What's new

Gay Marriage Now Legal In ALL 50 States!

I have mixed feelings about this, for the first time in a long time I'm proud of my country for showing some common sense and taking a huge step forward in the direction of acceptance and tolerance. A huge victory for the LGBT community.

On the other hand there's really nothing stopping them from showcasing the full extent of their powers and causing even more natural disasters and speeding up the progression of climate change now that they have some protection in the eyes of the gubment. Double edged sword I guess.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Don't worry guys, Texas politicians are already lining up to defend our "religious liberties". I am so proud to live in such a state that will fight for our religious freedoms...until the government tries to cut their funding :DOGE

The only thing better than the decision is getting to watch fundamentalists freak out about it.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Don't worry guys, Texas politicians are already lining up to defend our "religious liberties". I am so proud to live in such a state that will fight for our religious freedoms...until the government tries to cut their funding :DOGE

The only thing better than the decision is getting to watch fundamentalists freak out about it.
Texas never disapoints does it?

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Congrats LGBT community!

Man, it's gonna be cool 50 years from now to say that we remember the day it became legal. Historic.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
Why are you so happy? How did gays not able to get married in the past afected you? There are way worse situations than 2 men/women not being able to get married ffs people

dph1990

Noob
Why are you so happy? How did gays not able to get married in the past afected you? There are way worse situations than 2 men/women not being able to get married ffs people
It's a monumental step forward for human rights, and that's something everybody should be happy about. What an immature post.

haketh

Noob
This is very important & a great first step, now all we need is Obama to continue the things he's doing with Transgender rights & get all states that allow people of LGBT orientation to be fired for not being closeted to revoke those laws.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
im really happy, actually shocked there are only 200 or so views... apparently people are worried what others think of them.
i have many friends in vegas that are absolutely gay and lesbian, and it hurt them very much that they wernt accepted as couples in peoples hearts and eyes. its a shame its that way.

i had very mixed feelings about this because i was homophobic when i grew up as a child because of my families religion and their views. now that i got a lot older i have grown to realize that a book that speaks of love and kindness to others but shuns people who are not exactlely like them didnt really sit well with me. i believe in nothing but treating others with respect, and i can't do that with hate, blinded by ideals.

through my life i have found that out of most of my friends the only ones that stuck and where truly there for me or actually understood me for who i was, happend to be gay/Lesbian.

Can i be straight and still want freedom for those who are not? apparently not in the US!

Can i do this without religious prejudice? not a chance!

What the hell is wrong with the world? why cant people accept love? has this stigma/taboo ways of thinking been pounded into into everyones childhood?

i for one accept and support the Gay Lesbian Bi and Transgender communities.

Congratulation's to all, still can't believe it happened, i didn't have this much faith in America

MadeOfMetal

since this tread went a little cold, i thought i would share some of my favorite known gay bands/artists!

Negative-After all- all members openly gay

Him- enjoy the silence
guitarist and bassist openly bisexual

Red hot chili Peppers-Soul to squeeze - singer openly bi

A perfect circle and Tool- singer is openly bi and supports LGBT community

Tool-Stinkfist- singer MJK said this song was about the struggles of being bi,a heroin addict, and going through a hard relationship!

'In my opinion, it takes much more courage to live without a God than to live with one.'
That is very true. I attended a school that has a very large Christian population. I have morals, are all for equal rights, gay rights, etc. I am constantly looked down upon because I have my Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, Pink Floyd, Rage Against The Machine, Red hot Chili Peppers, HIM, etc. If you're shirt doesn't say One Direction, Justin Beiber, or KJ-52, you're not welcome. Luckily, Maynard came along, made some badass music, and made me feel like a human for once. Thank you, Maynard.
read below before getting offended: A Perfect Circle: Judith
Judith was Maynard James Keenan's mother's name. She was a very religious person. One day she had a stroke that left her in a wheelchair partially paralyzed. This stroke only strengthened her belief in God - something that Maynard found to be pretty ironic. The lyrics in this song reflect how he felt about the whole situation - "It's not like you killed someone, It's not like you drove a spiteful spear into his side, You praise the one who left you broken down and paralyzed." He's saying that his mother was a good person who believed in God and yet this is how she was "thanked."

i hope everyone enjoys this post. at least a song and maybe one of those artists you may not have known were with you:)

Last edited:

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
im really happy, actually shocked there are only 200 or so views... apparently people are worried what others think of them.
i have many friends in vegas that are absolutely gay and lesbian, and it hurt them very much that they wernt accepted as couples in peoples hearts and eyes. its a shame its that way.

i had very mixed feelings about this because i was homophobic when i grew up as a child because of my families religion and their views. now that i got a lot older i have grown to realize that a book that speaks of love and kindness to others but shuns people who are not exactlely like them didnt really sit well with me. i believe in nothing but treating others with respect, and i can't do that with hate, blinded by ideals.

through my life i have found that out of most of my friends the only ones that stuck and where truly there for me or actually understood me for who i was, happend to be gay/Lesbian.

Can i be straight and still want freedom for those who are not? apparently not in the US!

Can i do this without religious prejudice? not a chance!

What the hell is wrong with the world? why cant people accept love? has this stigma/taboo ways of thinking been pounded into into everyones childhood?

i for one accept and support the Gay Lesbian Bi and Transgender communities.

Congratulation's to all, still can't believe it happened, i didn't have this much faith in America
Thank you, i didnt spot any lies :coffee:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thank you for your posts. But just wanted to reply to this to explain why. Stuff posted in the Off-Topic Forum don't show up on the recent posts feed. We curbed that because a while ago, this forum was getting more attention than it should, instead of people talking MK etc. There is plenty more LGBT members here, even more in the MK community, but they either aren't active, haven't seen this or just don't want to put certain parts of their public life on a forum like this, which i totally understand.

I'm not a member of LGBT but I am an avid allie & supporter. Equal rights to every human being no matter their skin color, sex, orientation, birthplace or ethnic background. I'm an atheist, or actually a polyatheist. I don't believe in any of those fairytales and believe religion is a poison to society.

MadeOfMetal

Thank you for your posts. But just wanted to reply to this to explain why. Stuff posted in the Off-Topic Forum don't show up on the recent posts feed. We curbed that because a while ago, this forum was getting more attention than it should, instead of people talking MK etc. There is plenty more LGBT members here, even more in the MK community, but they either aren't active, haven't seen this or just don't want to put certain parts of their public life on a forum like this, which i totally understand.

I'm not a member of LGBT but I am an avid allie & supporter. Equal rights to every human being no matter their skin color, sex, orientation, birthplace or ethnic background. I'm an atheist, or actually a polyatheist. I don't believe in any of those fairytales and believe religion is a poison to society.
im glad you are tim some of them need people like you me and zoidberg

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member

You're also the baddest mod <3