What's new

Gamescom 2014 Interview with Ed Boon from IGN

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
This morning, an article regarding an interview with NRS's Ed Boon at Gamescom 2014 has surfaced at IGN.com. Throughout this discussion, the interviewer bombards Mr. Boon with queries about how exactly the story mode in Mortal Kombat X will play out, while also discussing guest characters including console-specifics that NRS apparently has plans to release. By now, you are aware of how time jumps will occur here and there in the storyline, but Boon manages to drop some bombs that will leave smoke billowing through your minds. Check out the article below and leave your thoughts!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-ed-boon-talks-mortal-kombat-x-story-mode-characters-and-guests

Source: IGN.com

- article edited and promoted by AK RM Blake

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still worried about sooo many new characters. That's a lot of time and creativity they need to come up with! I believe in you guys tho NRS!

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
"So yeah, a lot of old faces won't make the roster"

IT BURNNNNNS!

Edit: Oh but he did say they could be brought in through DLC. Ok heart attack averted.

cyke_out

Noob
Soul calibur 4 did it decently, they eventually released the two console specific characters on the other console after a few months since the game was released thus making those characters tournament legal.

However if the characters are dedicated console IP's like kratos on a sony and mastercheif on Microsoft then forget that idea of ever happening.

So my best hope is that Microsoft gets say reptile and sony gets smoke and then a few months later they are released as paid dlc. No wasted slots and everyone is happy eventually.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Man, this article has me hype. I wish they could make the console exclusive fighters just timed exclusives so we could end up with the same roster on all platforms eventually...Then we could have a great shot at including them in the tournament field.

mkkevin

Noob
At least we know a little bit more... And somehow I knew that D'Vorah had something to do with Kotal, they just seem together. Based on the twist that Ed Boon mentions, maybe Bug Lady got tired of being Kotal's bitch and killed him. As for some old faces not coming back, I REALLY hope Mileena comes back. Did I mention that I want Mileena to fuck up Kotal? Yes? Ok.

I really hope that NRS decides to "accidentally" leave the console exclusive characters in the PC version for us to find and hack back in to use.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i cant be the only one thinking console specific characters translates to sweet tooth on PS and nothing on the xbox, can i?
sucks because whatever char they are its a wasted slot cause it wont be able to be used in tournies which a bit crud.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
i don't care about console exclusive chars... it's a have to do marketing ploy.
Agreed. NRS cannot be only thinking about the tournament scene when it comes to developing and releasing the game. They still have to sell the game to the general public, too.

And this practice has been something done in other fighters for almost the past decade now.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Agreed. NRS cannot be only thinking about the tournament scene when it comes to developing and releasing the game. They still have to sell the game to the general public, too.

And this practice has been something done in other fighters for almost the past decade now.
Even longer than a decade!

I don't understand the morons that complain saying that they want the FGC to grow, yet then complain at any sign of NRS attempting to make the game appealing to those who aren't already fans. The ignorance is absolutely mind blowing