What's new

For those afraid IGAU will die now that it isn't at EVO

Will you continue to support Injustice in the future?

• Total voters

trufenix

bye felicia
Dude chef gets it, dash forward then keep holding forward to run
It isn't either of those things. The command is f,f,bl to run. You don't have to hold forward or wait for the dash to complete. Just f,f,bl and you start running, release block (or do something else) to stop.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
It isn't either of those things. The command is f,f,bl to run. You don't have to hold forward or wait for the dash to complete. Just f,f,bl and you start running, release block (or do something else) to stop.
so how do you dash cancel into a block then? so like if you dash and then suddenly want to block you can't?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
so how do you dash cancel into a block then? so like if you dash and then suddenly want to block you can't?
You have to cancel the dash into a run, then you can block. Otherwise, you can only block after the dash animation has been completed.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
You have to cancel the dash into a run, then you can block. Otherwise, you can only block after the dash animation has been completed.
So instead of ffb its now ff block block ok makes sense. interested to see how this works out in practice

trufenix

bye felicia
Dash blocking is dead. Backdash is not cancellable at all and has some invincibility but costs a bar of stamina, forward dash is free but its only cancellable into run, nothing else. Run is cancellable into anything, costs stamina drain.

Edit: It has not been totally clarified if there are any dash/run cancel points in strings or specials or a universal cancel like Injustice, but its assumed chargeable specials like Scorpion's hellball are dash and therefore run cancellable.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I haven't played the game since the last patch (well over a year now), but please don't let the same thing that happened to MK9 happen to Injustice! Let it live and play more than one game at a time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So instead of ffb its now ff block block ok makes sense. interested to see how this works out in practice
U can directly run in MKX if you block first before dashing, there is a E3 video where you can see Cassie going straight into run instead of dashing first.

Matix218

Get over here!
I personally am not interested in playing injustice anymore but I hope the game stays alive for the people who enjoy it. I will always continue to play mk9 because it is my favorite game of all time. Support the game you love even if it is no longer new! Mkx is awesome though, I am glad nrs delivered a worthy successor to mk9 :)

Great thread! Even tho its made by NRS, at the end of the day Injustice is a totally different game and should remain active until injustice 2. Two games for our community is a good thing for growth.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I liked Injustice and still do but I'm kinda done with it. very few people play online at all...I got back into it when I got it free for PS4 and definitely thought the netcode was much better. the DC license defintely helps it as well. as long as these games are cheap to get a hold of and have decent online play people will still play them. they are still good. but in all truth. constant update, costumes, DLC, will have to be added to even MKX to keep it alive for a while. this is true for any game.

You don't have to let it die if you don't want to.

I obviously have many misgivings about Injustice, but I respect the players in the community that do love this game, and I don't want to see those people lose their game just because it isn't at one tournament.

A lot of you joined the NRS scene for Injustice, but we saw this exact thing happen to MK9 once it stopped being an EVO game. So many people stopped playing MK9 because a new game was out, and without EVO it felt like there was nothing worth working towards.

A lot of people kept playing because they loved MK9, but a whole lot of people did stop, and I can't blame them. We honestly didn't know at the time what would happen. Would there even be MK9 at majors in the future? At locals even? And even if there are, will there be more than like 20 man turnouts?

Luckily, you guys have the information we didn't. Even with a good amount of players quitting, lack of EVO support, and Injustice already out, we've seen even very recently really nice MK9 turnouts at locals, majors, and even EVO last year as a side game. Now imagine how much larger those turnouts would be if everyone knew there would still be MK9 tournaments still.

A game can survive no matter what, if the player base keeps supporting it.

So based on what we've seen from past games, I can promise you that Injustice will still be at locals and majors, and it will still get a good turnout. Don't let EVO and MKX trick you into thinking "the game isn't worth playing" or "there's nothing to practice for".

The only thing that can kill Injustice is if YOU stop playing.

If you love Injustice, keep playing it like it was June 2013 with the knowledge that it WILL continue to be at tournaments. If you don't, you should still at least enter it at tournaments alongside MKX just to help keep it alive, because one day you may be hoping the Injustice 2 players enter MKX tournaments to help keep IT alive!

I know this thread is a little cheesy, but seriously, it needed to be said. Also, fuck Superman.

EDIT:

Krayzie started an Injustice Side Tournament at Evo petition/interest check or whatever. Be sure to sign it: http://testyourmight.com/threads/evo-2015-injustice-side-tournament-petition.47967/
There really is just a ton of games to play... Injustice is great, but people can even completely jump genres, since there's tournaments for just about everything these days.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Injustice felt like a filler game for the NRS scene, it was fun to play and clearly aimed at non FG players the most because of the DC attraction.
I think that Injustice was never meant to be taken so highly serious in the first place but of course it would be.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Why do you say that?

Injustice seemed to me the start of a new franchise just as good as MK, but different.
No for sure it's something different under the NRS title and is cool, I just feel like we were waiting for the next MK game and Injustice filled the spot for a little while, it just doesn't seem like Injustice will really last that long, truth be told I personally don't enjoy watching it like I do MK, I did enjoy playing it but as a viewer it wasn't so much for me.
I think people who don't play it are even more unlikely to want to watch it competitively decreasing in it's interest to live on.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Injustice 2 would be much better off with its own site.

When the time comes, I'd much rather converse with a community that actually likes the game, as opposed to one where half of it treats it as a "timekiller" or feels obliged to play just because it's made by NRS.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Injustice 2 would be much better off with its own site.

When the time comes, I'd much rather converse with a community that actually likes the game, as opposed to one where half of it treats it as a "timekiller" or feels obliged to play just because it's made by NRS.
Probably would be the best soloution honestly.