What's new

G4S Claude VonStroke Won Mortal Kombat 9 at Red Bank Rumble With a Woolay Show Grand Finals

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Although Red Bank Rumble was some weeks ago, the results of the tournament passed quietly with little fanfare. But there was an interesting twist at the end of the Mortal Kombat tournament; both of the participants in Grand Finals were hosts of MK9's The Woolay Show. Rising Mortal Kombat 9 star Claude VonStroke ultimately defeated his co-host Pherleece, beginning his quest for Johnny Cage supremacy of the world.

Claude notched an impressive victory over the former Cage of the World, Mikemetroid, at this weekend's inaugural "When Worlds Collide" event in Long Island. At this point, many people are asking themselves -- is there anyone who can stop him?

Recently, Claude stated on his Twitter:

"I may not even play this game in 2015 -- I think I've already accomplished all that needs to be done. Johnny Cage isn't even that good of a character".

If you'd like to have a shot at dethroning the new undisputed King of the Cage, make your way down to the next event at Blu Planet Comics on February 15 and join in on the fun. Follow @RapZiLLa54 for more information.

Disclaimer:
Kappa

Attachments

Last edited:

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Yay! Props for @G4S Claude VonStroke. Great job man, keep not playing Injustice and winning? I don't know what to say here actually... Any tourney you enter is still supporting the scene so I appreciate it personally
i know some people say if you don't play the game to not enter tournaments... but I feel like I should still support the game and the scene even if I don't like it lol

davidovitch

In Europe!
There are still people that don't know you can d1 out of JC's enhanced forceball pressure? (not talking about the players, I think I saw Quan Chi try it, but about the commentators).

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
There are still people that don't know you can d1 out of JC's enhanced forceball pressure? (not talking about the players, I think I saw Quan Chi try it, but about the commentators).
EX Fb's are +5 on block and f3 is 9 frames start up. 9 - 5 = 4 and the fastest d1 is 6 frames meaning it's literally impossible to d1 out of the EX FB's unless the player messes up or you are playing in lag. Also the commentators don't even play MK so they don't really know whats going on lol But yeah you can't poke out of it, you have to respect it at least offline or you will just get nutpnuched into another reset.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
EX Fb's are +5 on block and f3 is 9 frames start up. 9 - 5 = 4 and the fastest d1 is 6 frames meaning it's literally impossible to d1 out of the EX FB's unless the player messes up or you are playing in lag. Also the commentators don't even play MK so they don't really know whats going on lol But yeah you can't poke out of it, you have to respect it at least offline or you will just get nutpnuched into another reset.
I think he meant, if crouching.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
If you expect the enhanced forceball to come out, duck. You'll block the first forceball, then let go of block and the second one will pass over your head giving you a small chance to poke out. Might not work for Sheeva but most other characters can do it.
See I thought you meant if you do it while jailed. Misunderstanding.

davidovitch

In Europe!
See I thought you meant if you do it while jailed. Misunderstanding.
I'm not sure being jailed in stand block even matters. If you are stand-blocking the f3,3 into enhanced forceball you might still be able to d1 poke out as long as you hold down and block before the first forceball comes out and then let go of block immediately after you block it to do the d1 (which should duck under the second forceball).

But perhaps I'm wrong and it only works if you started out blocking low (from the f3)