What's new

FNATIC Perfect Legend responds to REO's challenge and the Twitter wars

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
For those of you who have been following this thread by @R.E.O. - http://testyourmight.com/threads/reo-calls-out-the-two-time-evolution-champion-with-fraudulent-legend-facts.40651/ - you may have been eager to know @Perfect Legend's position on the Twitter wars raging between him and REO. He inscribes his response on his public blog at theperfectlegend.com, where he not only explains his views on the challenge offered to him, but also goes on to comment about the structure of the FGC in regards to what should qualify as majors and what should not. You can go here to read his account on the ensuing competitive drama.

As a preview, here is an excerpt from the blog.

First are foremost let me cut to the chase:

I will not be playing Reo in a MM or Exhibition match at EVO this year. Mortal Kombat has ran its course and history has been made.

This all stemmed from Arturo Sanchez on the Apex stream stating that Reo was the best player of MK9′s prime. I of course disagreed.

There was a constant twitter arguments back and forth but let me clear the air:

Reo had a great MK season after the last patch was released for the game. Leading up to the last patch his MK career it was a bit lackluster.

I’m not going to go into a further history lesson than this but: I won Evolution World Championship back to back 2011 and 2012. Denzell Terry won 2013. Reo won neither of those.

(continued at his blog @ http://theperfectlegend.com/2014/01/24/statement-on-mk-exhibition-and-fgc-twitter-wars/)

Attachments

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Considering most people were hating on PL and couldn't wait to see him lose, I'm not surprised he declined. He's done nothing wrong to me personally, and I've been in his presence on a few occasions, seems like a pretty chill guy.

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
There are certain challenges that one can not simply back out of. For you ,PL, this is one of them, you are being directly challenged by your most difficult and important rival. If you don't "fight" REO, whatever you accomplished in MK will mean NOTHING, and you will be forever remembered as the guy who didn't step up to the biggest DIRECT challenge of his life.
Beat REO, and put and end to your MK career as the greatest player ever.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
At what point do we question whether or not PL honestly knows what the word "best" means?

Would've been fun to see though; I think people tend forget how often Jr would overcome the Lao vs Kabal mu when everyone was at their best.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I also can't fault PL, hes a funny man, good to be around. But avoiding this challenge will probably make people think REO is #1.

The very fact that the entire forum can debate on it clearly means that there is no clear cut #1. It's not the opinion of the nominees that matters, its the opinion of the community you have to win over.

Evidently back to back EVOs isnt enough PL needed the threepeat, neither is multiple MLG & various other majors, REO needed an EVO win.