What's new

For those afraid IGAU will die now that it isn't at EVO

Will you continue to support Injustice in the future?

• Total voters

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Injustice killed itself same ole fashion that MK9 killed itself. Let nature run its course. MKX is on its way for us.

Both MK9 and Injustice are still hype to watch either way.

Don't be pointing fingers at the community being blamed because they let it die, game passed its expiration date 2 years.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I'm excited for injustice to be over. I don't like the way the game has to be played
Go back to Quan Chi who made you feel joy in MK9 and who will bring you happiness more to come in MKX. Injustice and MMH weren't meant for your destiny, come on you lost to Green Arrow with him. MK9 Quan Chi was your passion and you overcame some of the impossible with him. The infamous Dinky Chi returns!!!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Currently not at EVO

DOA
IGAU
Blaz Blue
King of Fighters XIII
SFx Tekken
Skullgirls

Thats quite a lot to drop. The biggest surprises are IGAU and Blaz Blue to me. KoF13 was in decline so its expected but Blaz Blue had one of the most legendary top 4 things happen in EVO history and won almost all the top EVO moments last year plus its community is out there waiting for the updates. IGAU was just as surprising to me considering how up everyone was on Grand Finals last year with Pig making it in and the crowning of the youngest EVO champion.

I'll support IGAU, but this year a LOT fell off at EVO. Can't blame them for keeping Melee as a surprise though...that game's crowd was so loud and hype it overwhelmed other streams and games during the tournament. It was an enormous crowd pleaser.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Injustice killed itself same ole fashion that MK9 killed itself. Let nature run its course. MKX is on its way for us.

Both MK9 and Injustice are still hype to watch either way.

Don't be pointing fingers at the community being blamed because they let it die, game passed its expiration date 2 years.
Ummm... wat? This community is the only reason Injustice and MK9 were "big" in the first place... so you're saying it's not the community's fault when the community drops a game? GTFO.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
To be clear, I don't have a problem with anyone's decision either way. Like/support (or not) whatever games you want. Funny thing about the poll though...

Of those voting 'Yes', look at the percentage of these people who actually attend tournaments. Or a single major at least.

Those voting 'no'...well....

This makes me happy looking forward as Injustice cools down, as far as tourney numbers go. I, personally will continue to enter MK9 and Injustice at every opportunity.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
To be clear, I don't have a problem with anyone's decision either way. Like/support (or not) whatever games you want. Funny thing about the poll though...

Of those voting 'Yes', look at the percentage of these people who actually attend tournaments. Or a single major at least.

Those voting 'no'...well....

This makes me happy looking forward as Injustice cools down, as far as tourney numbers go. I, personally will continue to enter MK9 and Injustice at every opportunity.
Ra Helios voted no though. That pretty much kills Injustice for me.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Ummm... wat? This community is the only reason Injustice and MK9 were "big" in the first place... so you're saying it's not the community's fault when the community drops a game? GTFO.
Explain why MK9 killed it self shortly after the golden prime era MLG ran its course, SCR13 and Final Round '13. Injustice dropped, MK9 slowly dissolved naturally and EVO was its final resuscitation in life. People move on with their lives, pointing fingers for blame this, blame that gets no one anywhere. Injustice time is up, time to move on and stop living, dwelling in the past. Mortal Kombat X is a new chapter and journey for everyone. This is nature, no human lives forever.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
.he was all happy injustice wasn't at evo and said there should be a side tourney.
I like PL and all but that made me mad.
Then he went on a rant of how it took no skill and it was a bad game. But he did say its in a place in his heart. Then he said he liked it before all the patching. Which was weird
No (not the part you're referring to at least), why?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Explain why MK9 killed it self shortly after the golden prime era MLG ran its course, SCR13 and Final Round '13. Injustice dropped, MK9 slowly dissolved naturally and EVO was its final resuscitation in life. People move on with their lives, pointing fingers for blame this, blame that gets no one anywhere. Injustice time is up, time to move on and stop living, dwelling in the past. Mortal Kombat X is a new chapter and journey for everyone. This is nature, no human lives forever.
Injustice dropped, MK9 had a really nice showing at Evo that year (DJT running through the Kabal gauntlet was amazing to watch) and then the game managed to live on long enough to get a great turnout even as a side tournament the NEXT year of Evo. We've even seen nice turnouts all the way through KIT this year which was very recently. It definitely isn't a dead game. The only reason it might die is because MKX is coming out, which is an extremely natural and reasonable way for it to die.

So basically it lived on two years past it's final showing at EVO.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Because the community dropped the game. It's that simple. And I don't know what the hell world you're living in where saying things like "this is nature, no human lives forever" is actually relevant to any conversation in this thread.

I think you're just saying things for the sake of saying them.

Smash Melee was released in 2001 and it's STILL at evo. Explain that, magical natural game life guy.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm more than expecting IGAU sequels in the future someday. Injustice is currently STILL winning awards with its year 3 comic book.

Folks shown in the comic who may make an appearance in some form.

The Spectre
Batwoman
Black Canary
Dr Fate
John Constantine
Swamp Thing
Guy Gardner
Scarecrow
Captain Cold
Huntress
Black Lightning
Robin
Kyle Rayner
Arkillo
Karu Sil
Deadman
The Demon

...looking at that list of folks who have appeared so far minus those I am forgetting its a pretty solid list for a sequel to draw from.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
You don't have to let it die if you don't want to.

I obviously have many misgivings about Injustice, but I respect the players in the community that do love this game, and I don't want to see those people lose their game just because it isn't at one tournament.

A lot of you joined the NRS scene for Injustice, but we saw this exact thing happen to MK9 once it stopped being an EVO game. So many people stopped playing MK9 because a new game was out, and without EVO it felt like there was nothing worth working towards.

A lot of people kept playing because they loved MK9, but a whole lot of people did stop, and I can't blame them. We honestly didn't know at the time what would happen. Would there even be MK9 at majors in the future? At locals even? And even if there are, will there be more than like 20 man turnouts?

Luckily, you guys have the information we didn't. Even with a good amount of players quitting, lack of EVO support, and Injustice already out, we've seen even very recently really nice MK9 turnouts at locals, majors, and even EVO last year as a side game. Now imagine how much larger those turnouts would be if everyone knew there would still be MK9 tournaments still.

A game can survive no matter what, if the player base keeps supporting it.

So based on what we've seen from past games, I can promise you that Injustice will still be at locals and majors, and it will still get a good turnout. Don't let EVO and MKX trick you into thinking "the game isn't worth playing" or "there's nothing to practice for".

The only thing that can kill Injustice is if YOU stop playing.

If you love Injustice, keep playing it like it was June 2013 with the knowledge that it WILL continue to be at tournaments. If you don't, you should still at least enter it at tournaments alongside MKX just to help keep it alive, because one day you may be hoping the Injustice 2 players enter MKX tournaments to help keep IT alive!

I know this thread is a little cheesy, but seriously, it needed to be said. Also, fuck Superman.

EDIT:

Krayzie started an Injustice Side Tournament at Evo petition/interest check or whatever. Be sure to sign it: http://testyourmight.com/threads/evo-2015-injustice-side-tournament-petition.47967/
Amen man. Just look at the smash community who kept the gamecube verison alive even after the wii verison (don't want to talk about why as i am not a smash guy but respect their scene) . So if they could do it and the knowledge injustice community currently has with mk9 injustice is far from dead imo.

With that said I have to say one thing about our NRS community ( which I don't like calling nrs but would rather say our fgc community ,as we are all trying to support fighting gamez). Our lil corner of the fgc needs to support our games more. There is no reason why an injustice player who played mk9 wont sign up for mk9 at any event who use to play mk9. Sorry I don't want to hear ure shit about not playing(look @cdjr who I doubt plays mk9 like it was mlg heh) , just have fun & i don't want to hear u don't have 5 bucks to register (heh). In addition we need to support our games. Look at evo last yr we had a run back with li joe vs @Shock for umk. U guys want and deserve the same for mk9 and injustice.

I hate the bs i see at times I for one don't like injustice much but if I go to any event I register for both with my day 1 catwomen.
I am not saying every nrs game needs our support like that but if u played the last nrs game can't u multi task? Calling people out Capcom has what ufs4 & umvc3 (some times even street fighter x tekken). Why can't we attempt this.

Fyi i sed the same thing with mk9 to a point so I will repeat it again now. Props @EGP Wonder_Chef for ure post.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Also, the vultures circling and celebrating Injustice not being announced at EVO is the stupidest shit I've seen in a minute. You do realize nobody's forcing you to play/watch/enter tournaments for the game right?
Very well said. I remember the vultures really came out when KI was first launched and pre NEC'13. That shit was cringeworthy. I find it strange and pathetically weird if you have to hurl yourself into a thread and passively denounce a game that you aren't interested in...

I plan on going to Final Round and I'll def. be at Evo. I'll gladly still support Killer Fro....I mean, Injustice. ;)

I do not see any reason why it should die, they are both separate communities with its own players. It's kind of hard to keep playing it for people that do want to when it's not on the roster, CEO 2015 isn't having it I think.