What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

not to be a HUGE dick.... but i'm going to be a huge dick

if you wouldn't of farmed all your shit...... you wouldn't have this feeling of nothingness to do.
This. People don't understand that if you make it easy to achieve goals in a game it loses it's replay value extremely fast. It's the most ignorant thing I see with most kids these days, they despise challenges, they want everything to be easy because they have been conditioned to win at everything. Infinite lives, no failure states, etc. But that gratification is very short lived, true gratification comes from working hard and overcoming difficult challenges.

I saw this in WoW a lot, where new content would come out and the dungeons would be difficult. People would bitch and moan about how hard they were until they got nerfed and then they could pretty much farm them for free. Low and behold after that happened the content would go stale and people would bitch about how everything is too easy and there is nothing to do.

This mentality happens in all genre of games. In the FGC you see many players who immediately jump on the nerf bandwagon when they encounter something difficult to beat, rather than trying to figure it out and adapt to it. Or people who rage quit when getting outplayed online.

Maybe I'm just masochistic, but I prefer good challenging games like super meat boy and dark souls.

E

Eldriken

This. People don't understand that if you make it easy to achieve goals in a game it loses it's replay value extremely fast. It's the most ignorant thing I see with most kids these days, they despise challenges, they want everything to be easy because they have been conditioned to win at everything. Infinite lives, no failure states, etc. But that gratification is very short lived, true gratification comes from working hard and overcoming difficult challenges.

I saw this in WoW a lot, where new content would come out and the dungeons would be difficult. People would bitch and moan about how hard they were until they got nerfed and then they could pretty much farm them for free. Low and behold after that happened the content would go stale and people would bitch about how everything is too easy and there is nothing to do.

This mentality happens in all genre of games. In the FGC you see many players who immediately jump on the nerf bandwagon when they encounter something difficult to beat, rather than trying to figure it out and adapt to it. Or people who rage quit when getting outplayed online.

Maybe I'm just masochistic, but I prefer good challenging games like super meat boy and dark souls.
Except none of that applies to me. I didn't get everything from that cave like he assumed I did, which I clearly pointed out.

It was something DIFFERENT to do other than the same things there was to do otherwise and it actually felt rewarding most of the time.

I'm very familiar with MMOs and ARPGs, so how this game works is no surprise to me. Bungie just made you have to grind 100x more for a lot less return and now they took it to another level.

Hopefully they have plans to fix their loot system.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I can't tonight /: work tomorrow & Saturday. Saturday I'll be at Cowboys house, then I have work Monday so I can't play Sunday night. Sorry ;_;
OH HO HO! SOMEBODY gets themselves an exotic off the sweat and toil of our Nexus Mind slaying and now he's taking off?!?!

....Actually this is providence; I realize we need 3 more people for VoG and I'm gonna be home a little later than usual tonight. It's all good.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
OH HO HO! SOMEBODY gets themselves an exotic off the sweat and toil of our Nexus Mind slaying and now he's taking off?!?!

....Actually this is providence; I realize we need 3 more people for VoG and I'm gonna be home a little later than usual tonight. It's all good.
My exotic rifle is so awesome. I did no work and got the best loots <3

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
My exotic rifle is so awesome. I did no work and got the best loots <3
I'm starting to think you're working for the Vex.

You intentionally died so we would be sabotaged. This was because you could not risk making it obvious not attacking your beloved Nexus Mind.

You played on your Vita. A piece of technology that begins with the letter that represents the Vex.

V also stands for 5.

There are 5 letters in the word 'Ducky'

And your stories weren't adding up yesterday. How could you be eating macaroni when Wednesday is CLEARLY Spaghetti night?

And when we neared a Minotaur I could have sworn I heard you whisper: 'hail hydra'

Ducky is a Vex spy confirmed.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I'm starting to think you're working for the Vex.

You intentionally died so we would be sabotaged. This was because you could not risk making it obvious not attacking your beloved Nexus Mind.

You played on your Vita. A piece of technology that begins with the letter that represents the Vex.

V also stands for 5.

There are 5 letters in the word 'Ducky'

And your stories weren't adding up yesterday. How could you be eating macaroni when Wednesday is CLEARLY Spaghetti night?

And when we neared a Minotaur I could have sworn I heard you whisper: 'hail hydra'

Ducky is a Vex spy confirmed.
He was defending the Hobgoblins all night long

Let's go!

http://www.bungie.net/sr/Clan/Detail/188045

Were here for raids, strikes, casual play, crucible domination, you name it.

You don't have to be an uber pro like me, nor could you ever be, pathetic worm.

Our rules are simple:
1. If a teammate is capping an objective and starts to dance, you must also start dancing. Stop only when it means certain death.

2.When a member dances with you, you must dance back or turn off your console.

Join us. XBOX ONE users; you are not welcome here. PS4 master race.
PS3, and Xbox360 players are cool though.
PS4? *LEAVES*

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah the loot cave nerf doesn't surprise me but the shard nerf does. I guess they really want to draw out the upgrading process. At least the cave farming opened their eyes to see how there's a current problem with loot drop rates doing Strikes and other areas of gameplay. They also explained why voice chat isn't implemented in public spaces / matchmaking; "existing voice paradigms, including those in our own Halo games, have not done enough to protect players from abusive griefing from a minority of players." I still find it ironic though that the most organic and social interaction I've experienced in-game has been at the loot cave (I play solo).

I have to rely on matchmaking because I don't have a large prexisting buddy list of people that play video games. I'm starting to get Destiny friend requests though and even had a guy drop in to help me with a Kill Order from the Queen mission and it was really fun. Destiny acts like it wants you to be social and make friends but then goes out of it's way to be a pretty lonely experience. Speaking of which, for those interested there's a site dedicated to matchmaking for stuff that has no in-game matchmaking: http://www.destinylfg.net/.

Also....possible Loot Cave 2.0? (havent tested myself)

Last edited:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
do you guys think it would be cool if like there was a firing range in the tower or like the menu? At least everytime I got a new gun I could test it out right away haha.

after a 7 hour grind we finally beat the raid. possibly the most challenging thing ive ever done in gaming. daaaayyyuuum that last boss

Last edited: