What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what you mean. In terms of Mortal Kombat X, the game isn't barely playable, it's completely playable and on par with the console versions as of this typing. The only major platform exclusive issue that I'm aware of at the moment is the poor frame rate in the Klassic Tower endings, which is hardly game breaking or experience ruining.

Many WBIE games have issues at launch, quite true, but they're often ultimately patched up and most major publishers have these sorts of "problems" these days. Bethesda, 2K, EA, Ubisoft, etc. all have had products in recent memory with large launch issues.

There's a reason I barely buy games at launch anymore, as I typically wait for the game to be fixed up first now, and by then it's usually cheaper at retail.
I mean the online is horrible, maybe unplayable was a bad choice. I know that consoles are just as bad, but they're also getting an upgrade while PC is left with shifty netcode. So maybe it's not literally unplayable, but it's a subpar game play experience compared to what other platforms are getting. The game is also "unplayable" in a competitive sense as PC won't be getting the balance update.

Arkham Knight is another example. It was so bad they just took it off steam, I believe they gave refunds for that but I don't think that excuses it. I think it's back on steam so if the game is actually working perfectly please correct me on this.

So the way I see it is that two major WB titles on PC came out in bad condition. One was so bad they just got rid of it, and the other they tried to fix but ultimately gave up on. In my eyes they need to prove themselves before I buy from them again. Maaaybe I'll buy from a grey site if it gets really cheap.

I mean the online is horrible, maybe unplayable was a bad choice. I know that consoles are just as bad, but they're also getting an upgrade while PC is left with shifty netcode. So maybe it's not literally unplayable, but it's a subpar game play experience compared to what other platforms are getting. The game is also "unplayable" in a competitive sense as PC won't be getting the balance update.

Arkham Knight is another example. It was so bad they just took it off steam, I believe they gave refunds for that but I don't think that excuses it. I think it's back on steam so if the game is actually working perfectly please correct me on this.

So the way I see it is that two major WB titles on PC came out in bad condition. One was so bad they just got rid of it, and the other they tried to fix but ultimately gave up on. In my eyes they need to prove themselves before I buy from them again. Maaaybe I'll buy from a grey site if it gets really cheap.
Actually, Mortal Kombat (2011)'s Online was pretty horrible. Mortal Kombat X's delay-based netcode is actually improved over it. If you're playing against someone in your region with a good connection, it's okay. Not great, but not horrible, and no where near Offline. Yes, consoles are getting rollback netcode. As far as I know they haven't deconfirmed it for PC, but it obviously doesn't look good with all the silence.

Batman: Arkham Knight is back on Steam and has been for some time. I'm not sure how it is as I do not own it. A friend of mine says it is fine.

There were other WBIE games prior to these that were poor at launch. XCOM 2 is having serious performance issues for some users now, and so did Fallout 4 (and might still have). It's not just WBIE releasing broken stuff at launch.

Reactions: SPY
There were other WBIE games prior to these that were poor at launch. XCOM 2 is having serious performance issues for some users now, and so did Fallout 4 (and might still have). It's not just WBIE releasing broken stuff at launch.
And I give those companies the same treatment. Meaning I don't buy them until there are significant upgrades to the game. Bethesda games are notoriously buggy at launch so I still haven't bought FO4 (though to be honest I'm not really into those games since Oblivion, I might just pass on it altogether). XCOM Enemy Unknown was pretty buggy on PC too from what I remember, so I'm waiting for the issues to be fixed before I get the new XCOM.

Anyway what I meant to convey with all that nonsense is that I don't think WB games are the only ones that suck on PC, but they ARE the ones that don't try to fix it.

I won't "boycott" a company for having a bad launch (though it is getting ridiculous at this point) as long as they fix their mistakes. WB possibly fixing Arkham Knight was a step in the right direction but they screwed up by abandoning the PC port.

But back to the topic of MKX, I really don't care if PC gets it now with newer games on the horizon like SFV and KI. I don't want to sound like I hate Mortal Kombat now, I love it, but I've spent too much time waiting for WB/NRS to give us some good news and I'm just done.

Edit: Also, sorry if this post makes no sense. I'm tired and on my phone so if it sounds like unintelligible nonsense just ignore me like you would some crazy dude on the street lol.

chris999

Noob
I hate when Im right...
You know what they say, keep the mouths shut and you can get away even with murder. This whole series of events seems tragic and hilarious at the same time. You have WB the publisher who responds to mails implying that NRS decided to exclude PC and doesn't know anything about the future of the game. You have NRS the developer, who after this tweet here, pretends that the PC edition of the game existed only in our imagination. In addition, all of a sudden HVS can't even respond to mails of the type "you still work on this project? they will just say "we are unable to provide any information ... All customer issues, feedback, and questions must go through WB Customer Support....". If they continue like that after the 1st of Match with no content and no explanation/apology, for me it will be one of the biggest fiascoes in gaming history.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You know what they say, keep the mouths shut and you can get away even with murder. This whole series of events seems tragic and hilarious at the same time. You have WB the publisher who responds to mails implying that NRS decided to exclude PC and doesn't know anything about the future of the game. You have NRS the developer, who after this tweet here, pretends that the PC edition of the game existed only in our imagination. In addition, all of a sudden HVS can't even respond to mails of the type "you still work on this project? they will just say "we are unable to provide any information ... All customer issues, feedback, and questions must go through WB Customer Support....". If they continue like that after the 1st of Match with no content and no explanation/apology, for me it will be one of the biggest fiascoes in gaming history.
ye, they trash

Anyway what I meant to convey with all that nonsense is that I don't think WB games are the only ones that suck on PC, but they ARE the ones that don't try to fix it.
No worries, I get what you were trying to say :).

I do disagree with the above though. Batman: Arkham Origins they fixed. I bought it long after launch, but I heard they actually fixed that one in good time.

Mortal Kombat X they released many, many patches and ultimately brought QLOC on and they did indeed fix the game. Every is understandably justified at the lack of new content coming to the PC version, as am I, but they did ultimately provide us with a fully working product on par with the console versions (as Boon said they would). Most of the issues I still see are people trying to run the game on under-powered hardware.

Batman: Arkham Knight is generally still being fixed.

They do fix things, but it takes them longer than most other publishers.

Their ongoing support on PC though, that's a different matter it seems.

Reactions: SPY

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
What is outrageous is WB and also NRS's inability to communicate.
What prevents NRS from commenting somewhat like this: "Look guys. I know you are furious, but please understand that we have been contracted do do Xbox and PS version only. We know nothing about PC version, thus cannot comment on it. Ask WB for details".

And What prevents WB from telling us what's going on. Really truth cannot be that hard to spit out. I don't think world will end if WB and NRS were honest with us. And it would save their faces. I don't get this silence. Even EA would show human face, say they are sorry (even if they are not), try to explain something (even if it lies) - but at least they are making an impression that they somewhat care.

What prevents NRS from commenting somewhat like this: "Look guys. I know you are furious, but please understand that we have been contracted do do Xbox and PS version only. We know nothing about PC version, thus cannot comment on it. Ask WB for details".

And What prevents WB from telling us what's going on. Really truth cannot be that hard to spit out. I don't think world will end if WB and NRS were honest with us. And it would save their faces. I don't get this silence. Even EA would show human face, say they are sorry (even if they are not), try to explain something (even if it lies) - but at least they are making an impression that they somewhat care.
Nope. When NHL15 didn't have EASHL mode on the box people were flipping out over if it would be included or not. Complete silence from EA. It wasn't included and some people had to find out the hard way.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I think that NRS won't talk about it because WB told them not to, I don't think WB wants to officially take the blame, and that's also why WB itself won't talk. it's just like when EA made BioWare finish Mass Effect 3 a year earlier to get them sells money and the game's ending ended up garbage, most people understood that it was EA's doing, but not everyone and I guess EA likes it that way. same goes for WB in this situation.

Last edited:

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Nope. When NHL15 didn't have EASHL mode on the box people were flipping out over if it would be included or not. Complete silence from EA. It wasn't included and some people had to find out the hard way.
http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/09/ea-apologizes-for-simcity-disaster-says-it-was-dumb-and-offers-free-game-to-players/
http://kotaku.com/ea-ceo-wilson-dungeon-keeper-mobile-was-a-shame-1597689888

Simple search for google found more results but I think this shows what I'm thinking about - communication. And this all comes from publisher who was twice nominated the worst company, so I'd not be surprised if EA (not WB) committed more NHL15 situations. If you were considered the worst, the worst is expected from you.

WB until now did not have such bad rep. They apologized for obvious fiasco that Batman was. And that's it. They keep ignoring MKX owners on PC. At this point they could really get some lessons from EA.

We all know why they ignore the PC and we know that the PC version is dead, but I would really like some explanation, excuse or whatever BS they can come up with just to get some closure and forget this game forever.

"We apologize, but the current player base for MKX doesn't justify the money investment in a third party studio to port the KP2 and MKXL. Here's 10k coins for the krypt as compensation... kappa."

Idk, just give us something.

This whole incident is unbearable, it`s an insult to whole PC MKX users. It`s below dignity that we are craving for things we should get without a word. They really treat us like garbage.

I am not big SF fan but I hope SF5 will destroy MKX sales, especially on PC. At this point, I only want to see WB suffer.

Absolutely the communication is very poor. For NRS though, you all need to remember they are not contracted to do anything, they are told to because they are owned by WBIE. HVS and QLOC were contracted by comparison to do the PC version.

WBIE is the one that should be communicating about this.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Honestly, I think that would happen regardless given how much bigger the franchise is.
That may actually not happen. While SF is big on competitive scene, not so much on casual. While MK is way more popular among casuals. We will see but i doubt it will match MK numbers. Casuals make the numbers.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
We all know why they ignore the PC and we know that the PC version is dead, but I would really like some explanation, excuse or whatever BS they can come up with just to get some closure and forget this game forever.
No we don't, it makes no sense even from a business perspective, I thought it was widely agreed that we have no idea why they are doing it :S

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I see your point. Let's hope that after 3 weeks of all this disappointment and anger expressed by the PC community and many others gamers, they will show some dignity and tell something about the pc edition of the game, but to be honest I seriously doubt it too.
Gonna be real here. As much as I want the new online code & kp2 I really doubt we will get it. I say we still fight post shit and do our thing as I don't accept giving up.

@tylerlansdown @16 Bit @colt can u guys at least advise the pc community if we at least will get balance patches. Or is all mkx support dropped on pc. We really deserve an answer as customers. If u have to ask WB can u reply please do so.... I ask because I seen kp2 is not pc bound but no one has said will balance patches hit pc.

Edit: WB needs to know they are hurting mkx by not replying. I don't care who decided to drop support but we need answers imo

chris999

Noob
Gonna be real here. As much as I want the new online code & kp2 I really doubt we will get it. I say we still fight post shit and do our thing as I don't accept giving up.

@tylerlansdown @16 Bit @colt can u guys at least advise the pc community if we at least will get balance patches. Or is all mkx support dropped on pc. We really deserve an answer as customers. If u have to ask WB can u reply please do so.... I ask because I seen kp2 is not pc bound but no one has said will balance patches hit pc.

Edit: WB needs to know they are hurting mkx by not replying. I don't care who decided to drop support but we need answers imo
Of course, new netcode and balance patches are also important, mainly for tournament players, or players who just want to play the game on a competitive level going head to head with console players. The real problem is that they will not answer to this question too.

I believe too that giving up should not be an option. We owe that to MK series, at least we care about the game, on the contrary some other people, who earn good money working for it, abuse its reputation for the last month.

If after 1st of March the worst case scenario comes true, there are some things we can do. Right now a team of fans is working on a fan-created kombat pack that includes rain, baraka, sindel, and corrupted shinock. If we are able to organize ourselves and contribute to their effort, it could be possible to get kp2 characters to pc. I know that it may seems extremely difficult, but if QLOC did that with kp1, why a talented team of programmers can't do that for kp2?

Status
Not open for further replies.