What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Why is so much of Destiny's end game Strikes / Raids all about hiding in a safe spot and then shooting a bullet sponge Boss for 45 mins? What designer thought that'd be fun?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why is so much of Destiny's end game Strikes / Raids all about hiding in a safe spot and then shooting a bullet sponge Boss for 45 mins? What designer thought that'd be fun?
ya know..... idk

I was thinking that too... i mean i beat the Nightfall last week basically with my exotic sniper alone. Simply because the doofus couldn't hit me.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
ya know..... idk

I was thinking that too... i mean i beat the Nightfall last week basically with my exotic sniper alone. Simply because the doofus couldn't hit me.
Exactly, and that seems to be the leading strat on taking down Nightfalls / Heroics. Camp a safespot in the map with a Sniper / Scout weapon and pew pew pew for 45 mins. Cheezing Strikes because to play them legit gets you oneshot so easy and any other tactic isn't viable because of the inevitable adds swarms.

It's the difference between Modular difficulty as a design versus Organic difficulty and right now, Destiny is skewed too heavy towards Modular difficulty in my opinion. ENB (a Dark/Demons Souls YouTuber) talks about designing difficulty here.
It's present in Destiny too:

Vault of Glass - Organic difficulty (creative use of mechanics to present a dynamic challenge)
Strike levels - Modular difficulty (straight stat tweaking)

To me that's why Vault of Glass is touted as the 'PvE crown jewel of the game' whereas the Strikes are viewed as rote, repetitive, and boring.

Last edited:

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So waht is the gun for choice for pve post AR nerfs? I have a fully maxed shadow price but i am wondering if the scout rifle is the new way to go now. And if so which one outside of the VoG Scout rifle?

mikey_mike1993

The Outworld Prince
Add me on psn: Mikey_Mike1993 I only have Destiny on ps3. I need more people to raid with. Level 29 with warlock and level 27 with hunter :p

Edit: R.I.P pocket infinity :( I only had it for like 4 days and it was nerfed to shit :(

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
We changed plans for tonight since the hotfix changed how we wanted to approach the VoG on hard , people wanna do the lv 26 first :( , if there's an open spot i'll let you know.

Also i'm liking the new balancing , AR are more in line with other weapons damage ratio and aren't the obvious choice ( now i can finally go fulltime pulse rifle thank god ) , scout rifle damage looking pretty damaging now and shotguns don't kill you as easily when 7 meters away.Now im waiting for the class balance fixes.

Also did anyone hear the rumor that they're gonna add subclasses in the december expansion?

And pocket infinity was broke.

Maybe, but now pocket infinity is one of the worst fusion rifles in the game. I was hoping the 3rd class would make it in soon. Am excited for Arc Warlock.

cyke_out

Noob
So waht is the gun for choice for pve post AR nerfs? I have a fully maxed shadow price but i am wondering if the scout rifle is the new way to go now. And if so which one outside of the VoG Scout rifle?
My fully leveled shadow price is still doing work. Auto rifles are not useless now, just normalized to be on the same levels as other guns. Think post patch Superman. Still a great character, just not OP.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Level 27 warlock here (close to 28). I have yet to do any raiding, so I really need a group that has an extra spot open. Feel free to hit me up on Xbox One. GT: Semi Evil Ryu

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
My fully leveled shadow price is still doing work. Auto rifles are not useless now, just normalized to be on the same levels as other guns. Think post patch Superman. Still a great character, just not OP.
Yeah I'm not giving up on my Hard Light, I love bullet hoses too much. I've yet to step back into the crucible though but PvE is still manageable. It still bums me out to have to switch to Scouts for Heroic / Nightfall Strikes though.

RiBBz22

I've still been wrecking with my Suros and I also use the MIDA multi-tool in pretty much every level except super super close quarters. Gun is incredible.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've still been wrecking with my Suros and I also use the MIDA multi-tool in pretty much every level except super super close quarters. Gun is incredible.
How is the new damage on scouts?

are they worth it in PvP now? Do they just beast in PvE?

The one gun I REALLY liked that just... sucked.

RiBBz22

How is the new damage on scouts?

are they worth it in PvP now? Do they just beast in PvE?

The one gun I REALLY liked that just... sucked.
Mine MIDA is awesome in PVE now and I like it alot on larger levels in PVE mostly because it always allows you to look at radar downscope. Definitely viable for nearly full use IMO with the buffs and AR nerfs. Suros is still strong though, but easier to manage against.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
idk if anyone else has heard of it yet, but there is a new chest found in the VoG that ONLY spawns if you can down the Templar without letting him teleport, not even once. myself and a group of others spent hours trying last night and came suuuper close (less than 5% left). we eventually just gave up on the whole vault run altogether, so i'll be looking for another attempt today. just a heads up to anyone else that may need a spot filled on their group.

Justice

Noob
I'm always down for raiding, weeklies and stuffs. Even if I e already done it, I'm happy to helps and gets practice in. Really starting to get salty that I don't even have a VoG normal win yet :(

29 Warlock with both sub jobbies maxed (I prefer Voidwalker but will do what the party needs/wants). I have experience just not the win :confused:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ran vault of glass with some randoms from destinylfg.net in about 2 hrs. It was cool despite not knowing what the hell was going on. Got a bunch of shards and energy though and the Chatterwhite shader so, no so great loot to write home about. The Strikes should be like this.

Crathen

Death is my business
Dude........fucking bullshit.

You don't deserve half of the stuff you got.
You know what the sweet part is?

I've totally wanted Hawkmoon from day one and was mad i didn't get it , then i see your invite to the VoG earlier and since you've found another guy i decided to hop on crucible and get pulse rifle some guardians and right when i end it Mud-and-Cigs obtained Hawkmoon

Thanks Ricky if it wasn't for you i wouldn't ever gotten Hawkmoon -Crathen

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
You know what the sweet part is?

I've totally wanted Hawkmoon from day one and was mad i didn't get it , then i see your invite to the VoG earlier and since you've found another guy i decided to hop on crucible and get pulse rifle some guardians and right when i end it Mud-and-Cigs obtained Hawkmoon

Thanks Ricky if it wasn't for you i wouldn't ever gotten Hawkmoon -Crathen