What's new

GGA 16 Bit wins Ghost Battle Series #54!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You like the rough stuff, huh?

It was quite possibly the closest grand finals in the history of Ghost Battle Series but for the second time since year 2 began the princess of plunder clawed and scratched her way to the top. Earlier in the night in winners finals I had been sent to losers in a close 3-2 set against Chicago's Jew of Steel, Saucy Jack. After raging at community members who weren't actually in the room about the Catwoman vs. Superman matchup I regained my composer for losers finals as I faced off against Catwoman's GBS nightmare...Bane. Managing to remain in a relaxed state and forcing the young Kyu into a panic mode Selina was able to vanquish her masked nemesis and earn the right to challenge Jack in the grand finals. The action was back and forth with a 3-2 first set into reset and a 3-2 reset making Selina's 15th GBS championship win perhaps her toughest yet.

Of course the most interesting thing about this week was the lack of sound. HAN's sound card was damaged leaving us with no choice but to stream the night's antics mute. You couldn't hear it but the small crowd gathered around the stream setup and still cheered for upsets, chanted for Jim, called Catwoman broken and actively rooted against poor Kyu's counter picking all night proving that GBS is hype with or without sound.

After weeks of wearing Superman and other DC comics t-shirts OTHER than Harley Quinn McCutty Mayhem finally showed up wearing a Harley shirt...and then proceeded to use Shazam all tournament. While he started off impressively against me he ended up losing to the cat and the God of War and settled on a 7th place finish. Will his Shazam project continue or will Mr. J's sidekick return next week?

The Truth had a good showing, defeating Kyu's Bane decisively with his Batman. The zoning would have made M2Dave proud and Truth played so well we were at a loss on how to blow him up.

Rational Jim continued his rivalry with N1k0lass, barely winning a hype opening match against the Greek's Ares. However he again fell to Kyu's Martian Manhunter in the losers quarter finals. Unfortunately for GBS with school starting back up young Kyu won't be able to attend as often and Jim will remain holding that for the foreseeable future. I recommend Kyu drop out and become a full time Injustice player but what do I know?

Special Announcement! Next week on the GBS stream I will be taking the ALS Ice bucket challenge, as per request of @pherleece. Whoever eliminates me from the tournament will be the one to dump the bucket on my head.

Top 8:
1. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
2. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
3. Kyu("All Bane this week")
4. N1k0lass(Ares)
5. Rational Jim(The Flash)
5. RM Truth(Batman)
7. Hruza Da Bruza(Nightwing)
7. McCutty Mayhem(Shazam)

Current seeding:
1. GGA 16 Bit 12 points
2. GGA Saucy Jack 11 points
3. Kyu 7 points
4. N1k0lass 5 points
5. GGA Pimpimjim 4 points
6. Rational Jim 3 points
6. RM Truth 3 points
7. GGA Fill Pops 2 points

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
VGGs to everyone I played, part of me is sorry for frauding with mmh, but another part of me knows it was tournament life and I was placing top 3. With or without my Bane. I'll still be coming on Sundays when I can, always gotta get better. Grats to SaucyJack for doing so well, grats to Bit for super hype matches the whole way through. GGs to Truth for bodying me, I need to learn that MU. See yall Sunday.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
If Kyu ever loses to Ares with Martian I demand a letter of resignation.
The only real reason I picked Martian was I have 0 experience vs Ares. Ever. I just knew a few hitscreens off Mr Aquaman footage and that's it. I figured MMH would do a lot better than Bane would in that MU, so I went with him. It was the right choice at least.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Here is a link for the twitch archive if anyone wants to see the matches before they go up on youtube.

http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/562932238

There will also be no sound on the archive and the youtube videos, unfortunately. One of the best grand finals matches I've ever seen for this game, by far. @GGA Saucy Jack has leveled up tremendously and I'm proud to see him do so well.

Also, special shoutouts to all the people who watched and supported our stream even with no sound. I tried to be more interactive with the stream chat, hopefully it helped.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Forgot to mention, thanks for the all the people who voted for me in the 1/2 thing Han was doing in chat. To all the people blowing me up for picking Martian, ask yourself this. Tournament life is on the line and it's a choice before playing a 3-7 or playing a 5-5 potentially 6-4 matchup. Exactly. Shush please :p

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Real talk, you should do whatever you feel you want to do to win.

But the price is we get to make fun of you for it. :cool:
I don't mind you guys doing it in person but I can't tell trolling on a stream chat lolol.