What's new

For Those Who Pre-Ordered MKX Through PSN

E

Eldriken

I was going through my e-mails when I noticed something about the one I got from Sony confirming my pre-order for MKX through PSN on the PS4. It seems that we will be able to play it two hours earlier than its actual release date. I know this may not seem like a big deal to some, but the earlier the better, y'know? It's also to let folks know just in case they already didn't and pre-ordered digitally.

I fully intended on going to the midnight launch, but I didn't want to have to wait there in line for however long and then drive all the way home. So, I figured I would just pre-order it and play it right at midnight.

Now, I could be entirely wrong as it doesn't state what the timezone is, but I would assume it uses the timezone that you used for your registration and all that jazz.

Either way, I look forward to playing those of you who are getting this on PS4, especially if it's a little ahead of schedule. Y'know, give us some time to get a bit of practice in before going online and kicking some ass. =O

Here's the e-mail below.

Edit: @BecomingDeath13 just pointed this out: It might be worth noting that when I preordered the premium yesterday on psn it told me download starts on the 12th. So just leave your consoles in rest mode on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Huh, that makes me want to buy it from the PS store. Should I? :O

My internet isn't great anymore, so would I be downloading it a couple of days before?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Steam says it will be (approximately) available on April 14th around 6 PM, my time I'm assuming.

I don't think everyone will get to play it at midnight their time, because that would mean people in Australia would play it like a day before people in the US.

E

Eldriken

My internet isn't great anymore, so would I be downloading it a couple of days before?
Yes, you download it in advance. Then, once you're allowed to play, you download an unlock key (it might be done automatically) and boom, you're good to go.

Steam says it will be (approximately) available on April 14th around 6 PM, my time I'm assuming.

I don't think everyone will get to play it at midnight their time, because that would mean people in Australia would play it like a day before people in the US.
That's probably the case. I guess the only way to find out is to ask somebody from another country who's pre-ordered it through PSN what their e-mail says.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Not worth having it chew up 40GB of your resources IMO. Personally I just pre-order physical copies from ShopTo.net. I have an alarming success rate of getting new games arrive a day early.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
When I pre order online I can usually play em at about 8:00pm my time the day before release.

That is on One though, I think it all depends on the time zone you are in, who knows. I have a physical pre ordered too, but Plan to get it digital too, just cause, 4 HOURS EARLY SON!!! Then I can just pick up my Kollectors version the next day :)

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
This is probably a stupid question, so I apologize in advance, but is there any amount of HDD space saved when you use physical disc compared to digital download?

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
side note, I noticed the digital preorder for MKX with the kombat pack (I forget which edition it is) dropped $10 on PSN. I think its $80 now

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I thought about buying digitally, but it's £70 digital, compared to £38 for the exact same game on disc. I don't know why anyone would pay that much. Maybe the prices are better in US, I don't know, but this is a joke.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
This is probably a stupid question, so I apologize in advance, but is there any amount of HDD space saved when you use physical disc compared to digital download?
It takes up the same amount of space. The only deciding factor should be your personal preference. I've been 100% digital this generation (except GTA V cause I got a cheap physical copy) and it has been awesome.

My e-mail from Sony also says it will be available at 10pm. I didn't even notice when I first received it. Thanks for the heads up, @Eldriken!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
When I ordered it said 12 AM ET. Also there's a countdown clock for when I'll be able to play it though I haven't actually calculated whether it ends at 10 PM or 12 AM.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I thought about buying digitally, but it's £70 digital, compared to £38 for the exact same game on disc. I don't know why anyone would pay that much. Maybe the prices are better in US, I don't know, but this is a joke.
Woah!! Really? Screw that, I ain't buying it digitally if it's the same thing but around double the price.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Side not for you all. I just preordered the Premium version this morning and it was marked down from $89.99 to $80.99. Go save yourselves some cash.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Side not for you all. I just preordered the Premium version this morning and it was marked down from $89.99 to $80.99. Go save yourselves some cash.
It's like that until release though, the mark down price lasts until 13/4