• FULGORE

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • SEKTOR

Votes: 55 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
nuh uh, don't you know sektor loses to buzzsaw? fulgore wouldn't lose to buzzsaw
I'm usually the voice of reason when it comes to misinformation about Sektor's matchups and I was one of the first to call bullshit on Sektor beating Kabal during the Sektor community blow-up era, but in a pure projectile war, Sektor has the edge, any missile will still trade with the saw and there's more opportunities for Sektor to get chip/frame traps than Kabal does.

Also for what it's worth, I think I might have figured out a few ways to punish the saw with a full combo despite TU whiffing, but they're rather sketchy and I currently don't have an offline scene to test them with.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I'm usually the voice of reason when it comes to misinformation about Sektor's matchups and I was one of the first to call bullshit on Sektor beating Kabal during the Sektor community blow-up era, but in a pure projectile war, Sektor has the edge, any missile will still trade with the saw and there's more opportunities for Sektor to get chip/frame traps than Kabal does.

Also for what it's worth, I think I might have figured out a few ways to punish the saw with a full combo despite TU whiffing, but they're rather sketchy and I currently don't have an offline scene to test them with.
I wouldn't say Sektor ever "outzoned" Kabal. Yeah, you can get a little bit of zoning momentum the second you got a missile in due to the knockdown. But the sheer speed of his projectiles and how frequently he could shoot them compared to you just made it unlikely you'd be zoning for long.

Plus, the second he had at least one bar, GG, can't zone no more.

STRYKIE

I wouldn't say Sektor ever "outzoned" Kabal. Yeah, you can get a little bit of zoning momentum the second you got a missile in due to the knockdown. But the sheer speed of his projectiles and how frequently he could shoot them compared to you just made it unlikely you'd be zoning for long.

Plus, the second he had at least one bar, GG, can't zone no more.
It's still a read on the Kabal's players part due to the categorically limited armored frames on EX Nomad Dash (it's not like Skarlet's EX Red Dash where it's completely juiced in armor throughout the duration with several safe options). If you're doing something where he can do it on reaction, it's essentially the Sektor's players fault. Likewise when the Kabal player is getting too IAGB-happy when Sektor has enough meter in the tank for an EX IATU.

Again, it's still Kabal's game and I wish that ground saw would die in a fire, but I wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't confident in my new ideas (although I have to admit some of them may be Human Sektor-specific lol), if we crack out MK again at a future casuals session, I'll demonstrate.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

It's still a read on the Kabal's players part due to the categorically limited armored frames on EX Nomad Dash (it's not like Skarlet's EX Red Dash where it's completely juiced in armor throughout the duration with several safe options). If you're doing something where he can do it on reaction, it's essentially the Sektor's players fault. Likewise when the Kabal player is getting too IAGB-happy when Sektor has enough meter in the tank for an EX IATU.

Again, it's still Kabal's game and I wish that ground saw would die in a fire, but I wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't confident in my new ideas (although I have to admit some of them may be Human Sektor-specific lol), if we crack out MK again at a future casuals session, I'll demonstrate.
Sure thing, but you're wrong about the Sektor player being at fault if he gets hit by EX nomad dash. That shits easy to react to and eliminates missiles completely.

STRYKIE

Sure thing, but you're wrong about the Sektor player being at fault if he gets hit by EX nomad dash. That shits easy to react to and eliminates missiles completely.
It's not that the missile isn't hard to react to, it's the armor on the nomad dash itself, by the time the missile is in proximity where the armored frames would override it, Sektor will have recovered by the time the active frames of the nomad dash reaches him. Any further out, the armor wears off and Kabal would get stuffed by the missile, any closer, it would have to be done on a read, unless you're playing the matchup like M2Dave and spamming them within sweep distance.

Not saying you won't ever get EX nomad dash'd in the matchup, but under the circumstances, it's a little overkill to say it's matchup-determinant IMO.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

It's not that the missile isn't hard to react to, it's the armor on the nomad dash itself, by the time the missile is in proximity where the armored frames would override it, Sektor will have recovered by the time the active frames of the nomad dash reaches him. Any further out, the armor wears off and Kabal would get stuffed by the missile, any closer, it would have to be done on a read, unless you're playing the matchup like M2Dave and spamming them within sweep distance.

Not saying you won't ever get EX nomad dash'd in the matchup, but under the circumstances, it's a little overkill to say it's matchup-determinant IMO.
It isn't matchup determinant???????

What Kabals have you been playing? haha :p

STRYKIE

It isn't matchup determinant???????

What Kabals have you been playing? haha :p
If it was then Scorpion would beat Sektor via EX Spear, and I think we both know that's not true lol.

Our Kabal matchup experience has always been sub-standard dude, but I will say this, now that I have a Saturn-style controller (at least one that works on PS3), I've been able to explore some of Kabal's more execution heavy tools and I've noticed a lot of misinformation, it's just that since we don't play MK anymore it's not something I would go out of my way to preach.

PND_Ketchup

If it was then Scorpion would beat Sektor via EX Spear, and I think we both know that's not true lol.

Our Kabal matchup experience has always been sub-standard dude, but I will say this, now that I have a Saturn-style controller (at least one that works on PS3), I've been able to explore some of Kabal's more execution heavy tools and I've noticed a lot of misinformation, it's just that since we don't play MK anymore it's not something I would go out of my way to preach.
You would rarely be the fullest of fullscreen against Kabal, which is the range EX dash won't hit.

You don't need the worlds best Kabal to judge that EX Das was able to take missiles out of the equation, especially considering how much of a zoning heavy Sektor I used to play in the first place. You're right though, it's had its time so it's kinda pointless debating it now haha.

STRYKIE

You would rarely be the fullest of fullscreen against Kabal, which is the range EX dash won't hit.

You don't need the worlds best Kabal to judge that EX Das was able to take missiles out of the equation, especially considering how much of a zoning heavy Sektor I used to play in the first place. You're right though, it's had its time so it's kinda pointless debating it now haha.
*heavy Serbian accent* Well then maybe you should play a hybrid Sektor, fool. J/K.

I've seen it botch against a bunch of things at plenty of distances, even physical attacks like Cage's flipkick, Shang's D3 and I shit you not when I say Cyrax's command grab too. Part of it could be MK being MK, but what I'm saying is, it's not like a failsafe mechanism that totally plows through any move of your opponents choosing.

But I concur, unless the opportunity shows itself when we next cross paths, lets leave it at this for now. :p

GhosT

Noob
Seeing as Sektor is a kounter zoner and Fulgore is a zoner, I don't see Sektor losing.

If we're looking outside of just gameplay, Sektor also has quite the arsenal of technology through the many iterations of Mortal Kombat.
He would lose imo gameplay wise, since fulgore is just better as far as both games go with their skillset. Throw that away and sektor easily wins this death battle due to popularity etc.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
He would lose imo gameplay wise, since fulgore is just better as far as both games go with their skillset. Throw that away and sektor easily wins this death battle due to popularity etc.
Admittedly I don't know much about Fulgore since I only played KI for like the first two weeks. The gameplay is different in both games (MK9 and KI).. Sektor dash kancelling his way around and instant airing the slow (KI) projectiles would make him good but in a game where krouch attacks lead to full kombos he would lose his best defense, the 6 frame jab. Still he has a good B3 that krushes lows in spacing and Fulgore's big hitbox would make it so B34 wouldn't wiff. And don't forget, he also has good footsie tools like B1, B2, F2, and Flamethrower. Also note, that pushback isn't as significant on Sektor's normals so he kan remain neutral while spacing aggressively.

Sektor from MK9 isn't a bad character, it's just that there are more broken characters in MK that outshine him.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't think they go off of frame data, otherwise the sonic - Mario would've gone different due to smash bros.

They'll probably have Sektor winning. They already had a KI character win once.

GhosT

Noob
Admittedly I don't know much about Fulgore since I only played KI for like the first two weeks. The gameplay is different in both games (MK9 and KI).. Sektor dash kancelling his way around and instant airing the slow (KI) projectiles would make him good but in a game where krouch attacks lead to full kombos he would lose his best defense, the 6 frame jab. Still he has a good B3 that krushes lows in spacing and Fulgore's big hitbox would make it so B34 wouldn't wiff. And don't forget, he also has good footsie tools like B1, B2, F2, and Flamethrower. Also note, that pushback isn't as significant on Sektor's normals so he kan remain neutral while spacing aggressively.

Sektor from MK9 isn't a bad character, it's just that there are more broken characters in MK that outshine him.
in Ki 6 frames is an average normal, he has some 4 frame normal. and fulgore is far more mobile than sektor, but wouldnt really be able to fireball true, since sektors teleport, with that said he would be pretty easy to pin down with frame traps that depending which games mechanics you choose would be that much harder for sektor.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
in Ki 6 frames is an average normal, he has some 4 frame normal. and fulgore is far more mobile than sektor, but wouldnt really be able to fireball true, since sektors teleport, with that said he would be pretty easy to pin down with frame traps that depending which games mechanics you choose would be that much harder for sektor.
Yeah, just remember that Sektor kan backdash kancel to mess up spacing. (Then again, from what I remember in KI, characters don't need to be as on point with their spacing. #JagoFlyingGrayson)

There's many other variables too, like how KI attacks are breakable with no meter while MK9 attacks are not. So damage changes.. Don't know about Fulgore in KI but Sektor gets high damage too.

As much as I would like to see sektor take this, I feel he is gonna get screwed, remember guys, Fulgore always has a combo breaker, while sektor requires 2 bars of meter to break combos, he won't be able to get anything started lol.