What's new

For those of you who are Red Hood fans...

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Thought everybody got used to this shitfest called DLC. Anyway I wouldnt worry, Rocksteady is gonna deliver.
I've accepted it by now. When I do buy a game, it's usually something I really love so I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'll be paying $85 or more for all the content once it's all said and done. If MK9 and Injustice kept releasing new DLC, I'd have happily kept buying it. I play some games enough where it's worth it. Arkham Knight will be one of those games, as well.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I was modding at the same time the DLC craze started.

So it was always upsetting to see developers charge 15 dollars for map packs that groups of modders could ouput faster and for free.

So, yeah. I've never gotten over the rise of DLC.
This one isn't a map pack actually, Rocksteady are actually making story missions for the playable DLC characters too, like they did with Catwoman. :)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Not a fan of the actual hood at all, I prefer the helmet/mask thing... other than that, I haven't been excited for a DLC like this in a long time, bring it on! Plus, I'm sure they'll have a costume where he wears the helmet.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This one isn't a map pack actually, Rocksteady are actually making story missions for the playable DLC characters too, like they did with Catwoman. :)
Exactly.

The Deathstroke DLC was a piece of shit in Origins. I was so disappointed. Who wants to play challenge maps? Sooooo shitty.

I trust in Rocksteady, though. The Catwoman stuff in Arkham City was so fucking badass. I loved it. I also loved playing as Robin in Harley's Revenge, but just wish there was more of it. I'm hoping there's a good amount of Red Hood/Harley play in Arkham Knight.

Man, next year is going to be quite a year for games. All 3 of my favorite series are getting a new installment:

- Mortal Kombat X
- Arkham Knight
- Tekken 7

I hope I don't die or something before they're released.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Exactly.

The Deathstroke DLC was a piece of shit in Origins. I was so disappointed. Who wants to play challenge maps? Sooooo shitty.

I trust in Rocksteady, though. The Catwoman stuff in Arkham City was so fucking badass. I loved it. I also loved playing as Robin in Harley's Revenge, but just wish there was more of it. I'm hoping there's a good amount of Red Hood/Harley play in Arkham Knight.

Man, next year is going to be quite a year for games. All 3 of my favorite series are getting a new installment:

- Mortal Kombat X
- Arkham Knight
- Tekken 7

I hope I don't die or something before they're released.
I disagree completely with the highlighted line.
Challenge maps are great, and I played Deathstroke in challenge maps for many, many hours. I especially enjoy the longer/limitless ones, like 100-to-1 and Iceberg Challenge Lounge, I even have YouTube videos of some high scores of them. I find them very fun and entertaining.. but hey, each to their own. I just hope.. and I think this will be the case.. that Harley and Red Hood are also available to play as in challenge mode.

The rest I agree with.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Exactly.

I kind of agree. Deathstroke himself was lame and simply a cheap copy of Robin from Arkham City, just with a few minor changes here and there. But the challenge maps themselves are freaking addicting imo.

I disagree completely with the highlighted line.
Challenge maps are great, and I played Deathstroke in challenge maps for many, many hours. I especially enjoy the longer/limitless ones, like 100-to-1 and Iceberg Challenge Lounge, I even have YouTube videos of some high scores of them. I find them very fun and entertaining.. but hey, each to their own. I just hope.. and I think this will be the case.. that Harley and Red Hood are also available to play as in challenge mode.

The rest I agree with.
The problem was, he cost money for something that they essentially copied-and-pasted. Just reskinned Robin, added a couple different animations, named him "Deathstroke" and then charged money for it.

No reason he couldn't have come with the initial package.

Wanna know the worst thing about Origins? The fact that the developers were more concerned with releasing DLC instead of fixing gamebreaking bugs. Fuck. That.
The worst thing in my book was when I realized- since this wasn't Arkham Asylum, or a sectioned off prison-city like in Arkham City, every time I glided 500 feet to tackle a person warming themselve by the fire, there was at least a 50% chance that Batman had just attacked an innocent homeless person...

Seriously, I think half the people I started beating up in Arkham Origins could have feasibly just been homeless people who had their night ruined by Batman, because most of them were just minding their own business until I jumped out of nowhere and knocked out their buddy...

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
The problem was, he cost money for something that they essentially copied-and-pasted. Just reskinned Robin, added a couple different animations, named him "Deathstroke" and then charged money for it.

No reason he couldn't have come with the initial package.
He did come with the initial package.. basically.
Not only was he free with pre-orders, he has still with most copies around even after release, AND on PC he comes free with ALL editions of Arkham Origins.
I kind of agree. Deathstroke himself was lame and simply a cheap copy of Robin from Arkham City, just with a few minor changes here and there. But the challenge maps themselves are freaking addicting imo.
I like Deathstroke gameplay wise. He's better than all other characters except Batman because he's the only DLC character to have the Disarm and Destroy (breaks weapons and shields) combo move.