What's new

Gears of War Callouts

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Prior to title update 4, Gears 2 was the best in the franchise in my opinion, despite some of the dumb stuff like rag doll smokes. The gnashers had a slower rate of fire so the game had the FGC equivalent of footsies so that you actually had to be smart about shooting or would get bodied and most importantly the shotgun was consistent. And as much as people hated two piecing I felt the melee was good for the game and added another "footsie" mechanic in strafe fights to where if you positioned yourself poorly you would die. Slow paced movement wasn't that bad because if you had good movement it didn't matter. Now with the faster paced movement and useless melees you just see people roadie running into each other, choking shots until someone chunks the other.

Edit: The online connection was terrible though, I'm mainly talking LAN/competitive play.
this statement made me lol, gears 2 was easily the worst in the series thank god they learned there lesson by in gears 3. gears 2 literally killed the franchise got dropped from MLG because it sucked so bad no one wanted to play and no skill involved.

this is me (a former pro) so please don't tell me it was just me uploaded this for all the idiots saying the game was good.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
this statement made me lol, gears 2 was easily the worst in the series thank god they learned there lesson by in gears 3. gears 2 literally killed the franchise got dropped from MLG because it sucked so bad no one wanted to play and no skill involved.

this is me (a former pro) so please don't tell me it was just me uploaded this for all the idiots saying the game was good.

You are correct. But then they added the female and Savage Kantus hitboxes in GOW3, buffed the Retro mulitple times etc. All the sweaty tryhards use them. Thank god most main stream and casual tourney's don't allow them.

Hoping that they finally get it right with hitboxes, weapon and map balance, and connections on the X1.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Even though Gears 2 had a lot of problems I had a lot of fun playing it. I can't even remember how many times I won a game for the team. I put mad hours into 2 and 3. I eventually stopped playing because of the retro/sawed off combo people taken to. It just didn't require any skill whatsoever. I'm hoping the next Gears will get it right.

SEV

Noob

Lmao. I too am a former Gears pro, for Gears 2, and as close as someone can get for Gears 3 considering all it had were Hypefestations. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you placed in Gears 1 because I've never heard of you and I didn't do MLG before Gears 2 but I was at every event between Meadowlands 09 and Hypefestation #1. But most players in the know preferred GoW 2 TU3, that includes zYn, the NSAN3Z, most of Vision and the list goes on. The only players that didn't like GoW 2 were those like on Infinity who struggled to place in a Gears game that actually required strategy and team fire, people like Ribs who sucked in Gears 2 but are now good in Gears 3, or people like Creamm who were good in GoW 1 but couldn't adapt to Gears 2. The game devolved from a strategic shooter that required mass coordination through team fights like those on Jacinto, or any map really, to a cluster fuck where both sides just push immediately into one area and the rounds are either won or loss in the first twenty seconds. GoW 3's only saving grace was KoTH or it wouldn't even have been playable competitively. The only bad thing in GoW 2 were the rag doll smokes but it had the best maps, weapon layouts and weapon balance but people were mad because it wasn't the same as Gears 1 and couldn't adapt so they cried until Epic ruined it.

And the reason why it was dropped from the circuit was because Epic kept patching the game and eventually made it impossible to revert to TU3, which was why it was dropped. That and Epic wouldn't give financial support to MLG. All of MLGs big games are games in which the developers give a lot of money to them, Starcraft CoD etc.

And the video you linked was removed but trust me, it's the only shotgun in any gears game that will consistently chunk you when in the 1 shot zone, prior to all the changes they made to it at least, in other words TU3.

Also Gears 2 definitely had the highest skill gap at top level play, it just had team skill as well as individual skill, where team skill was more important(only gears where team skill is more important), which is how a team based game should work(how every other team based game works). So if your team sucked it didn't matter how good your players were individually because they wouldn't last long enough into the round to where individual skill mattered more. That's why we saw the NSAN3Z dominate toward the end of the circuit, the team with the best team work, while teams like Infinity were only able to place in the money once, terrible team work, but very skilled individually.

Last edited:

SEV

Noob
I'll play a bit. Gamertag is SEV 007. And nevermind my 360 is now red ringing.

Last edited:

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Lmao. I too am a former Gears pro, for Gears 2, and as close as someone can get for Gears 3 considering all it had were Hypefestations. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you placed in Gears 1 because I've never heard of you and I didn't do MLG before Gears 2 but I was at every event between Meadowlands 09 and Hypefestation #1. But most players in the know preferred GoW 2 TU3, that includes zYn, the NSAN3Z, most of Vision and the list goes on. The only players that didn't like GoW 2 were those like on Infinity who struggled to place in a Gears game that actually required strategy and team fire, people like Ribs who sucked in Gears 2 but are now good in Gears 3, or people like Creamm who were good in GoW 1 but couldn't adapt to Gears 2. The game devolved from a strategic shooter that required mass coordination through team fights like those on Jacinto, or any map really, to a cluster fuck where both sides just push immediately into one area and the rounds are either won or loss in the first twenty seconds. GoW 3's only saving grace was KoTH or it wouldn't even have been playable competitively. The only bad thing in GoW 2 were the rag doll smokes but it had the best maps, weapon layouts and weapon balance but people were mad because it wasn't the same as Gears 1 and couldn't adapt so they cried until Epic ruined it.

And the reason why it was dropped from the circuit was because Epic kept patching the game and eventually made it impossible to revert to TU3, which was why it was dropped. That and Epic wouldn't give financial support to MLG. All of MLGs big games are games in which the developers give a lot of money to them, Starcraft CoD etc.

And the video you linked was removed but trust me, it's the only shotgun in any gears game that will consistently chunk you when in the 1 shot zone, prior to all the changes they made to it at least, in other words TU3.

Also Gears 2 definitely had the highest skill gap at top level play, it just had team skill as well as individual skill, where team skill was more important(only gears where team skill is more important), which is how a team based game should work(how every other team based game works). So if your team sucked it didn't matter how good your players were individually because they wouldn't last long enough into the round to where individual skill mattered more. That's why we saw the NSAN3Z dominate toward the end of the circuit, the team with the best team work, while teams like Infinity were only able to place in the money once, terrible team work, but very skilled individually.
in no way am I calling gears 1 a solid game as far as the bug's/glitch's that plagued it but if you were a fan of gears and watched 1 played on the circuit in no way did it require no strategy. But as a member of the Nsan3Z I can agree that we prefers TU3 but 100% preferred gow1 to 2. Gears 1 required a good teamfire and strategy anybody that thought different is simply misinformed, I dropped gears 2 before MLG even added it do to the yawn fest that it created people just camped nade tagged walls just sat it out. I played in only 1 gow2 event because I live in Columbus ohio I attended MLg and not even playing/owning the game got picked up at the door because 1 guy failed to show and placed 9th it was sad because the rush and fun that was gears was crucified in 2, im not trying to talk shit or take away your accomplishments im aware of who you are and your placings but please don't tear down others for, "not adapting" when it was simply that to true blodded gears fans it just wasn't gears.

LOL I SUCK AT GEARS I HAVENT PLAYED IN YEARSSS AND MY CONTROLLER THUMBSTICK IS CHEWED UP BY MY DOG. LOL ILL JUST STICK TOTHE FAR SUPERIOR HALO 3 :REO

BarackaFlockaFlame

MK10 IT HAS BEGUN!
i havent checked tym in a while i gotta add all of you guys right meow gow 1 and gow 3 ill send everyone who put there GT a friend request :coffee:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
LOL. I had all the DLC but i made this MTH account months ago. U just mad im better than u
You're right. It takes a lot of skill to wait for teammates to down an opponent and take it from them. Ha.
Also if you have all the dlc on another account y u no just play on that account