What's new

GGA 16 Bit wins Ghost Battle Series #67!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You face the might of Atlantis!

The weekly warriors the Windy City met for battle on Tuesday this week since our normal day is Thanksgiving. This week's theme: AQUAMAN! 3 of the 9 entrants played the Ocean King and they all did their part to complete the meta. Twisted returned and made a splash, defeating 3 previous GBS champions back to back. Max, Saucy and myself all fell on his way to the winners side of grand finals. While Max and Saucy would drown against Dizzy I managed to keep Selina's head above water in the losers bracket. Cats hate water but this kitty hates losing even more and managed to defeat the other Aquamen, reset the bracket against Twisted and come out on top to earn a 20th GBS victory.

Max decided to use Black Adam this week but ran into trouble in the Aquaman match up. He went down 0-2 against both Twisted and Dizzy before switching to Bane. He put up a better fight with his main but ultimately lost to the king of Atlantis. What does the future hold Kahndaq's dictactor? Will Max stick with Adam or return to breaking backs? There are also unconfirmed reports that HAN was seen playing the game again.

PPJ remains MIA. Will the Filipino Fury ever return or has Chicago become a No Fly Zone for Shiera's savior?

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I have a question for everyone: what GBS related things are you thankful for? I am thankful for our regulars, we always have at least a full 8 man bracket. I am thankful for Doc and the rest of the GGA staff for our new play area. As well as the supporters who donated to make it possible. GBS will be even bigger and better for MKX. I am thankful for Catwoman's unclashable damage and bounce cancels, some of the best ways in the game to steal wins. I am thankful for Tony's and hope they revert back their late hours. Last but not least, I am thankful for Soonk's mustache.

Top 8 Results:
1. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
2. Emperor Twisted(Aquaman)
3. GGA Dizzy(Aquaman)
4. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
5. RM Truth(Batman, Doomsday)
5. GGA Jeremiah(Aquaman)
7. GGA Max(Black Adam, Bane)
7. Rational Jim(The Flash)

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Damn Aquaman bottom 5? Catwoman top tier? :eek::eek::eek:

Congrats on taking the win 16Bit, look forward to catching up :)

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Catwoman player's Sophie's choice:

You have to pick 1 of three qualities:
Costume
Dialogue and charisma
Actress

From three different Catwomen:
Anne Hathaway
Halle Berry
Michelle Pfiffer

And merge them into one.

Here's what I would pick:
Halle Berry with Michelle Pfieffer's costume with Anne Hathaway's wiles.

As a devout Catwoman player, this decision was a difficult one. But it is actually the only correct one.

Also, for GBS, I'm thankful that there's always a stream, friendly comp and consistent entertainment. This is #67. That's amazing.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Here's what I would pick:
Halle Berry with Michelle Pfieffer's costume with Anne Hathaway's wiles.

As a devout Catwoman player, this decision was a difficult one. But it is actually the only correct one.

I agree.

Halle Berry has to be the actress since she's ok normally but her movies' costume and character are so bad. Then it comes down to the fact that I prefer the more traditional comics take on Selina in DKR instead of the crazy Burtonesque Michelle Pfieffer. Even though that Selina Kyle wearing that costume wouldn't fit it's the best choice.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I agree.

Halle Berry has to be the actress since she's ok normally but her movies' costume and character are so bad. Then it comes down to the fact that I prefer the more traditional comics take on Selina in DKR instead of the crazy Burtonesque Michelle Pfieffer. Even though that Selina Kyle wearing that costume wouldn't fit it's the best choice.
I know, but that's the weird part. Michelle Pfieffer owned the role very well and kinda made it her thing. She did it well, but it may not have exactly been 'Selina Kyle.' But the costume's design is memorable as hell.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I know, but that's the weird part. Michelle Pfieffer owned the role very well and kinda made it her thing. She did it well, but it may not have exactly been 'Selina Kyle.' But the costume's design is memorable as hell.

No I agree. I'm not like a pure elitist traditionalist. Michelle is an iconic part of the Catwoman legacy. Just not my favorite.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
@GGA HAN clearly sees the Dictators dive kick into the stream chat once Max appears on screen with his Teth.
Obviously a sign Adam is hype and deserves representation again.
I'm casting spells down in the Lou with the black magic of Shazam! to support his return and Max's continued use.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@GGA 16 Bit if you had an aNNE Hathaway costume to pick from, were would you rank it against the others? Congrats BTW!

Do you mean how do I rank Anne's compared to the other live action Catwomen? It's awesome. The goggles/cat ears were such a clever touch. It's my favorite, aside from Batman 66 which is great in the context of how she is on that show.

Non-live action I'd rank Arkham City, Injustice default and Darwyn Cooke's comic design highly.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I just watched the archive! I fell asleep after winner´s finals on Tuesday cause i wake up at 5;30 to sell tacos in the street.

@GGA 16 Bit Siiiiick play. Let´s talk selina soon! I have some new measurements for you to take into KIT.

@GGA Jeremiah You are absolutely hilarious on commentary. I wanna see you on more often. I had to decide between like 6 different things you said last night to use for my new sig.

I´m also thankful to have such an entertaining stream every week to get hype about and to make me laugh.