What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Let's see some.
I have been told and read that non-fiction is a better route to go, and I think I'm knowledgeable enough to write it, but, I want to write dark fantasies. I go wherever my heart takes me I guess. I'll be picking up pieces of it off the floor in a few months.

@FOREVEREL1TE

Lol. Say whatever you want.
I'm always have the viewpoint of do what you enjoy and write with passion. If dark fantasies are the stories you truly want to write then you should follow that desire :).

Ha. I wasn't planning on deviating any time soon. Who here knows football really well? I need to know if (I've been researching too) any player from the Raiders was injured or removed at any time during one of their superbowl appearances in either 68', 80', 83'?, and not sure if there was another. My plan is to rewrite the events of that person's life. The story will have fantasy elements to it. Crazy fantasy elements.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ha. I wasn't planning on deviating any time soon. Who here knows football really well? I need to know if (I've been researching too) any player from the Raiders was injured or removed at any time during one of their superbowl appearances in either 68', 80', 83'?, and not sure if there was another. My plan is to rewrite the events of that person's life. The story will have fantasy elements to it. Crazy fantasy elements.
Wy not just look up players injured in the super bowl? Any particular reason you are focusing on the raiders.

So i gave my story to someone to read last week. As i predicted, he didn't get too far. I think i'm going to have to write the thing all over again. Said he couldn't connect or see what i was describing. I have hung a noose from the ceiling fan over the kitchen table where i waste my ti, i mean write. if i ever get published, i think people might read the book if money is enclosed. not sure if that'll vn be enough.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So i gave my story to someone to read last week. As i predicted, he didn't get too far. I think i'm going to have to write the thing all over again. Said he couldn't connect or see what i was describing. I have hung a noose from the ceiling fan over the kitchen table where i waste my ti, i mean write. if i ever get published, i think people might read the book if money is enclosed. not sure if that'll vn be enough.
Just keep at it. Maybe ask what exactly made it so hard to follow.

Oh, i'm still at it. Adding 2 more chapters with additional details that handle a lot of questions left unanswered. i'm well over 40,000 words now. i plan on more description in parts of earlier chapters as well. took the noose down too.

D

Deleted member 28105

This is a poem I wrote about The Joker for my Highschool Writer's Craft class. Every linguistic, visual and audible quirk is likely added on purpose, to emphasize the unhinged and erratic nature of this character that we all love so much.

My name is the joker

A man is staring me in the face

He looks kind, gentle, and for once, his sympathy.. Not misplaced

This look is aggravating, It makes me want to seal my eyes with tape

So, I decide to use an ice pick to spatter his brains around the asylum floor

My name is the joker​

A man is staring me in the face

He looks kind, gentle, and for once, his sympathy.. Not misplaced

This look just makes me giddy, for now, my head is rid of hate

So, I decide to spare his life, and let him live and prosper

My name is the joker​

And I rot in Arkham Asylum

I once escaped with an accomplice, locked in a sprint, running right behind him

Two apartment’s gaps were cleared with a mighty leap, I landed on the highland

But my apprehensive coward of a partner didn’t want to jump

So I devised a plan, to give my ally a sure footing

I shone my flashlight across the gap and let him walk athwart the beam

He walked halfway across the gap, and I turned the flashlight off

The beam disappeared beneath his feet, he fell 6 stories to his death

My name is the joker​

And If I weren't crazy, I'd be insane

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the word athwart. had to grab the dictionary. a new chapter in my book has an asylum in it. before that it was a magnificent castle. a king and queen are being tortured in it. they may not even be alive anymore. i'll find out after a 12 pak if they made it or not.

D

Deleted member 28105

i like the word athwart. had to grab the dictionary. a new chapter in my book has an asylum in it. before that it was a magnificent castle. a king and queen are being tortured in it. they may not even be alive anymore. i'll find out after a 12 pak if they made it or not.
Day 2, still trying to decipher this post:coffee:

Had to rewrite some stuff in my shitty book. Still restructuring some stuff. Slowly but surely it's coming together, better than it was before. Crazy how time flies when you're writing. I adjusted stuff and wrote about 2 pages of text. By the time I was through, the end credits of a 2hr+ movie were rolling. Story is up to 44000 words. Wrapping up loose ends and trying to finish. Where are you guys at? Throw some stuff this way so i don't feel alone here. :)

Art

Grave_Intent
Yea I wrote an full fleshed out Fantasy RPG and still trying to get people to play test and get it published. I'm in the process of re-working a few things now, but it's over 200 pages long.

Anybody have a story to astonish us with? i'm still working. getting there. i keep letting people read it. they're giving me good feedback.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I'm still working on my co-authored novel. Just focusing on an initial rewrite of the first draft before we let people read it

ok. good. here's something for you. in an attempt to keep the names of creatures 'otherworldly' i switched the names of two things. bats are now called bazzles and moths were changed to mokks. not sure if this was a good idea or not, but i think people will be able to determine what kinds of things i'm alluding to by my choice of wording. keep working on your stories.

My creature list....
Frizzgars - reptiles with sharp teeth and plants growing off them that are frightened by high pitch sounds.
Jazagga - Bear-like beasts with huge mouths and powerful claws. They have a coat of crystals and fur.
Orbzies - My version of fish. They display stripes of different colors when excited. The original queen kept them as pets until King Mazzura locked her up and exterminated them all.
Prynakinn- Blind animals resembling horses that are considered lucky in the world of Mazzderrazz. They have horns like that of an ibex.
Woop-woops- Fluffy birds that hoot like owls and howl like wolves when upset. They have been known to bombard King Mazzura with large fruits during his rides over to the castle to torment Queen Mydara Xymora.
Bazzles- Bats basically.
Mokks - Moths.

I was bored.

And my character list... (still incomplete/ or not final)
1) Damadians/demonoids - Powerful monsters motivated by dreams to
assimilate worlds for unknown purposes.
2) Blazz Bliss (Banzor Clan)
3) Rybella Bliss
4) Bombyss Bliss
5) Boomyxi Bliss
6) Esmordia Demörtix [Demuertix] (Dzamer Clan)
7) Maxzon Demörtix [Demuertix]
8) King Ramishi Mazzura (Mazdor)
9) Rycho Mazzura
10) Lord Domikkar Kytorakk
11) Lazzlott Zavelor
12) Alanza Lanazadine/aka Lazana
13) Forsha Fush
14) Blush Fush
15) Phorminza Mazzler
16) Zarik Rizzler
17) T'vaix (Ta-vecks) Ottozi
18) Triggan (Trigz) Attrika