What's new

Finalizing the Injustice: GAU Rule Set for Evo 2014 - 3/5 for the Top 8 may be an option if...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Even though Evolution is still a good ways off, that's the idea for registration... do it earlier and get yourself covered. Today when KitanaPrime was registering, he brought the current Injustice: Gods Among Us rules to our attention. From here, we've gotten in to a community discussion with EVO's MrWizard regarding the rules. He stated that he is able to change the rules to whatever the community agrees to. The rules below are the rules that were used for last year.

However, the next big thing is what we've been inching towards for a long time... 3/5. Now, we can't get too excited about this because MrWizard has made it clear that 3/5 is not an option due to time it would take. Although, it may be a possibility...

Kitana Prime said:
If 3/5 is absolutely not an option, does that mean the entirety of the tournament?
Is there any possibility of 3/5 for Top 8?
MrWizard said:
We can definitely look into it, like if the next 3 big tournaments NCR, UFGTX, and CEO are all around 65 minutes, then we can change it, but you have to remember, players at Evo tend to play more defensively since more is on the line.
injevo.jpg

Directly from Evo's site: http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Rules updated*
INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US
  • Game version: US Xbox 360
  • Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Games
  • Button checks are done with the character you are choosing. After button check, hit rematch.
  • Losing player can change characters, which results in the stage being double randomed again.
  • Losing player can keep character and elect to double random stage for next match.
Source: @Kitana Prime 's thread

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm game for 3/5. We did it after EVO last year after having the shortest streamed top 8 and after it was successful for us we got away from it for reason unknown. I'd love to see it again. It gives the players time to settle in and expose randomness.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This shouldn't even be a discussion by now.

DEFINITELY 3/5. If it's just for Top 8, fine, but if we can get it to cover more of the tournament it'd be awesome.

3/5 top 16 for Injustice is definitely way way faster than 3/5 Top 8 Tekken.
Average Injustice matches definitely hang somewhere between the length of typical UMVC3 matches and SF4 matches.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
No double random on stages?
EVO TOs apparently not watching enough Injustice streams.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
How is it so hard for tournaments to be 3/5? Can we start getting this for locals? Or at least for losers/winners/GF?

If we start making this the norm on lower levels it will start being the norm for tournaments, majors, etc and by the time EVO comes around it'll be a no-brainer.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Guys, Evo changed the ruleset before this thread was even started. In the thread Kitana Prime asked about the rules and 3/5, Mr Wizard said they were using the rules from last year and immediately changed them to the rule set we use now. The OP just didn't check and update. If you bothered to click the link to the rules in the OP you would see that they are different from what the OP posted in this thread.

• Button checks are done with the character you are choosing. After button check, hit rematch.
  • Losing player can change characters, which results in the stage being double randomed again.
  • Losing player can keep character and elect to double random stage for next match.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Guys, Evo changed the ruleset before this thread was even started. In the thread Kitana Prime asked about the rules and 3/5, Mr Wizard said they were using the rules from last year and immediately changed them to the rule set we use now. The OP just didn't check and update. If you bothered to click the link to the rules in the OP you would see that they are different from what the OP posted in this thread.

This. Please read guys. Or next time, make it infintely more clear that my thread holds the answers.