What's new

GGA 16 Bit wins Ghost Battle Series #63!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Come to mama!

Halloween may be today but there were plenty of tricks and treats in Chicago last night. The windy city warriors switched to the blackest night costumes and enabled zombie mode for a ghoulish Injustice tournament full of the salt and hype you've come to expect from GBS. After a dominating 5 weeks Max had found himself in somewhat of a slump(by his standards), failing to win the past two weeks. This week started off strong however, with a decisive win over Rational Jim's Flash and a convincing 3-0 win against the previous week's champion Saucy Jack's Superman. With my Catwoman winning my first two matches Max was set for a runback against the other player who had beaten him last week. In a surprise 3-2 set a woman from the streets did what the Man of Steel could not and sent Max to the losers bracket. Sitting comfortably in winners grand finals I watched as Jeremiah, Saucy Jack and Max battled it out for a spot in grand finals losers. Max was victorious and earned his rematch against the cat. After a quick 3-0 reset things looked grim for the femme fatale. Refusing to give up the cat and mouse game continued and even donning the Bane jacket and mask weren't enough to save Max from getting scratched. With a close 3-2 victory I won my 18th GBS, winning the Halloween GBS again and tying Max for 5 GBS wins this season.

Truth decided to use Flash this week and while he defeated Rising Dragon's Grundy he came up short against Hruza's Nightwing and Saucy Jack's Superman. Jim also had a rough night, losing to Jeremiah's Aquaman and also falling to Jack. After losing to Superman both Flash players started an emo party, huddling together at the casual setup, mumbling about how they'll never be as good as Honeybee.

Hruza and his girlfriend Merissa were in a festive mood, bringing cookies to celebrate my birthday and Halloween. She sat behind him watching him play but even with her encouragment he could not defeat his nemesis Catwoman and later lost to Jeremiah's Aquaman. Disappointed at losing in front of her Hruza left the arcade early, not waiting for the end of the tournanet(that or he had to wake up for work at 3 am later that night).

Rising Dragon showed up dressed as the Grim Reaper, condeming the souls of the losers to eternal damnation for their failure. He was then the first to leave for Tony's, saving a table for the rest of the group. This lead to the surreal scene of all of us walking into Tony's and seeing Death himself sitting in our normal table waiting for us to arrive. I then ate way too much Tony's bread, likely ensuring my early demise and meeting with the real Reaper soon.

Top 8 Results:
1. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
2. GGA Max(Bane)
3. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
4. GGA Jeremiah(Aquaman, Doomsday)
5. RM Truth(The Flash)
5. Hruza Da Bruza(Nightwing)
7. Rational Jim(The Flash)
7. Rising Dragon(Solomon Grundy)

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Last edited by a moderator:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
"Why can't I get GAMES" - 16 Bit , 2014

Yet here he is beating up Max for weeks on end. Yeah sure >_>

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Meow,

I missed it. Looking forward to watching it later on YouTube. Good stuff Bit.