What's new

Getting Ermac EVO Ready

zaf

professor
I was suppose to go to apex but did not get my passport in time. Ill be going to winter brawl and yes evo.

Using an unblock-able after a tks~jik~teleport will not work because the opponent can just tech away.

B2 is definitely underused, feints with this move just allow you to bait your opponent. I often charge in front of people who are waking up and jump over them in hopes of them trying to use a special or a poke to hit me out. You can cancel the b2 with jumps the same way was with dashes, it counts as the same inputs.

Yes Ermac's wake up game is ass, and most people will just block and wait you out.
For this reason, I have been using wake up grabs. Opponents are not expecting this as much.
When they start to poke at you, this opens tks back up.
Also if you are on the ground and someone is trying to cross you up at this point to time their jip for when you are getting back up, just TKS. THIS will always grab them. Time it for when they are directly overhead you at the peak of their jump. Input the tks for the direction they are going to land.
Also, since his wake up game is so bad, I just tech away all of them time and just restart the spacing.
TECH TECH TECH People, it will save you most of the time as well.

[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION], i have added you. I would like to learn the csz mu more. So i hope you can use this character. As for mileena, i play with jer so.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I was suppose to go to apex but did not get my passport in time. Ill be going to winter brawl and yes evo.

Using an unblock-able after a tks~jik~teleport will not work because the opponent can just tech away.

B2 is definitely underused, feints with this move just allow you to bait your opponent. I often charge in front of people who are waking up and jump over them in hopes of them trying to use a special or a poke to hit me out. You can cancel the b2 with jumps the same way was with dashes, it counts as the same inputs.

Yes Ermac's wake up game is ass, and most people will just block and wait you out.
For this reason, I have been using wake up grabs. Opponents are not expecting this as much.
When they start to poke at you, this opens tks back up.
Also if you are on the ground and someone is trying to cross you up at this point to time their jip for when you are getting back up, just TKS. THIS will always grab them. Time it for when they are directly overhead you at the peak of their jump. Input the tks for the direction they are going to land.
Also, since his wake up game is so bad, I just tech away all of them time and just restart the spacing.
TECH TECH TECH People, it will save you most of the time as well.

[MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION], i have added you. I would like to learn the csz mu more. So i hope you can use this character. As for mileena, i play with jer so.
I'll use CSz definitely as well as about 6-7 others as well as my final round special :)

I look forward to training and playing w all you

We will put on a hell of a show for evo and I love the energy in this thread

Props to [MENTION=7140]KamikazeJD[/MENTION]

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
times like these i wish i had PSN to partake in this :(
Ill be following this thread closely and if anything pops in my head, ill add it

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
question.. lol this might sound dumb as shit but im sure it'll help someone else too.. when you tech you cannot block at all, right? so we can get people in a tks if they roll automatically? at what point during the roll are they invincibe, if at all, and at what point can they block? Shit, while typing this i just came up with a scenario that could put some nice pressure on opponents and keep them guessing. I noticed a couple times during my online exploits id get them in a tks and id do a 31, 312- and because of the lag or the frantic button presses on my part, instead of shooting a lovely tkp id levitate and do a butt slam. This would always connect and hit and hit the opponent. If the buttslam was a lil fuckin faster wit recovery we could get a buttslam reset, lol, but i digress.. So, lets say we get the opponent in whatever our bread and butter is and finish with tkp. Whats wrong with going straight to a levitate to keep fullscreen pressure? In reality this is an unblockable setup! The only thing they can do to stop it is to guess right and jump AS YOU ARE POUNDING THE GROUND!! If they guess wrong they are fucked! Other than just taking 8% from the slam, which is the second best case scenario, if they jump back that can be teleported and hit into a big combo. If they jump straight up it still hits with the teleport and if they jump forward they get tkp'd so we can start the pressure over or they get punished with tks then tkp'd as a finisher and start it right back over. This could be a nice option select for us to use as a mixup tool. Who can punish this set up other than maybe raiden and an exnomad dash kabal? gimmie input. I wanna know wat u guys think of this. When i get home from my girls house im going to try it on some people and see how they react to it.

EDIT:And if it does work and is viable i call this the "SHOOOOP DA WHOOP MAC SAUCE"
haha

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
so after a force push you levitate and if they...

Jump back or up: Tele into combo
Jump forward: force push
Block: Slam
Roll: Slam

Is that what you are saying? Why cant they block and then jump? or wakeup tele, what about that? Kung Lao's Ex tele would make short work of this.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
so after a force push you levitate and if they...

Jump back or up: Tele into combo
Jump forward: force push
Block: Slam
Roll: Slam

Is that what you are saying? Why cant they block and then jump? or wakeup tele, what about that? Kung Lao's Ex tele would make short work of this.
i mean obviously you cant use it every time you tkp but do it enough so they respect it and figure out how to stop it. But you can cancel the levitate also. Id say if you get,them more towards the corner after a tkp levitate and hold the levitate to see wat they do. If you play against kl and he did extp fuckin cancel the levitate! It has armor on it but its really a slow attack. Slow enough to easily get out of levitate and block or evade. Your first 2 or so levitates should be cancelled for purposes of reading ur opponent.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Buttslam is -15/-13 (nonex/ex) ON HIT. They can simply stand up with block and eat the rest of Ermac's life bar for dinner nullyfying all mindgame options.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Buttslam is -15/-13 (nonex/ex) ON HIT. They can simply stand up with block and eat the rest of Ermac's life bar for dinner nullyfying all mindgame options.
a fullscreen buttslam can be converted into a huge combo from what character? After a tkp an opponent is pushed fullscreen. If you have enough time to telly u got enough time to levitate. Whats not practical about it? Please tell me. Whats the worse that can come from this? Im not bein hostile or nothin I really want input! Knowin the situation tell me what the pros and cons are from this.

Id say its better to do the levitate against people and players that have ridiculous rushdown. Ie jc, jax.
Teleport against zoners ie ermac, kenshi, sub0

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
I have written this a couple of times, every time someone mentions Levitate shenanigans, so let's sum up everything:
We TKP the opp fullscreen and start to Levitate for mixup; we assume opp knows all the possibilities, so he'll be stand blocking and waiting. What Ermac can do?
a) teleport - opp knows he shouldn't jump, he's still stand blocking, we teleport - we dead
b) airblast - minimal meter building, safe option
c) Levitate cancel - same as above, even faster = safer
Both of the above are marginal in the terms of meter building, though.
d) Buttslam - if opp's reflexes are good, he'll jump & punish us or at least will close the distance significantly (and as you mentioned, we'd want to use this only in rushdown chars matchup, so in that situation Jax/Johnny Cage would smack our face with Bionic Arm/Shadow kick). If opp is the Little Slowpoke, he'd eat falling unblockable -> we made a stunning 8% of damage and lost all the momentum being that negative on frames. IMO it is really too low reward for loosing the initiative. It's not a mindgame if one choice (stand blocking) can negate every possibility.
After the TKP knockdown if we want to keep the opponent away, we can just throw a Force ball, it'll hit him if he tries wakeup attack (character/distance dependant), it'll chip damage if he stands up blocking, we can even throw EX Ball, which canmake 4% of chip - half the buttslam damage, even better, because it's safe and "armor breaks" (2 hits, it'll kill Kabals Ex ND for example), it'll keep him lying/neutral crouching if he decides to, giving us more time to plan the next move.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Theres this Ermac who ive had a few matches with. VERY innovative.
Examples of what hell do: As raiden, hell do 22. Pause. Sweep. It plays with my head and ive never seen it before.

Back to Ermac, that players blockstrings were good too.

EX: Jip, b3, 12, b1 ~ TKS
Jip, 31, b3, 12, crossover, b2 (charged to about 7-9%) ~b1, TKS -----> combo.

Sometimes hed even charge the b2 completely and i never knew when. And he always knew when to NJP.
Speaking of NJP, i believe its one of Ermacs best friends. I never know when to NJP tho, i just seem to do it as often as i do as anyone else.

When do you use NJP?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I have written this a couple of times, every time someone mentions Levitate shenanigans, so let's sum up everything:
We TKP the opp fullscreen and start to Levitate for mixup; we assume opp knows all the possibilities, so he'll be stand blocking and waiting. What Ermac can do?
a) teleport - opp knows he shouldn't jump, he's still stand blocking, we teleport - we dead
b) airblast - minimal meter building, safe option
c) Levitate cancel - same as above, even faster = safer
Both of the above are marginal in the terms of meter building, though.
d) Buttslam - if opp's reflexes are good, he'll jump & punish us or at least will close the distance significantly (and as you mentioned, we'd want to use this only in rushdown chars matchup, so in that situation Jax/Johnny Cage would smack our face with Bionic Arm/Shadow kick). If opp is the Little Slowpoke, he'd eat falling unblockable -> we made a stunning 8% of damage and lost all the momentum being that negative on frames. IMO it is really too low reward for loosing the initiative. It's not a mindgame if one choice (stand blocking) can negate every possibility.
After the TKP knockdown if we want to keep the opponent away, we can just throw a Force ball, it'll hit him if he tries wakeup attack (character/distance dependant), it'll chip damage if he stands up blocking, we can even throw EX Ball, which canmake 4% of chip - half the buttslam damage, even better, because it's safe and "armor breaks" (2 hits, it'll kill Kabals Ex ND for example), it'll keep him lying/neutral crouching if he decides to, giving us more time to plan the next move.
an exfb is a dumb waste of meter. If they block it 4% chip is nowhere near worth it. A regular fb is fine and I wouldnt argue against that. That stunning 8% we just got will make the opponent think about it next time you levitate, right? Especially if they dont convert to a combo or even trade. If they stand and block and take that damage ill just set up and do it again. The only way jax or jc can hit ermac after a full screen buttslam is using meter. I dont think theyd want to use meter just to trade. The rewards you get for reading and baiting levitate correctly far outweigh the cons. As we stated before a jump up or away hit by tp is converted to a full combo. A jump towards gets tks, which is full combo. The -frames that you get are between 14 frames, right? Is that after the opponents stagger?
Also im not saying use it against everybody. Raiden hell no. Mileena, kitana, and kabal hell no. even rain id say no to, or at least use it moderately.

Theres this Ermac who ive had a few matches with. VERY innovative.
Examples of what hell do: As raiden, hell do 22. Pause. Sweep. It plays with my head and ive never seen it before.

Back to Ermac, that players blockstrings were good too.

EX: Jip, b3, 12, b1 ~ TKS
Jip, 31, b3, 12, crossover, b2 (charged to about 7-9%) ~b1, TKS -----> combo.

Sometimes hed even charge the b2 completely and i never knew when. And he always knew when to NJP.
Speaking of NJP, i believe its one of Ermacs best friends. I never know when to NJP tho, i just seem to do it as often as i do as anyone else.

When do you use NJP?
Wat was his psn? And I usually do it after they poke or after I myself poke. Theres no real formula for aaing some shit. Also to cover ur tracks if u mis the njp use an aitblast as ur comin down, you might catch them

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think this matchup is highly under rated in the MK community. I tend to think Brady is going to be using this character more and more.
I also think Metzo's is highly correct with Ermac really not having bad match ups overall. I think he is on the same level as Scorpion, where you have to take a few risks, but for 50% damage, it is well worth it.
I really hope you guys have good showings, just to show what you guys have been hiding from us all!! :). The US community needs someone to step up and be the face of Ermac as a single main. Just like Metzo's has been for the EU.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I think this matchup is highly under rated in the MK community. I tend to think Brady is going to be using this character more and more.
I also think Metzo's is highly correct with Ermac really not having bad match ups overall. I think he is on the same level as Scorpion, where you have to take a few risks, but for 50% damage, it is well worth it.
I really hope you guys have good showings, just to show what you guys have been hiding from us all!! :). The US community needs someone to step up and be the face of Ermac as a single main. Just like Metzo's has been for the EU.
one of us will step up from the us. Me, slim, my dude pboard player, we all have solid ermacs. I dont wanna soeak for the other guys but I only use ermac. Since april ive stood by him. One of us will step up big on the road to evo.
As for tb, I highly doubt he'd main ermac. During the devastation stream, lmao during my match, he said ermac has too many bad matchups. Noob, reptile, raiden, kl, etc..

B+4 - +2
F+1,1,4 - +4
F+2 - +4
U+4 - +4

you guys need to work this into Ermac's game somehow. I never knew Ermac had all this block advantage until the frame data topic.

Creepy00

Noob
B+4 - +2
F+1,1,4 - +4
F+2 - +4
U+4 - +4

you guys need to work this into Ermac's game somehow. I never knew Ermac had all this block advantage until the frame data topic.
Those were know already even before frame data. Except, the exact frames, but yeah

The major thing i would say guys need to level up, will be your quick reactions executions. Know when to use telepush or teleslam.

Edit: Maybe you could change my thoughts about ermac by evo, i will still play him offline or online but i dont why use him in evo witb the level competition it offers. Reptiles, kitana, kabal, are among his bad match ups.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Those were know already even before frame data. Except, the exact frames, but yeah

The major thing i would say guys need to level up, will be your quick reactions executions. Know when to use telepush or teleslam.
utilizing ermacs 'slow, useless' over head as a frame trap will fuck people. Ima b at at least 5 tournaments b4 evo.. My plan obviously is to take first place in all, but, lol realistically, I know that is a very lofty goal.. Expect to see me in at least top 16 and hopefully more top 8/grand final type shit. Im going to step it up, will you guys?? Be about your shit my fellow ermacs, we will lead a shit storm into evo and we aint takim names! Lmao im hella hype right now writin this! Dont make me pull a tom brady and fuckin dashboard cam some ermac shit!

Creepy00

Noob
utilizing ermacs 'slow, useless' over head as a frame trap will fuck people. Ima b at at least 5 tournaments b4 evo.. My plan obviously is to take first place in all, but, lol realistically, I know that is a very lofty goal.. Expect to see me in at least top 16 and hopefully more top 8/grand final type shit. Im going to step it up, will you guys?? Be about your shit my fellow ermacs, we will lead a shit storm into evo and we aint takim names! Lmao im hella hype right now writin this! Dont make me pull a tom brady and fuckin dashboard cam some ermac shit!
lol like your attitude, alright i will contributing to the ermac forums more frequently, let see if i can help you guys out.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Alas, no final round. Thats a pretty fuckin penny.. Like damn near a grand for that weekend.. More like tournaments in cali and im thinkin of the one in washington..
Byt heres your post from the 'ermac winning a major' thread you posted. I think it would be nice to not only critique our gameplay, but also talk about our strategies against people. Ill post a video or 2 of mine also

RedSpectre221 said:
Well ive played some amateurs but my first Big Event will be Final Round in March but here is me in my last tournament i played in I know i need alot more work but ive been playing Ermac since day one so i know pretty much all match ups.

So what I saw..
Against stryker at the end of the first round you finished with an xray. It was a huge waste of meter.. I think a tkp would have killed him from the 22 you did.
In general I saw you throw out a lot of f114 and you jumped alot. Watch out because the f114 can be poked out of and a lot of jumps can make you predictable. Watch out for random tellys! Thats ermacs death wish! After awhile the sindel guy began to bait them. When you do jump in try and use macs airblast to make them think about holding block longer/stop them from aaing. Try and include his f2 f4 and u4 in your gameplay. And try to throw more! I like your usage of b114 for chip damage.

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Thanks for the Feedback bro im really working on less jumping because i recently fought 16 bit and he blew me up because of the jumping but when i stopped jumping the match was alot more even. Im gonna check these videos out now ill post my thoughts.