G4Tv Speculates "Friendships" in PS Vita Mortal Kombat 9

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Mar 2, 2012.

• by STORMS, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    G4Tv's Donell Tucker got his hands on the Playstation Vita version of Mortal Kombat 9 and put some words together for us. First off, he comments in his article about some of the basic exclusives being the touch-screen X-ray attack, touch-screen Fatals, etc. Donell also mentions some somewhat spicy detail that is only a speculation at this point, but he tells us,
    What do you think?
    Read the article in full and watch the video here: http://www.g4tv.com/games/psv/65867...mbat-vita-hands-on-impressions-mobile-kombat/
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Killphil
    Read the article this morning.I think its pure speculation. A lot of G4 stuff is sensationalist anyway. Even if these are in the game, I'm not dropping $300+ for a new console/game.
  2. ChuckFiasco
    ^This^
  3. TrickyLizard
    BRUTALITIES and ANIMALITIES are much sicker...
  4. Plop
    Friendships were always my favorite. il buy a vita just for them
  5. Killphil
    Someone refresh my memory, was there a condition for friendships in the older games? The condition in this one should be you don't xray your opponent.
  6. STRYKIE
    MK2: Don't punch in the winning round
    UMK3: Don't block in the winning round
    As you can see, same requirements as babalities.

You mean the same amount of money EVERY console will set you back for specific games LOL?!
  7. Phase 3
    I'd rather see the Brutalities or Beastialities return, to be honest.

[​IMG]
    x5iVE_STAR and Tim Static like this.
  8. Tim Static
    Would make sense for the mo-cap they were working on, but i really really doubt it.
  9. DownfouralitY
    I agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
  10. Killphil
    Thats the thing though. I don't buy a console for ONE game. I'm already not a big handheld guy(although that new resident evil game was amazing), I got a ps3 and my library is more than one game. There would have to be more that I'd be interested in to justify the purchase, regardless if friendships/costumes are in the vita version of mk.
  11. Tim Static
    Uncharted on the go got me. I do hope there is more FG's that come out, but most of the 2d fighters i dl'd for my old PSP will work, so this is perfect for me.

plus with kids, Dr Appts, etc etc. Mario Kart 7 will eventually become boring, eventually. someday. maybe.

Who knows. :)
    Killphil likes this.
  12. STRYKIE
    And the Vita specific challenge tower, another among undisclosed exclusive features. You might aswell just admit that you want the costumes on the console version (I'm not entirely sure where this sense of entitlement has come from considering this is a practice NRS has followed for years), and if it makes you feel any better, MKKE got cracked and code was found for MK2 Mileena, so yeah..
  13. Wemfs
    Friendships were always the best. They were funny as hell lol
    Mikemetroid and IniquityDM like this.
  14. Dr Jackal
    I really miss the friendship in MK9 :(
  15. TomlulsBrady
    wish they would give an exact date already.
  16. BDMao88
    I guarantee it's just some stupid crap in the crypt like freddy renders.
  17. Mt. Mutombo
    Babalities in this game are kind of a mixed of both...
  18. Angel Oleander
    That's what I thought.
    It's not like back in the day when the screen went POOF and you were a baby.
    Now, you get the best of both worlds, humorous and infantile.

I still want the Smoke Exploding Reverse Baby back.
  19. BehindTheLight
    It would be horrible if the Vita came out with new stuff and NRS didn't give it to the console people too....that would be a slap in the face.