What's new

Gears of War Callouts

SEV

Noob
As much as I love Gears, they are terrible if they aren't played in a competitive manner, i.e. scrims.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Yeah before I played inj I mostly played gears of war 3, they announced that another one is coming out so I hope they learned from their mistakes on gow j. Anyone here watch the most recent hype festation? I might go back to that game because injustice on xbox is pretty dead, especially when there are only 30 in a room.

SEV

Noob
Its a different company making the new Gears, Epic sold the rights to the franchise, so who knows what to expect but most likely will be worse than judgement in terms of core gears gameplay.

BarackaFlockaFlame

MK10 IT HAS BEGUN!
Yeah before I played inj I mostly played gears of war 3, they announced that another one is coming out so I hope they learned from their mistakes on gow j. Anyone here watch the most recent hype festation? I might go back to that game because injustice on xbox is pretty dead, especially when there are only 30 in a room.
yea i agree i still play gears if you ever wanna play i started on gears 1 its my favorite game on the xbox by far

BarackaFlockaFlame

MK10 IT HAS BEGUN!
Its a different company making the new Gears, Epic sold the rights to the franchise, so who knows what to expect but most likely will be worse than judgement in terms of core gears gameplay.
hopefully not microsoft owns the rights to epic now and i know some of the epic employees who worked on the original and 3rd will be making a return to help make the new gears game so i hope it comes out to be an awesome game it has to be if its gonna be on next gen. gears on next gen is gonna be hype!

SEV

Noob
gow 2 was terrible imo lol the online was bad and the movement felt slow and derp i wasnt feeling gow 2. gow 1 and gow 3 are the best by far imo
Prior to title update 4, Gears 2 was the best in the franchise in my opinion, despite some of the dumb stuff like rag doll smokes. The gnashers had a slower rate of fire so the game had the FGC equivalent of footsies so that you actually had to be smart about shooting or would get bodied and most importantly the shotgun was consistent. And as much as people hated two piecing I felt the melee was good for the game and added another "footsie" mechanic in strafe fights to where if you positioned yourself poorly you would die. Slow paced movement wasn't that bad because if you had good movement it didn't matter. Now with the faster paced movement and useless melees you just see people roadie running into each other, choking shots until someone chunks the other.

Edit: The online connection was terrible though, I'm mainly talking LAN/competitive play.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I still play GOW, mainly 3 but we vary, every week with a Gears group known as Gears and Beers. I also play with what was formerly known as the EGFC until they shut down the Epic Forums. Both are mainly casual but contain some excellent players. The first one is a much more adult group but everyone is welcome. Anyone that wants to join our lobbies on Wed & Fri nights let me know.

EGFC use to run online tourneys often. Since there seems to be interest here I can post if new ones come up. The more tourneys entrants the better.

Unless I screwed upon my phone below should be the link for the new GOW forums at Black Tusk studios who are making the next gen Gears.
https://forums.gearsofwar.com/forumdisplay.php?7-General-Discussions

BarackaFlockaFlame

MK10 IT HAS BEGUN!
I still play GOW, mainly 3 but we vary, every week with a Gears group known as Gears and Beers. I also play with what was formerly known as the EGFC until they shut down the Epic Forums. Both are mainly casual but contain some excellent players. The first one is a much more adult group but everyone is welcome. Anyone that wants to join our lobbies on Wed & Fri nights let me know.

EGFC use to run online tourneys often. Since there seems to be interest here I can post if new ones come up. The more tourneys entrants the better.

Unless I screwed upon my phone below should be the link for the new GOW forums at Black Tusk studios who are making the next gen Gears.
https://forums.gearsofwar.com/forumdisplay.php?7-General-Discussions
im always up to play gears bro