What's new

GGA 16 Bit Wins Ghost Battle Series #61!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You face the god of war!

For 5 weeks straight Max reigned over GBS, leaving a bloody trail of broken backs, empty venom canisters, and shattered dreams. With his key rival PPJ on sabbatical the situation looked grim for Chicago's weekly. However this week two of Max's recent victims stepped up and saved the windy city from Bane's wrath. First was Saucy Jack, who had been unable to beat Max since he switched to Superman. The pieces finally came together and the Last Son of Krypton sent the reigning champion to the losers bracket. Hungry for revenge, Max declared he'd go through the losers bracket and meet the Jew of Steel again. Normally he'd be right but not this week because the god of war himself awaited. This wasn't their first encounter. N1k0lass had beaten Max on his first week back after EVO. Max had won every rematch since then but just when it was looking like that earlier win was a fluke N1k0lass made Greece proud and sent Max home with a 4th place finish. With the masked monster out of the way the playing field was completely open for another winner but in a twist it wasn't a god or an alien, it was a mere mortal woman with a whip. Sneaking into the grand finals amongst all the Ares hype it was my Day 1 Phenomenal Offline Catwoman that ended up on top. My 17th GBS win secured I then enjoyed a rare Tony's dinner where I wasn't complaining about Bane. At least this week.

GBS had a rare appearance by top Killer Instinct player Donkey Disk this week, who pulled his Aquaman out of the moth balls to give us a more complete meta. The originator of d+1~Trident Rush scored an upset first round victory against Twisted in the Aquaman mirror, leaving Limbo emo and wishing he had just gone to class instead. Dizzy didn't fare so well after his first match though, as he then went up against offensive powerhouses Bane and then Flash. Blown up by their harsh knockdown games and 50/50's Dizzy was last seen in a corner of the game room acting as a shill for Killer Instinct. Word is he succeded in selling Saucy Jack on the game, with the promise of an native American character higher on the tier list than Nightwolf was.

Hruza Da Bruza had a relatively successful break from Nightwing with his Grundy but decided to go back to Dick for this week. He lost in the first round to N1k0lass but defeated Twisted convincingly. Set to face Truth in his next losers match Hruza unfortunately had to DQ himself and leave the venue early. With Injustice on the decline and turnouts lowering shout outs to Hruza who still shows up to GBS to represent Nightwing even if work causes him to show up late or leave early.

Top 8 Results:
1. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
2. N1k0lass(Ares)
3. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
4. GGA Max(Bane)
5. Safety Jim(Flash)
5. RM Truth(Batman)
7. Hruza Da Bruza(Nightwing)
7. GGA Dizzy(Aquaman)

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How late can I show up because I get off work when GBS starts?

If you let Pete know in advance he can add you to the bracket early and hold off your match as long as possible, then if the tournament needs to move on he'd send you to losers. Hruza and Rising Dragon do this sometimes.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
"My 17th GBS win secured I then enjoyed a rare Tony's dinner where I wasn't complaining about Bane. At least this week"

Hahaha

@N1k0lasss we are indeed proud Nick.
Keep the faith, put tiers and salt aside