What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Injustice is a constantly evolving game with new tech just around the corner. As such, the numbers set here by the moderation team are tentative and are subject to change.

Aquaman 6-4 (his trait gives him the edge. he's punishable).
-Flash can punish nearly everything Aquaman has.

-Get pressure started off of knockdowns quite often if you are able to consistently punish his mix-ups and zoning attempts. Playing footsies and trying to space yourself in with normals is going to work against that trident.

-His overheads all appear to be blockable on reaction and/or fuzzy guardable.

-His trident throw and Ground trident (thing that tracks) are both punishable by lightning charge.

-the multi stab move is punishable by Flying Uppercut, Same with the low scoop i believe.

-He can trait to escape MB lightning kick and punish you for it so going for MB sonic pound combo's or straight lightning to continue pressure is much safer

-even from playing a pretty scrubby friend of mine in this MU i can tell using Time Loop outside of punishes won't be a good idea, the speed and range of Aquaman's moves can hit you out of it easily

-he is pretty punishable on wiff, free lightning charge in most cases

-Not sure of his wake-ups, i don't think he has an option for countering Jump ins or neutral jumps when knocked down. could be wrong

-If he manages to get in (which is easy if you don't read right) he can reset on you and do some mad damage.

-Flash can escape ares reset with flying uppercut.

Batman 6-4 close to 5-5 (mainly bc his trait covers punishable windows. 5-5 since flash can punish batman's strings with d12)

-Batman has pretty shitty wakeups aside from his parry if you're trying to string an overhead. some of his strings are punishable with d12. A lot of bat players love jumping too so you can try to find some distance with charge (not a great idea since batman has decent zoning potential), lightning uppercut, j1 ahead of time. or armor b3.

-You can punish b23 if you read it coming or if he whiffs. lightning charge it if he whiffs just to throw it out there or backdash the b23 and charge in his face. if you whiff, block or d12 while they're doing their mandatory dash cancel during b23.

-Batmans strings that are full combo punishable by flash d12 are

d12 on the first 1 and on the second 2 during 223 IIRC.

Batmans do wakeup parry a lot but it's very easy to counter. if a batman sniffs my string and i can read this, i'll hit him with a d12 into 52-55%. on the next knockdown if he decides to parry again or i feel he's going to try to block a d12 from me, i mixup with a j1 21 into 40%+ right after.
Good bats players at this point will be conditioned to stop all wakeup parries and revert to wakeup slide or back dash. if you block slide it's full combo punishable. if they backdash and they find some spacing/distance most likely they're going to trait, batarang, grapple, or rush in. at this point just crouch block.
Let the bats trait get blocked and wait for the batarang or grapple. if you're comfortable with flash and this read you can speed dodge and follow up immediately with lightning charge or once it whiffs and it's not fullscreen then you can punish it. if it is fullscreen and you block it, just start dashing in.

-After landing my successful 50/50 mixups above most batmans i played get pretty frustrated, get confused because their stand block isn't working against Flash (like it does against most bad Flashs) and just do go autopilot and do stupid shit/ragequit.

-For their crossups, just monitor their spacing between you and him when you're blocking. if you're familiar with it you can walk forward and block, just dash forward to punish the jump, or push block (funny when i do this, batmans get confused).

-Something very hard to block against batman is traits from the front into a crossup

-It's definitely very useful to know that Flash can d12 under the highs in batman's strings. I realize that I was standing up too often, which it seems that there is no reason to do aside from blocking b23, the overhead ender of the b1 string.

-Best way to block vs batman is low and then high for the rest. if you know bats is gonna go in on starting 1 you can immediately follow up with your counter punish.

-Nearly all of batman's try to open you up with b112/b113. If he notices you're blocking low and high his game plan will be to hit you with an overhead after a hard knockdown. if you start to block high he'll start spamming his b112 b113 strings. one combo to look out for that low high blocking that bats can confirm off of is 123. it's high, mid, low and he can confirm off that. the string is easy to recognize block on reaction after you played enough batmans.

-Batman is a tough fight. You really just have to stay on batman and avoid stages with repeatable bomb setups if possible since they let him get away AND possibly damage you. Get good at blocking or you will have to waste meter mb blocking bat set ups. You can challenge batman with jumpins on his wakeup pretty much free right now though. Also, if batman EVER drains his meter and you get him in a block string trait up and chip him for 15%.

Black Adam 6-4
- a blocked divekick can be punished by either reversal Flying Uppercut or Lightning Charge. unfortunately it can't be punished by Lightning Kick or any of Flash's ground strings, so you'll just have to take the little damage that you can and go for oki.

- a blocked EX divekick is +7 on block. don't even bother trying to punish it. it's a little ridiculous.

- his Lightning Cage (the move where he's crouched down and surrounded by a ball of electricity) is -3 on block and pushes you away, making it completely safe. this makes him pretty annoying to deal with on wake up, as he's completely invincible on the startup of it. your best bet is to stay close enough to bait it out but not be close enough to get hit by it, which will let you get a free jump in most of the time.

- EX Lightning Cage is +3 on block. so, yeah.

- his Lightning Strike is a quick projectile that can hit low, but won't hit you if you're jumping. you can't punish it on block if you're full screen, but if you're 3/4's of the screen away or closer you can punish it or react with Lightning Charge. otherwise you can jump it on reaction or block and be patient.

- most of his normal strings have overheads, but not many lows. probably safer to block standing against him.

-His lightning Cage may be fully invincible on wake-up and safe on block, but that doesn't me you can't bait and punish, a Neutral Jump in (Ji2 is what i use) or a simple back dash followed by F2 string will punish it easily. Don't worry about any other wake-ups from him as none of them but Lightning Cage has any invincibility

-Lightning Strike is pretty damn safe, unless blocked at around sweep distance you will not be getting a punish off. And i don't see why a Black Adam player would ever use that move up close so ya, safe. Just take the reversal to enter RMS and get in

-Lightning storm is completely safe, Don't try and punish it on block, you will get blown up

-Black Adam's foot Dive is mostly punishable, If he hits you really low in the legs he will recover before you can Do anything about it. Kinda hard to tell sometimes but its worth knowing. Also Lightning Charge only really works as a punish if the Foot Dive hits you really high up, so i'd just stick with Flying Uppercut as your go to

-Be on the lookout for any use of Lightning strike and lightning bomb, Strike can be jumped on reaction and Bomb can be punished by Lightning Charge from pretty much anywhere
-Black Adam matches you in footsie tools, don't think you can simply space out B22 of F21 once you're up close. He has tools of equal range and speed, if not better. Instead rely on wiff punishes using Time Loop for big damage or Lightning charge for a hard knockdown.

-since you have no 6 Frame poke Adam has the advantage every time you are at neutral up close, he gets free D1-Trait or D1-Shock every time

-Flash has zero air control vs Adam

-Adam has no problem punishing max distance sweeps or lightning charges with full combos

-He has a great wake-up in Lightning Cage (fully invincible, Safe on block, can be MB for full combo) which takes away most of your usual advantage from a hard knockdown

-And his normals match yours in range and speed, as well as him having better walk and dash speed.

-You can d2 inbetween black adam's d1 into lightning. Also, if Adam ever backdashes after a divekick it's a free punish with MB LC. A lot of his normal ways of staying safe don't work vs Flash, but he is still BA and is really fucking good at running away, so I think it's 5-5.
Zyphox (Flash) Vs Woundcowboy (Black Adam) (Zyphox Youtube)
TYM (PG 13)

5.5-4.5 matchup.

-Catwoman can lock us out of any dangerous spots pretty easily. Also she has very good non meter damage compared to us. Her high low is about = close up, but midrange I think her whip and jump whip give her a little more power to dictate the pace of the match.

-Also her b3 and f3 are much better. Flash does has interact removal though so if you pick watch tower it would favor Flash.

-More tech powered stages though, and you will eat 80-100% with regularity against a good Catwoman. Up close though we probably get more safe chip out.

-Stick to D1D2 this matchup. You can interrupt some strings with it and even full combo if you're practiced to LK on reaction.

-Don’t get caught in the air.

Deathstroke 5-5 (his shit is punishable except for his ballerina spin. if you read it you can backdash, let it whiff and punish. his 50/50 is good and if you can't keep DS locked down in the corner you will most likely lose. read his jumps when he gets close to a corner)
-You can punish deathstroke with charge from pretty far away on block on nearly all his guns.

-Fullscreen charge will whiff and be punished. If you can get midscreen it'll be ok since you can punish his spam with reversal charge. upon hard knockdown most deathstroke will wakeup with df3 or db3 to prevent your 50/50.

-His assault rifle (mb) rocket is an overhead.

-Deathstrokes wake ups can be full combo punished

-Deathstroke is kinda the same but it's closer to a 5-5. Punish his zoning at the right ranges and stay in his deadzone

Doomsday 5-5 (can be a hard matchup if you don't know it. nearly all of his specials are punishable. if he meterburns his venom he has advantage. you're forced to block/push block or eat a grab or guess a d3, overhead. trait also gives him an edge. dont give him the chance to use it)
-Only thing for trait you can hope on is to frame trap.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuamoKun

Green Arrow 5-5 (he's got a good mixup game. his evade shot can be slightly punished with charge or f21. you'll eat a hit but he'll get pushed back closer to the corner. once he's there you have every advantage.)

-Win the poke war and can keep away pretty good.

Green Lantern 5-5 (you can full combo ring grab wakeups. his gatling gun and jumping projectiles make this mu a little harder)

-Punish Green Lantern’s “Lantern’s Might” by crouching low then going full combo or Lightning Charge.

-If he keeps f3 ing out of the frame trap you could just finish the string and end in up charge which grants him the most knockdown advantage where he either has to wake up lift and eat 40% or deal with the 50 50. Link in his overhead special, Flash works off knockdowns seeing how all his specials and combos end in untechable knockdowns with advantage.

-Minigun is a problem tho, you just gotta take the chip and be patient. His air projectile is not that hard to get around seeing how it takes him forever to land. you can time loop as hes jumping and get in for free or just keep vibrating through it for meter. ALso, I'm pretty sure flash can interrupt B13 with d1xcombo.

-Pressuring him on knockdown is a 50/50 of if hes going to lift or not

-his bullet can be ducked easily and you can get a dash in or lightning charge depending on distance

-Air bullet can be punished on block by Lightning charge if he shot it high enough in the air
-His B1 low string can be backdashed out of after the first hit, once you establish that, GL players will have to cancel it into things like mingun or the bullet

-Time Loop is going to be difficult to use outside of combos and wiff punishes cause of lantern's
-Lift, you can bait the lift while in time loop but i'm not sure if its worth the risks.

-Playing footsies is tough since you can't wiff anything at all with getting comboed and his B1 matches you in range. You really just have to make a good read to get in.

-Interrupt all follow ups to B1 except for Lift.

Q: Hold on you can charge the gatling on block? I was definitely under the impression that is not possible.
A: Not while it's spewing bullets. you'll collide with the hit box. you can reversal hit confirm as soon as the last bullet hits you.

Hawkgirl 5-5 (annoying matchup. her mace charge is safe on block. but this one feels like a wonder woman matchup)
-Mace, just dash up or shake and punish MB.

-Her mace charge. Blocking it means you're disadvantaged and pushed away. That's not something Flash wants.

-It's also a super duper good wake up. But I find timing a f21(3) just right makes her fly into your fists.

GuamoKun

Nightwing 6-4 (staff stance is rough. flying grayson and staff spin are completely safe to stuff 50/50s)
(Staff)
-His pokes beat most of yours in staff mode. His d1 is faster than nearly everything Flash can use.
-My best results against a Nightwing in staff mode is to space him out at about midscreen, try to punish any groundblasts with lightning charge and try to bait out a staff spin.

-If he's in staff maybe you kan step away and find a moment to use your trait.

-Use of the interactables helps against Staff since he has lower mobility outside of Flying Grayson. If you get a knockdown the you kan trait and make those reads..

(Escrima)
In Escrima his only real wake up option is his front flip, which is pretty unsafe and can actually completely whiff if you try to hit him with a low d12 string, it leaves him wide open.

-Good news is that while he's in Escrima the match most definitely in your favor, especially once you're in his face and out of his projectile's range. If you can keep him down and keep him from switching to staff mode it's pretty smooth sailing.
-If he gets you in the corner with staff, you better tech block cus he has ton of frame advantage with his db3. Also he can 76% chip you there on a full meter. db3 (mb), b1, db3 (mb) rinse repeat. His j3 has more priority than your shit and can cancel with air batarangs and knocks you back. also some serious mind games with his ground spark (hold).

Raven 6-4 (fast projectiles into grab. if you can get an early lead and corner her all game then you should be able to win)

-You essentially don't have to even worry about wakeup, just go for your 50/50 on knockdown

-Against Raven IIRC you can walk her down until you are about mid range. She can't do d,f2 or d,b2 any more because you get 462 for free on block at that distance with reversal timing. Vortex is strong against her
-Punishing the Soul Crush with Lightning charge

-she has this frame trap that i didn't know you could interrupt or time a backdash to escape so when i did get in i got locked down into a mix-up for 40%

-On a hard knockdown she has to eat your 50/50 game, None of here wake-ups have full invincibility so all you have to do is time your attacks right

-Her Soul Crush (i think its called) is punishable by Lightning charge from all but Max range, which grants you the hard knockdown you need for your 50/50

-Her other projectiles shouldn't be a problem at all, duck them and move on.

-223 was back-dashable and with it's +6, back-dashing after the 3 (which would be daft), not between the 2 and 3 which could allow you to potentially punish the wiffed 3.

-If Raven only does 22 and they back dash, Raven kan Soul Krush quite easily. It's much much safer in demon stance though as if they block the whole thing than it's safe (providing you use the safe DS specials). 22 is only -1 and Raven has a 6 frame D1 so it's not bad at all.
-Raven is pretty similar to Flash, insofar as she really needs meter to get damage. I would say that it's probably best to try and stay on the ground as much as possible, to give yourself a chance to block her lifts and squeezes.

Sinestro 5-5 (same matchup as deathstroke. watch out for arachnid sting wakeups. it's pretty much safe and you can no longer d12 full combo punish it)

-If you manage to get past his zoning be prepared for a d2 or b22 combo. He usually punishes most dash ins that way into a reset combo. Lightning charge very unsafe on block vs sinestro. full 38%+ punish. can also ruin 50/50 with his df2 (the claw move).

-Problem from full screen

-With sinestro his zoning whiffs at midscreen and boulder and non mb fireball and be punish for 30% on block with sonic charge and his wakeup game is one dimensional.

Injustice - Zyphox (the flash) vs Pig of the hut (sinestro)

Grundy 5-5 (grundy's got a good 50/50 game with his normal-special strings. you can completely cockblock his wcc wakeups and full combo punish by using lightning kick - it's throw immune)
Beating Grundy's Grabs: Walking Korpse, Trait, Etc.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/beating-grundys-grabs-walking-korpse-trait-etc.36158/

-B3 to be a really solid tool though. If you MB it when you see Grundy's Walking Grab coming at you it will punish any cancel follow-ups and will catch him if he just let it go.

-Also if you find yourself hitting grundy but his armor is active and you think it will beat you out before you get enough hits in then you can cancel your string into Flying uppercut to get out of there anything that leaves the ground will generally be good for countering the Walking Grab.

-You can jump Grundy's WC and punish with charge.

-Armor b3 and jump a lot and attempt to whiff his armored grabs with db3 to get behind him for a punish. you can't really string on good grundy's otherwise they can wakeup and reset up to 97%.

-Grundy is a tough match, luckily it is more dependent on the Grundy's skill and knowledge than ours. We can pretty much do same tactics, also he is a lot easier to frame trap in general. His natural attribute is armor moves which we can blow through most. His super is quite annoying though

-If the grundy player activates super at least from the starting distance you can activate trait and he'll be stuck in slowmo never being able to catch you.

[12:53:14 PM]

Superman 7-3 (he can play keepaway all day and footsies because of his normal and special mixup links)
-you mainly just want to walk in on supes, this way you can jump the eye laser and Lightning charger the eye zap on reaction from anywhere on screen

-whenever supes jumps you have to be very cautious, Since Flash really doesn't have a reliable AA you need to look out for the air dash cross-ups and try to just get out of the way (and hopefully tag him with lightning charge if they wiffed an air attack, or B22 for pressure).

- Also there is the air lazsr, which isn't to big of a problem imo. All you need to do once you see it start up is wait long enough to confirm that it wasn't MB and you should still have enough time to get a lightning charge punish (depending on the height of the air laser and distance you were at when you blocked it)

-Vs Supermen that like to pressure with F23-Breath, you can D2 under their F23 for a combo. Risky if they scout it but if they are respecting it than it can open up a way out of their pressure

-Superman Forward Lasers you can easily crouch or Speed Dash. Lightning Dash for knockdown, or if its blocked backdash, and space out f21or b22

-His Diagonal Lasers that cover up the entire ground you can jump or use a timed Speed Dash to avoid and move in closer for punish.

-Recommend just sticking to standing resets unless you are doing a trait combo on supes. I get a lotta superman practice though, it really relies on whos neutral game is stronger. You can react his zoning and punish. Also, picking a stage like clock tower or airstation gives you more anti zone options.

Wonder Women 5-5 (most of her shit is safe but it feels like an ok matchup)

-Against WW you pretty much avoid using LC unless its a punish situation. There really is no need to force the issue since she cannot zone very hard outside of whip. Use more RMS cancels to get in instead and force her to throw out a a negative then push back.

-On her wakeup you pretty much have no reason to pressure her because she really has little reason not to lasso wakeup if you are within reach. Just wait for it and uppercut on block or go for a 50/50. Reserve meter to F3 mb pressure her wakeup it throws WW off quite a bit. J1 beats a majority of her air dash jump options along with d2. Her jump whip beats d2 so be careful.

-Against air dashes in general you can do a walk under that crosses up their animation giving you free combos (universal). I think its WW favor still, but only slightly wouldn't call it a 6-4.

LEGEND

YES!
Slips
GGA Dizzy
Zyphox

What do you guys think about the Raven and GL MUs? So far for most zoning characters i've been able to use Running man's Neutral run and Cancel it to block projectiles on reaction, or slide under them. But with these two they just grab me for a combo before i can react, Do i really have to Slowly walk in on them and Hopefully bait a grab for a mere 9% punish?

And my god GL B1, man, Why even bother playing footsies with that guy

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't know much about the GL match. He definitely gets to check Flash as hes trying to get in alot. I still need to explore the options after a block B13 because I don't know whats guaranteed yet.

But raven, her wakeups suck bad. You get a lot off a hard knockdown on her. You essentially don't have to even worry about wakeup, just go for your 50/50 on knockdown. His vortex is strong against her. I don't know how strong her zoning is potentially, but its punishable on block from most ranges. I don't see anything so far that would make it a bad match for Flash.

LEGEND

YES!
But raven, her wakeups suck bad. You get a lot off a hard knockdown on her. You essentially don't have to even worry about wakeup, just go for your 50/50 on knockdown. His vortex is strong against her. I don't know how strong her zoning is potentially, but its punishable on block from most ranges. I don't see anything so far that would make it a bad match for Flash.
You're right, i just need to play it more. I knew really nothing about her other than punishing the Soul Crush with Lightning charge when i was fighting her. And she has this frame trap that i didn't know you could interrupt or time a backdash to escape so when i did get in i got locked down into a mix-up for 40%

Against Raven IIRC you can walk her down until you are about mid range. She can't do d,f2 or d,b2 any more because you get 462 for free on block at that distance with reversal timing I believe (could be wrong). After she gets knocked down it becomes party time with vortex and mix ups for days.

Against GL because of the super awesome reversal I play it a bit more cautious than normal because of that but against his zoning I block a projectile then Flash run in and cancel to clear some distance. It's always worth checking to see if they know they can punish b,f2 because if they don't you get in for free. Otherwise though I just play it safe and patient until I get in on him then I party up on him.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I am still in the learning stages of this game in general but Aquaman seems to be a pain in the ass to deal with. The only thing i know to do is punish trident on block with charge lol any ideas?

LEGEND

YES!
I am still in the learning stages of this game in general but Aquaman seems to be a pain in the ass to deal with. The only thing i know to do is punish trident on block with charge lol any ideas?
Chef was showing this MU on his stream last and apparently Flash can punish nearly everything Aquaman has, so just theory crafting here but you could probably get pressure started off of knockdowns quite often if you are able to consistently punish his mix-ups and zoning attempts. I don't think playing footsies and trying to space yourself in with normals is going to work against that trident

ecksyz

speed force.
http://www.twitch.tv/ecksyz/c/2180907

So I took some time while streaming last night to look at the Black Adam match up, and found a few things that hopefully aren't common knowledge. The video itself is pretty all over the place and I tend to ramble, so I'll break down some of the things I found here;

- a blocked divekick can be punished by either reversal Flying Uppercut or Lightning Charge. unfortunately it can't be punished by Lightning Kick or any of Flash's ground strings, so you'll just have to take the little damage that you can and go for oki.
- a blocked EX divekick is +7 on block. don't even bother trying to punish it. it's a little ridiculous.
- his Lightning Cage (the move where he's crouched down and surrounded by a ball of electricity) is -3 on block and pushes you away, making it completely safe. this makes him pretty annoying to deal with on wake up, as he's completely invincible on the start up of it. your best bet is to stay close enough to bait it out but not be close enough to get hit by it, which will let you get a free jump in most of the time.
- his Lightning Strike is a quick projectile that can hit low, but won't hit you if you're jumping. you can't punish it on block if you're full screen, but if you're 3/4's of the screen away or closer you can punish it or react with Lightning Charge. otherwise you can jump it on reaction or block and be patient.
- most of his normal strings have overheads, but not many lows. probably safer to block standing against him.

Like I said, I hope this isn't all info that you guys have already figured out, I just wanted to share what I found and hopefully save you guys some grief.

LEGEND

YES!
http://www.twitch.tv/ecksyz/c/2180907

So I took some time while streaming last night to look at the Black Adam match up, and found a few things that hopefully aren't common knowledge. The video itself is pretty all over the place and I tend to ramble, so I'll break down some of the things I found here;

- his Lightning Cage (the move where he's crouched down and surrounded by a ball of electricity) is -3 on block and pushes you away, making it completely safe. this makes him pretty annoying to deal with on wake up, as he's completely invincible on the start up of it. your best bet is to stay close enough to bait it out but not be close enough to get hit by it, which will let you get a free jump in most of the time.

Like I said, I hope this isn't all info that you guys have already figured out, I just wanted to share what I found and hopefully save you guys some grief.
i'd like to add a few points to this MU,

-His lightning Cage may be fully invincible on wake-up and safe on block, but that doesn't me you can't bait and punish, a Neutral Jump in (Ji2 is what i use) or a simple back dash followed by F2 string will punish it easily. Don't worry about any other wake-ups from him as none of them but Lightning Cage has any invincibility

-Lightning Strike is pretty damn safe, unless blocked at around sweep distance you will not be getting a punish off. And i don't see why a Black Adam player would ever use that move up close so ya, safe. Just take the reversal to enter RMS and get in

-Lightning storm is completely safe, Don't try and punish it on block, you will get blown up

-Black Adam's foot Dive is mostly punishable, If he hits you really low in the legs he will recover before you can Do anything about it. Kinda hard to tell sometimes but its worth knowing. Also Lightning Charge only really works as a punish if the Foot Dive hits you really high up, so i'd just stick with Flying Uppercut as your go to

-Be on the lookout for any use of Lightning strike and lightning bomb, Strike can be jumped on reaction and Bomb can be punished by Lightning Charge from pretty much anywhere

-Black Adam matches you in footsie tools, don't think you can simply space out B22 of F21 once you're up close. He has tools of equal range and speed, if not better. Instead rely on wiff punishes using Time Loop for big damage or Lightning charge for a hard knockdown

thats all i got atm

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
how are you guys doing vs GL? that character can use trait and abuse machine gun when your trying to get in his b1 is stupid, b1 machine gun :( you cant jump or do oki set ups on him with is lift, just hope he doesn't mash buttons when you have him in a vortex, since i am positive now that LK is not plus 15 on hit.

*sigh*
a tough one indeed... My friend and I were messing around with his gl against my flash and it was a bit painful in online practice. I know for a fact that you cannot sonic charge machine gun which sucks. I know the battering ram move can be sonic charged but leaves gl safe because of flashs Dino arms. When I get back home I will see about ring throw. Haha remember you don't always have to try and beat something out. Blocking on peoples wakeup is good too. Bait them out

Bluez

~ Rialt1 PrimE ~
My buddy plays a pretty good Raven, and this match up is a pain in the ass. I mean, I can win, and I do win, but it is nothing short of an uphill battle all the way. I'll be sure to post anything effective and useful that I discover in our battles.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
how are you guys doing vs GL? that character can use trait and abuse machine gun when your trying to get in his b1 is stupid, b1 machine gun :( you cant jump or do oki set ups on him with is lift, just hope he doesn't mash buttons when you have him in a vortex, since i am positive now that LK is not plus 15 on hit.
I told you! lol.. And you didn't believe me.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
yeah i know, they need to fix frame data fast :(
That's why I always test stuff before I pass judgement.

I had recently played Minigun GL against Awesomo before telling you. I further tested it in Practice Mode as well.

Good thing though is that unlike MK we actually have a great practice mode this time.. :)

Mvskokee

It's what I am. I dont care why.
I have the same problem with GL. His f3 is also godlike after b2,2 frame trap. Havent tested it fully but it will beat out the d1,2 and it has beat ex sonic pound on me a few times. Hits footsies are pretty godlike as well. Definately a super well rounded character.

Mvskokee

It's what I am. I dont care why.
My buddy plays a pretty good Raven, and this match up is a pain in the ass. I mean, I can win, and I do win, but it is nothing short of an uphill battle all the way. I'll be sure to post anything effective and useful that I discover in our battles.
pretty sure you can punish blocked force grabs around mid range with lightening charge

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I have the same problem with GL. His f3 is also godlike after b2,2 frame trap. Havent tested it fully but it will beat out the d1,2 and it has beat ex sonic pound on me a few times. Hits footsies are pretty godlike as well. Definately a super well rounded character.
If he keeps f3 ing out of the frame trap you could just finish the string and end in up charge which grants him the most knockdown advantage where he either has to wake up lift and eat 40% or deal with the 50 50. You can also link in his overhead special (havent tested if its interrupt-able) Flash works off knockdowns seeing how all his specials and combos end in untechable knockdowns with advantage. His minigun is a problem tho, you just gotta take the chip and be patient. His air projectile is not that hard to get around seeing how it takes him forever to land. you can time loop as hes jumping and get in for free or just keep vibrating through it for meter. ALso, I'm pretty sure flash can interrupt B13 with d1xcombo. It's still a hard match tho