What's new

GameInformer MKX Spot Touches On Character Scaling - Analysis

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
In the April 2015 issue of GameInformer, they have pages 60 and 61 dedicated to MKX. While both of these pages are covered with in game stills, they do have a few paragraphs mostly touching on new additions to the Mortal Kombat series - new characters, interactables, variations, etc. Along with these new additions, they also touched on character scaling.

Snippet from paragraph 3:
One of the new fighters, Ferra/Torr, showcases the new character scaling being introduced. "You'll notice in previous Mortal Kombats, there hasn't really been a difference in scale in character size," says designer Derek Kirtzic. "it's not until we started doing Injustice that we started bringing in large-scale characters like Bane and Doomsday. With MK, we wanted to start bringing in some of that as well. So you'll notice that Goro is very large in comparison to normal characters, and Ferra/Torr is pretty large in scale."

Since they are specifically bringing up character scaling, it is obvious Jason Voorhees will be larger scale. Probably equal to Ferra/Torr in terms of height. And the way Derek says "you'll notice that Goro is very large in comparison to normal characters" make it almost seem like Goro is Hugo of the Street Fighter series (without the goofy hair...better yet, WITH the goofy hair).

With this article specifically pointing out character scaling is it fair to say that, at least, one of the yet-to-be-revealed characters will utilize this character scaling in a way that Ferra/Torr uses it? I believe so. A new character to the series, maybe. Hell, even one of the bigs in past Mortal Kombat games could potentially work.

Let me know you guys' thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
It sounds more like that Ferra/Torr is larger than Goro how he phrased it.

Also it would make sense since Torr looks larger than Goro in the comic.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I disagree.

If someone told me the truck was pretty big, I'd think of a Nissan Titan or the like.
If someone told me the truck was very big, I'd think of a monster truck lol
True. A monster truck is pretty big :DOGE

Well we gonna see. Both gonna be big that matters.

The difference will be not that big anyway to argue about this now.

this article specifically pointing out character scaling is it fair to say that, at least, one of the yet-to-be-revealed characters will utilize this character scaling in a way that Ferra/Torr uses it? I believe so. A new character to the series, maybe. Hell, even one of the bigs in past Mortal Kombat games could potentially work.

Let me know you guys' thoughts.
Well then prepare to be disappointed.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I have been curious about hitboxes ever since seeing Ermac floating. Big ass hitboxes are awesome for zoners xD

This is gonna be great.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
How about Galactus for DLC? THAT would require some serious scaling, as even Goro would be the size of a mitochondria compared to that large bastard.