What's new

Finish-Him Community meet NetherRealm Studios for you!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The French NRS Community has been invited by Warner to go to Chicago for visiting NRS Studio and bring you some new videos! Check them all out below!

With had the chance to make an interview with Derek, one of the game designer of NRS.

I also had the chance to do a First to 3 against Derek himself ! Really great and nice guy ! Unfortunetly he couldn't pick his main Mileena ! :D

Have fun guys ;)

http://www.finish-him.com/topic4969.html

@STORMS

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SaJa

FH_FenriR
He wouldn't tell me obviously xD But Boon said NRS not twice the same DLC :( all my main in MK9 were DLCs x))

If you guys have questions I can maybe answer. I played mainly Kotal and Torr, a bit D'Vorah and my mate played Kano, Kitana and a bit Raiden.

Know this : 2 back dash and your stamina is empty, you gotta wait for the next one. :eek:

I realize I didn't use the run move once LOL and I'm jumping a lot, but Kotal jump in punch is so fuckin' great ! The range is huge !

More videos (some stuffs has been streamed) should be available soon.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
nice video guys. i see no expenses were spared there, there were atleast 30-40 DXRacer chairs in there, i just got one a few weeks ago cost me $300+ really good investment though i could sleep on this chair.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
nice video guys. i see no expenses were spared there, there were atleast 30-40 DXRacer chairs in there, i just got one a few weeks ago cost me $300+ really good investment though i could sleep on this chair.
I asked Tyler, and he told me the chair will be sold with the collector game !

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What was your overall impression of Kotal?
His Blood boost (fdb1) is BRUTAL ! You can get like +50% combo easy.

All his variations are great, his strings and pokes look ok, just one low move seen so far.
He just have a lake of good zoning, but his sunshine thing can heal himself against chip projectile and if you put in on your opponent it pushes him to move, and here you can run (his run is one of the fastest I've seen with LiuKang I guess).

His Jump in punch is huge.

My BnB : f2, f2, 11, EX db1, b1, db2. Around 43%. His other starter (probably to punish) is f1b2.

I like how work his levels tattoo in sun god. To get level 3, you need to command grab (db2) your opponent 3 times. You can take back meter destroying the shinning tattoo, and if you EX it, you can back some life (all depends of your tattoo level).

God War is also great but I don't know if it's make him stronger against zoning characters :/

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Thank you for your contribution! :D

I have some questions, if you know the answer:
- does the command grab chains in Sun God are breakable? Like Grundy...
- I see a move where Kotal seems to do the Ares' smash. Is it possibile to meter burn it and do something similar to Ares resets? It seems to work different.

And, for the Raiden user:
- does it play different from MK9? For example, does he have some low or overhead string to do more mix up?
- is it possible to do more combos in Thunder God variation beside the other two variations?

Hope to be clear! :D

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
@SaJa Im so interested in Kotal...questions:
-How does the parry works?
-In sun god, the benefits of command grab are still available for next rounds or you need to spend it in current round
-in god war , give your impresion about mancuahtl as a proyectile and as a footsies tool

Thank you :):)

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!

All his variations are great, his strings and pokes look ok, just one low move seen so far.
He just have a lake of good zoning, but his sunshine thing can heal himself against chip projectile and if you put in on your opponent it pushes him to move, and here you can run (his run is one of the fastest I've seen with LiuKang I guess).

My BnB : f2, f2, 11, EX db1, b1, db2. Around 43%. His other starter (probably to punish) is f1b2.

I like how work his levels tattoo in sun god. To get level 3, you need to command grab (db2) your opponent 3 times. You can take back meter destroying the shinning tattoo, and if you EX it, you can back some life (all depends of your tattoo level).

God War is also great but I don't know if it's make him stronger against zoning characters :/
Great stuff thanks Saja! Did you feel like the damage from his Sun God throw was too low? I wasn't expecting Grundy levels but it looked like his initial throw did 11% so unless it can be combo'd into that might be a little weak....

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Awesome. Can you tell a bit about Raiden? How different (or not) he felt compared to MK9? Im mostly interested in his Displacer variation.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Thank you for your contribution! :D

I have some questions, if you know the answer:
- does the command grab chains in Sun God are breakable? Like Grundy...
- I see a move where Kotal seems to do the Ares' smash. Is it possibile to meter burn it and do something similar to Ares resets? It seems to work different.

And, for the Raiden user:
- does it play different from MK9? For example, does he have some low or overhead string to do more mix up?
- is it possible to do more combos in Thunder God variation beside the other two variations?

Hope to be clear! :D
The first hit is breakable. And then the rest is automaticly done depends of your tatoos lightning.
The Ares sash is just a string overhead : b2.

You have similar mechanics playing Raiden. He has overhead, and from I remember he also has low @Tendoutense will answer you better than me about the god of thunder.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
@SaJa
-in god war , give your impresion about mancuahtl as a proyectile and as a footsies tool

Thank you :):)
God war is great ! The ground pound looks like he is going to throw his mancuahtl, and it's armored on EX.
He has a overhead special, (df2 if my memory's ok), so it's great for mixups !
The EX projectile mancuahtl is crazy and has a huuuuuge hitbox.

Everything can change btw guys. In some version some stuffs could link, and not in another so beware !

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose

Wait....that palm uppercut is a normal ?!?!?! F2?

Bruh.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Wait....that palm uppercut is a normal ?!?!?! F2?

Bruh.
Yep, you can't cancel it by a special (you'll need f1b2 to do so) but this normal is godlike :D

By the way, I've seen quickly Jason and Tanya in game on a developper screen and for those who are scared to see that ugly Tanya from the teaser, don't worry the skin is already upgraded. And she was P2 with black clothes.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaJa can kotal command grab be blocked? and as someone else asked, how does the parry work? thank you!
@SaJa to piggy back on this, is it the same in its armored form? I heard Kano's is blocked when normal and unblockable when EX. Is Kotal like this or is it different?

Can he block string into a connecting command grab as well?