What's new

Breakthrough - Kano FINALLY, The Kano Community Speaks Up. Save Kano's Relevance With Needed Fixes And Reasonable Buffs

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Kano just needs to be CONSISTENT. Kano is already a demanding fighter in terms of skill but as of this moment he just lacks consistency. He doesn't need buffs just tweaks. The Eye laser needs to be tweaked. Even offline timing is very important to extend your combos. I mean if you input just a few frames too late it gets dropped. Also the gap it creates after use on certain of his important strings make this even more annoying. It just doesnt feel like a consistent tool to use.

I dont ask for + frames or + strings. I just want to reliably execute my combos as well as use my tools effectively without whiffing. It's stuff like the video we need - not some buffs making Kano another 50/50 reset character or some shit. Some more active frames would be so good for consistency. I've been practicing it a lot but I fail more than I want to still. It wouldnt hurt at all. Not a ton of frames so that he can get a free jump in - just so we can get in range for reliably hitting our strings. Thats all he needs.

We already have a character with some very good tools. Just that little tip of consistency is what I need.

Kano just needs to be CONSISTENT. Kano is already a demanding fighter in terms of skill but as of this moment he just lacks consistency. He doesn't need buffs just tweaks. The Eye laser needs to be tweaked. Even offline timing is very important to extend your combos. I mean if you input just a few frames too late it gets dropped. Also the gap it creates after use on certain of his important strings make this even more annoying. It just doesnt feel like a consistent tool to use. One thing that would be nice is a bit more leniency on a cancelled kano ball into a jump in combo, that would really help commandos damage output. I'm not saying making easy, just not just frame hard, especially online.

I dont ask for + frames or + strings. I just want to reliably execute my combos as well as use my tools effectively without whiffing. It's stuff like the video we need - not some buffs making Kano another 50/50 reset character or some shit. Some more active frames would be so good for consistency. I've been practicing it a lot but I fail more than I want to still. It wouldnt hurt at all. Not a ton of frames so that he can get a free jump in - just so we can get in range for reliably hitting our strings. Thats all he needs.

We already have a character with some very good tools. Just that little tip of consistency is what I need.
I and I'm sure the majority will also agree on the key word here: tweaks.
Kano is fundamentally rounded, he generally has something good in each department, just nothing GREAT. I don't know if you read my post about how I feel can should be tweaked a few posts ago but I feel they would make him a more reliable character. The improved reset in cybernetic will not turn him into a 50/50 reset character as he doesn't and won't ever have an overhead added to his arsenal. It will however improve his pressure which is something kano is supposed to do

Some leniency on his cancelled kano ball into a jump in to carry on the combo would be nice as it would buff his commando damage. I'm Not saying to make it easy, just not just frame difficulty

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Some leniency on his cancelled kano ball into a jump in to carry on the combo would be nice as it would buff his commando damage. I'm Not saying to make it easy, just not just frame difficulty
I noticed that JI1 works better against larger(generally male) hitboxes, while JI2 works better against those smaller hitboxes.YMMV of course, but this is the conclusion I've come to.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I think AA laser should have like 4 frame start-up and make it recover too quickly to be whiff punished on reaction at jump distance and also give it a bigger hitbox. Make it just hit the opponent in a way that they are just rendered in a juggle state so you can follow up with run cancel b1-loop combo for something like 25%-28% meterless. In the context of MK X I don't think this would be over-the-top dirty.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
There are some really dumb buffs being thrown around in here. It's honestly very simple, this is all he needs:

Cutthroat: just a slight extension on his b1 to around what reptiles overhead is.

Cyber: make knives +10-12 and make his aa laser have longer reach and reduce recovery

Commando:
He needs a variation specific launching string for punishes. He is very good at setting up baits with his command throws/ normal mixups but gets a very crappy punishes. When I play him I just play unsafe because I know he will at most get a 28% punish with one bar.

Honestly, I say un-nerf him and return him to original design. The meta has caught up and advanced enough he would no longer seem overpowered being so safe on everything. Never happen though, but I really think this is "what's missing" cause he was designed a certain way and the nerfs kinda undermined his entire existence. He really wasn't overpowered, it was just early in the game.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
In hindsight B1 did get changed a lot. I was one of the ones sayings early on that it wasn't really THAT different to our pressure, but I was completely bad and wrong. It is SUCH a different move now then it was on release.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Eh, I dont mind either way. At first the 4 frame swing ticked me off, but I've since accepted it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There are some really dumb buffs being thrown around in here. It's honestly very simple, this is all he needs:

Cutthroat: just a slight extension on his b1 to around what reptiles overhead is.

Cyber: make knives +10-12 and make his aa laser have longer reach and reduce recovery

Commando:
He needs a variation specific launching string for punishes. He is very good at setting up baits with his command throws/ normal mixups but gets a very crappy punishes. When I play him I just play unsafe because I know he will at most get a 28% punish with one bar.
> "There are some really dumb buffs being thrown around in here."

> Suggests a launching string for punishes when Commando can already launch them with NJP after his fastest punisher cancelled into EX Ball Cancel.

Does anyone here consider B1 a good anti air? B1 (aa), B1, B1, B1, B1, B13 xx command throw does 28-30%. if not what are other people using?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Does anyone here consider B1 a good anti air? B1 (aa), B1, B1, B1, B1, B13 xx command throw does 28-30%. if not what are other people using?
If you're talking about Cybernetic and Commando's B1 then hell yes, if you're talking about Cutthroat's then you're weird.

Edit: Good point Ando. Yes ShredMinor B1 is godlike, we've been using it and sexually admiring it since day 1 #Kreygasm

Last edited:
He did say command throw, so I think he meant commando.
Yeah sorry I meant commando, haha yeah I love B1, I've found its active for quite a little bit too, things like blocking erron blacks slide, hitting B1 and it completely missing and then connecting a bit after his elbow has already been extended and erron starts making his way up he gets a knife to the face, that's what I like to see.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
> "There are some really dumb buffs being thrown around in here."

> Suggests a launching string for punishes when Commando can already launch them with NJP after his fastest punisher cancelled into EX Ball Cancel.
I'm done arguing with you. I think it's more than clear that 99% of the Kano community thinks you are a fool.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Has @SaltShaker Forsaken us(Specifically me)?

Granted, I can't blame him. I've sitting here working on Crunchy while he's probably playing Tanya
I know my bad my bad. I've actually shamelessly played more hours this weekend than I would ever admit. I meant to make the update today but blew too many hours playing and leveling. I've started playing Kano again a lot more so I had to all but erase any rust. I'll for sure update asap and make the part two of Ando's anti top tier tech for Kano specifically.

Also, HQT is the new direction now. A literal upgraded version of Cyber Kano. :DOGE

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I know my bad my bad. I've actually shamelessly played more hours this weekend than I would ever admit. I meant to make the update today but blew too many hours playing and leveling. I've started playing Kano again a lot more so I had to all but erase any rust. I'll for sure update asap and make the part two of Ando's anti top tier tech for Kano specifically.

Also, HQT is the new direction now. A literal upgraded version of Cyber Kano. :DOGE
I cannot bring myself to play a guest character. Unless that Guest character is John "Stryker" Cena. Then there would be no odds I couldn't overcome!

In the mean time, I'll have to stick with my Triumverate of Kano/Quan Chi/Jax. Too bad my jax is awful

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Everyone follow me to the promise land (hqt predator) we will much happier there
When you were saying how good you think HQT Predator might be, I was initially a little skeptical. Now? I 100% agree. This truly is the promise land we have all heard of so often.

I cannot bring myself to play a guest character. Unless that Guest character is John "Stryker" Cena. Then there would be no odds I couldn't overcome!

In the mean time, I'll have to stick with my Triumverate of Kano/Quan Chi/Jax. Too bad my jax is awful
Please don't tell me you're a John Cena fan lol. That would change everything!