason / Shotgun Jacqui / Necromancer Shinnok / Bartitsu Bo Rai Cho)
3rd. Nausea (Spectral/Mystic/Master of Souls Ermac)

This week was an important one as it was the last bracket before Hypespotting, Glasgow's yearly fighting game major, where MKX was being contested for a £10,000 pot and a spot in the MKX Cup representing the UK! It was also the first bracket run after MKXL's release and all of KP2 were legal!
Not only did Rustyb4nana TEAR through the bracket this week to take first place with his heavy rushdown Tarkatan Alien but he also beat Nausea and I 3-0 in the process! Something that hadn't yet been done in GK history...congrats!
We also had a new player join us: TYM's @Shaikhuzzaman ! He showed us how practiced his Cyber Sub Zero, Kenjutsu Kenshi and Shaolin Jin were in style. Unfortunately he didn't manage to make top 3 this week but there's still any other week he could take it!

Three weeks without a picture smh

Commiserations to:
Orangutan (Tigrar Fury Goro)
Shaikhuzzaman (Triborg: Cyber Sub Zero / Kenjutsu Kenshi / Shaolin Kung Jin)
Ricey (Triborg: Sektor)
Scott the Scot (A-List Johnny Cage / Triborg: Smoke)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow18

Glasgow Kombat #19:
1st. Youphemism (Shotgun Jacqui / Balanced Kenshi / Gunslinger Erron Black)
2nd. Nausea (Spectral Ermac)
3rd. Orangutan (Blood God/War God Kotal Kahn / Flame Fist Liu Kang / Royal Storm Kitana)

From left to right: Youphemism, Orangutan, Nausea
Commiserations to:
Superjohn (Assassin Kitana)
Scott the Scot (Brawler/Hollywood/Spec Ops Cassie Cage)
Ricey (Hellfire Scorpion)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow19

And that's it! From now on, since it's summer and I've nothing else to do, I should have each week's archive (when we run a bracket anyway) up before the next week :)

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can, it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here : http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central or Queen Street and one of us can meet you there. Or get a train to High Street if it's on your train route, MaxXP is just round the corner! If you need any help feel free to get in touch on the facebook group. Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

GlasgowKombat_banner.jpg

@Nausea
@Scott The Scot
@Azxrath.
@Rocket
@SuperJohn
@Rustyb4nana
@BigFool
@Red King
@Rearawt
@Deakins
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@VSTheJanitor
@TheOldHero
@Juxtapose
@JustinXavier21
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard

Attachments

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I found a ridiculous DF Liu on PC from Glasgow, trying to convince him to come play with you guys.
Yeah we've heard of a DF player from Glasgow. Never saw him though, surprised he wasn't at Hypespotting or if her was I never saw him.

Youphemism

16, im even on the challonge bracket thing but if they are gone its all good, just wondering where they were at
Well one of them was against Rocket who wasn't there so that's why there's no Rocket matches and your set against Rusty either wasn't recorded or must have messed up too much.

Azxrath.

Noob
Well one of them was against Rocket who wasn't there so that's why there's no Rocket matches and your set against Rusty either wasn't recorded or must have messed up too much.
guess im going to have to come in and body everyone with scerpion then so i can see my hellfire in all its glory

Azxrath.

Noob
Wait so you've dropped D'Vorah? G'damn son
No, when I was playing this game I just decided to pick up scerp as an secondary for fun. I was thinking about it but naahh, dvorah4dayz

edit: why the fuck would i drop dvorah for scorpion anyway lol

Last edited:

Youphemism

No, when I was playing this game I just decided to pick up scerp as an secondary for fun. I was thinking about it but naahh, dvorah4dayz

edit: why the fuck would i drop dvorah for scorpion anyway lol
Because Scorpion is a good character who recently got buffed in the MKXL patch? You make it sound like Scorpion is bad lol