What's new

Match Footage - Displacer Gameplay Sample with Raiden's Displacer Variation by TendouTensei

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Dr Jackal from the Finish Him community has just imported another display of MKX gameplay with Raiden...in particular, his Displacer variation which specializes in mobility through the use of his teleport. In the video, TendouTensei demonstrates the ups and downs of this variation in an exhibition match with Albritz's Cassie Cage. Check out the gameplay sample, then feel free to give your evaluations!

- credits to @Dr Jackal

- post edited by RM GamerBlake

"First of all I decided to choose the Displacer variation which seems to allow more gameplay possibilities for Raiden, this variation seems to be pretty interesting and I couldn't imagine a Raiden without his teleportation, do you?"

"Others matchs will follow, as you can see I don't master him yet but I feel very confident of his capabilities ! I am quite sure that a lot of creative combos can be find. He is not so easy to handle because the timing in the combos seems to be quite strict.

Well enjoy! I played vs Cassie Cage with our friend Albritz from finish him too.
If you have any questions about the displacer mode, feel free to ask me!

More information here, sorry it's in French and I am too lazy to translate. :D"

@STORMS
@RM GamerBlake

Thx guys, more Raiden gameplay is coming! ;)

Last edited:
Holy shit. The depth of this stage+Raidens outfit with the lightning around him is beautifull.

Also thanks for using all these different characters in your video's!

I just noticed more detail. Look at how clean Raiden's costume is in round 1 and in round 2 it's really muddy. That's awesome.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yeah. teleport, blockstring, teleport, blockstring, combo, teleport lol. still looks pretty fast. i like the new animation for his teleport. bust those balls, cassie!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Raiden is a true boss in this variation. Netcode better be great or I'm gonna be salty playing against a teleport happy mofo.
To me the Raiden teleport in MKX is a bit weaker than MK9, but I may be mistaken.

There are 4 tp just like Zatanna (dub, duf, du, dud).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Early guesses:

-AA looks solid (especially combined with the fact that the jumps are very floaty this time around). Looks like the old MK9 style with normals working as viable AA.

-The pokes look very solid and MK9-ish; curious to see what the frame data will end up to be (hopefully more evenly-distributed this time, as that would go a long ways toward bringing parity in the neutral game for more of the cast)

-Playing SF-style footsies looks like it will be a lot of fun in this game (although with that style, it will be an adjustment having to press the button instead of back to block). But not everyone's used to using Run to close distance yet, so I'm curious to see how that interacts with the footsie game.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
haha zoning players are going to love Raiden's displacer haha I know I will.

Few things I noticed, beautiful reflections.

Raiden's combos look tough to time.

Cassies recovery on her guns are fucking insane...@ 2:24 she shoots Raiden tp's and she's safe....

Pokes still seem to stop Raiden's tp in his tracks(or at least Cassie's)

Raiden's superman on block recovers faster but still punishable.

Last edited:
Yeah ! This mode is very solid, but need to have a lot of training. Raiden is slow, but his TP give him the possibility to be fast.

But shame the combo in the trailer was not a real combo ( 214 tp ; f3 b4 TP and so on... Or i was to slow during the execution but i feel sceptic

for your information f3 b4 (kick + overhead kick) was not in the basic list.

Thanks Saja, we re also uploading an other video, hope you will all appreciate it, but be indulgent it´s my first hour with Thundergod^_^

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
From the SaJa video,

Raiden can NJP Quan's teleport stomp move(at least in the corner)

QC also is safe when Raiden tped behind him as he shot his fireball. Looks like most characters will be, guess they slowed down the start up frames for it cause same thing happened in Cassie vid or they sped up recovery frames on projectiles. Maybe both?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm so happy that superman only does 5% damage now.

Fuck that move.

Also, damn that displacer is sexy in action, and that breaker was pretty cool too.

Yes @MKF30, NJP is a good arm against quan chi's teleport, but we have to mind it. Easier when we re in a corner you right.

@Pterodactyl : damages are not well fixed in this beta, you just have to look at cassie ´s uppercut to understand ^^