What's new

GGA Dizzy: Champion of GBS Season 1

It was an 8 man round robin tournament and it actually came down to the last fight to determine the winner. The last fight of the night was @GGA Dizzy vs. @GGA pimpimjim. If Dizzy won he would win the tournament, if he lost @GGA 16 Bit would take it. Here are the places for our first season.

1st Place: GGA Dizzy Thunder God Raiden. He had 6 wins and 1 loss. He lost to GGA N1k0lasss who played absolutely amazing that set. Dizzy did not even win 1 round that set.

2nd Place: GGA 16bit Royal Storm Kitana. 16 bit also had 6 wins and 1 loss, but since his loss was to Dizzy, Dizzy ended up winning the tournament. He tore through the rest of the competition except against PPJ who was able to keep it close.

3rd Place: @GGA N1k0lasss Master of Souls Ermac. He had 5 wins and 2 losses. He lost to PPJ and 16 bit.

4th Place: @GGA pimpimjim Ninjitsu Scorpion, Brood Mother D'vorah, Shaolin Kung Jin, Necromancer Shinnok, Mystic Ermac. PPJ had 4 wins and 3 losses. Losing to Dizzy, 16bit, and RM Devil.

5th Place: @GGA Fill Pops War God Kotal Kahn. 3 wins and 4 losses.

6th Place: @GGA Max Necromancer Shinnok. 2 wins and 5 losses.

7th Place: @Devil Mayunn Master of Souls Ermac. 2 wins and 5 losses.

8th Place: soonk. He had to go home so he didn't play.

Also @D-Que Beats won the Best of the Rest tournament so he ended up getting 9th place overall.

Congrats to everyone on a very good 1st season of play! Our scene is looking really solid. Next Thursday it will be the start of season 2. Everyone's seeding points will be wiped clean and we start all over for 10 more weeks!

Attachments

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
That was fast. Impressive upload times on the videos. Trying to keep up with Jaxel I see. I liked how PPJ cycled through characters, especially the underused variations. It's good to see Steve actually enjoying the game too.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
That was fast. Impressive upload times on the videos. Pete is trying to keep up with Jaxel. I liked how PPJ cycled through characters, especially the underused variations. It's good to see Steve actually enjoying the game too.
I'm sure Jeremiah is in charge now...

MUERTE

Banned
will max ever dominate GBS again?
will soonk remain free?
will 16 bit continue to randomly enter a gbs just to salt out?
will jeremiah the new T.O get swamped?
will jeremiah end his MKX retirement and come back as Goro?
will jeremiah finally come out the closet?
will RM Truth finally become GGA Truth?
will dizzy's name be engraved on season 2's plaque?
or will a new kombatant arise to the challenge?
find out in the next season of Ghost Battle Series

@GGA Max I wonder why are you canceling f22/f224 into the Ex Amulet a lot on block instead of Hell sparks MB 2nd hit?!? Because you have been armored a lot before the Ex amulet comes out, as it isn't a true blockstring and canceling into Hell Sparks is a true blockstring. And MB HS are +24 instead of +14 and They do more chip when you cancel the 2nd hit. Is there a particular reason you prefer the Ex Amulet that I am not aware of?

Slymind

Noob
Nice matches, i watched the stream yesterday, someone please upload that Ancestral Kung Jin 47% meterless combo that PPJ did, really amazing.

GGA Max

@GGA Max I wonder why are you canceling f22/f224 into the Ex Amulet a lot on block instead of Hell sparks MB 2nd hit?!? Because you have been armored a lot before the Ex amulet comes out, as it isn't a true blockstring and canceling into Hell Sparks is a true blockstring. And MB HS are +24 instead of +14 and They do more chip when you cancel the 2nd hit. Is there a particular reason you prefer the Ex Amulet that I am not aware of?
You're right, I don't know why I don't do hell sparks. It's like once I start doing that string I forget we got the buff :p

I'll work it into my game plan among other stuff. Thanks.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Awww, 16bit's Kitana, always a joy to watch! (though that last round vs Dizzy was painful XD)