What's new

"Final" UMK3 Tier List before UMK3:TE?

dubson

Noob
Yeah, I bet there's tons of people shelling out $250 so that they can be on top of a leaderboard. :rolleyes:

And believe what you want, it doesn't matter to me. The evidence is there for all to see, if you want to be Ancient Aliens about it go ahead.

Anywhozle, have fun playing his notorious Kitana and NW....... #Kappa.
You would be surprised. I know more guys on there doing that than you would would believe.

That is no evidence, I shut it down. His either crashed or he sold his system. There was a short period of months where he wasn't online. He acquired another one, or that receipt isn't his. He has been active on PSN for Years. There is more readily available high level komp on PSN than any other platform, so that's why he is back :)

Like I said, I have messages for you and I know his voice. LOL. If that isn't enough proof for you, your being even more ridiculous.

GL to you against him too.

Last edited:

REO

Undead
I wouldn't take offense to people proving how great a player is by using your name, win or lose. Thats all he was doing, and there wasn't anything else hidden behind it. Its not the same statement as "he is better than you, or he is better than you because he has once beat you". It was simply a credit to both of you, and a public record that he has beat you once. Everyone loses man.

Wednesday implied that he wasn't good, but it was apparently sarcasm (I obviously didn't catch it either). Good ol sarcasm on the ol internet…

There is nothing else to look into in that statement...
Yeah, but I don't understand why someone would need to mention Bass beating a player nearly five years ago as a reason he's good in UMK:3 right now.

How about the fact that Bass hasn't lost a FT10 or FT20 against any player in nearly two years? That is what people should be talking about. I think Bass currently is the best vanilla UMK:3 player. And that the only person that has a shot at beating him in a FT10 or FT20 against his Kabal is possibly me with Milena, or a very good H.Smoke or Kabal player.

If any of you don't believe me, go ahead and challenge Bass to a FT10 or FT20 and have him record. He is one of the very FEW players that knows how to exploit and use glitch jabs properly. He understands the game's BS at the core.

I'd like to also do a Mileena vs his Kabal exhibition one of these days (preferably before TE is released) as long as we can have Mileena unlocked. I look forward to seeing any and all matches issued against Bass. I would even like to host some of them on my Blood Bath Kombat series stream event which would be great for many players to see as it would get some UMK:3 hype going.

dubson

Noob
It had nothing to do with the time, and everything to do with the player mentioned (you). Your overlooking his point….

I am a very good H Smoke and Kabal player. I am very good with every character. I've beat his Kabal with characters you would not even believe man. And my Kabal or Smoke against his, its a toss up. If I counter his Kabal with Kabal or NightWolf, he usually picks a different character. I would also debate that my Jade may do better against his Kabal than your Mileena. Has nothing to do with you or me, just my opinion of the match-up. Would be interesting to see, and back to our debate. I know who can compete with him. I've played him a billion times. Yes, he is one of the best, I don't dispute that. But the guy is a huge liar, I am sorry.

You think its just a coincidence I know his style? voice? personal information? best fighters?

Known the guy for years.

Last edited:

nwo

Noob
Because I don't think any of you guys have ever played against Glitch Jabs, at least not on the level that Bass uses them. He's probably the best Glitch Jabber aside from Marv in the entire US of A. Like I said, he's the best Kabal this side of the Mississippi. ;)
Mrigotbass was the main person I played against for the majority of 2013 as well as most of this year. I know about glitch jabs dude, mrigotbass even says that there's a level above glitch jabs.

dubson

Noob
The guy is a great player, it would be nice if he posted here. Its just a freakin' game. That we all love.

Would be nice to get his input for the sake of the GAME. Thats why I always try to get people to join here and just be friends. Its a game. I love the GAME. Win or lose. It's all about who you can play it with too, and of course the more the merrier. I admit we all can let our passion get the best of us, were all guilty of it. Most of us posting about this game still and this thread have obviously put work in and have great passion and respect for this game and that should never be disrespected in regard to a game that you love and support. But if you have to hold grudges or take things personally over a game its just ridiculous.

When is your stream REO? I think it would be Sick if we can set something up for my jade vs. BASS kabal FT10, and your mileena vs. his kabal FT10. Would be great for the game…. Me vs. Juggs too, we have always been great rivals.

And with UMK3TE and MKX koming out, MK is BIGGER THAN EVER. It is that much more important for us to stick together and display this game at high levels to the public and new MK fans as much as possible. I'm always willing to do my part and anything possible to kontribute and kontinue the life of old school MK

Also, to all the claims that Bass is all these hidden accounts, he wanted to prove his innocence:

11/13/14, so this infinite number and whoever else is not even him. You all lose at the very least 1 point in claim accuracy.
What does this prove?? Lol he's had a PS3 long before that. UMKBANNED4LIFE and photophobia.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
@nwo I wasn't talking about you, I know you used to play him. Turkey.

And there is a level above glitch jabs, but most people aren't even on the level of glitch jabs. There's less people I can count on one hand that I know of that are proficient at both using and beating Glitch Jabs at the highest level, in America. In fact, there's 6 I can think of, and 2 of them no longer play. This isn't to say players like you @nwo or others do not know how to GJ at high levels or beat a high level GJ'er, but I've never played or seen @nwo play against them, as well as others, so I wouldn't really know. But I doubt it, and that's not me being arrogant, I just simply doubt it. You guys are all free to prove me wrong, and that is just what I've been waiting for.

A lot of you do not like what I've said in this thread, and some of you have taken it personal and now every time I post you automatically think I have some kind of malicious intent. @dubson and I have been rivals since 2007, and we were once good friends. I'm not saying we aren't friends now, but I haven't talked to him since 2008 until recently, so we are not as good friends as we used to be. But even he thought I was mad or was taking it personal too, but this isn't the case. I love every single UMK3 player, I may not like you though, lol. Anyone who shares passion for the same game as I do, can't be all bad in my book.

That said, I'm not one to be humble when someone is questioning my skill. I'm not going to just go around saying I'm great for no reason, but if someone challenges me or my skill, I'll be the cockiest person you ever met. Because I personally believe it makes it more exciting and get people who don't even play the game interested in what is going on. I have no problem being transparent about that aspect.

When I say "I'm confident against anyone in the USA in a ft10", a lot of people don't like that statement. It's arrogant and many many people would think it's untrue. The players who have played me at my best, know how good I am. And @dubson has no clue how good I am. We were on the same level back in 2008, we are no longer anywhere close to the same level. I could be wrong, of course, but I've been playing since 2008, from what I know, he has not. He has been playing more recently that I have, but my game leveled up so much since 2008 that I've been PRAYING the old good XBL players would come back so I could prove myself to them. I was not liked back in the day because I was overly arrogant, surprised right? But the difference back then was that I was not good, I was arrogant when I shouldn't have been. And I was an immature scrub to boot, so I trolled a lot and not many were fans of ole Phoenix.

@MKK hanzo posted a link to David Sirlin's "Playing to win" book online, and it completely changed the way I thought about competitive gaming. I had no clue my mentality was hold me back as a player, and even as a person if you can believe that. I learned to take responsibility for my losses, and to stop blaming my losses on lag or other excuses. Hence where my motto came from, "lose without excuses". I became much more humble, and just played people. I stopped seeking approval, and stopped saying I was great. And I no longer had to, people would for me. So many times over the past 4 years I get random messages or invites from people who have seen my videos or heard about me and wanted to play me. I have no problem playing people, but people would hide behind accounts trying to beat me once then brag about it, so I stopped accepting challenges from random people.

This past year I lost interest with UMK3. It just wasn't as fun anymore and not many of the great players still played. So I literally stopped playing, then news of UMK3:TE came out, and it got me hyped for UMK3 again. I lost a lot of my ability in 1 year of not playing, and I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be. But I'm still good enough, and that's all that matters. I still haven't played vanilla UMK3 in like 3 months, but with some practice I'll shake the rust off, I mean, I have been playing TE so I'm not super rusty.

This has been a retardedly long post, lmao. I just feel a lot of people are getting such a negative image of me because of this thread, and for me it's nothing personal. I just want people to get fired up, and over the years being humble got SUPER boring, for me and my opponents. SO I said fuck it once @dubson mentioned us playing in 2008, and just blew it up, lol.

Okay... /end rant.

REO

Undead
It had nothing to do with the time, and everything to do with the player mentioned (you). Your overlooking his point….
This makes no sense as back then I was just your standard above average player in UMK3 who just started playing. I literally had no accomplishments or did anything in UMK3 back then. At that time I was considered a very high level player for MK:A and MKvsDCU which had nothing to do with UMK3, lol.

I didn't become well known or respected until MK:9 was released two years later.

You can't beat someone back when they were a nobody and then when that specific player becomes a "somebody" years later down the road (in different games, too), use the feat of beating them way back down memory lane as a high feat.

It just looks foolish and makes little to no sense.

dubson

Noob
This makes no sense as back then I was just your standard above average player in UMK3 who just started playing. I literally had no accomplishments or did anything in UMK3 back then. At that time I was considered a very high level player for MK:A and MKvsDCU which had nothing to do with UMK3, lol.

I didn't become well known or respected until MK:9 was released two years later.

You can't beat someone back when they were a nobody and then when that specific player becomes a "somebody" years later down the road (in different games, too), use the feat of beating them way back down memory lane as a high feat.

It just looks foolish and makes little to no sense.
Bro. The only one who said you were average back then was YOU. Jason and I assumed you were just as good back then. To be fair, we don't know much about you at all. OK? IT WAS A COMPLIMENT.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What was this all about then? I don't understand...
There's hardly anyone in the States that use Glitch Jabs proficiently or is proficient at beating them when used by a high level player. This is not my opinion, there just isn't very many. Hence why I said most people aren't on the level of GJ's, and definitely not above it. Understand?

dubson

Noob
When you say were not on the same level, what are you assuming, someone got worse? Players usually only progress, not digress in a video game (has little to do with physical skill opposed to mental skill) as long as you keep playing, at least periodically.

The thing is, I have never really quit. Noone like us ever really quits. Not for long…. Also, I went on a MK2 binge for a while when I first got a PS3... I rotate all of the MK's but I never quit any. I am professional in all of the old MK's. I was playing UMK3 on actively online on MAME at that time after I sold my 360. With MKAK, its like a blessing to someone like me. I can play them all so conveniently, online.

Also, I have been playing UMK3 since the day it came out man, in the arcade… not 2006-08, like you…. I am a first generation MK player man.

Listen, were always going to be boys. This argument is no worse than some of the others we have had so, it may just look a little crazy to these guys that don't know us as long but its nothing you and I are not used to thats for sure, and we both have some of the thickest skin on this site so.

Your right, it was wrong of me to mention any matches older than a year. I take blame for that. That is fair.

This is about Mileena and Jade, and tier list, though. I'm just glad this thread got this many UMK3 VETs/PROs talking again, seriously! Before this thread, the UMK3 section was a ghost town. Especially in comparison to the MK2 section...

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
When you say were not on the same level, what are you assuming, someone got worse? Players usually only progress, not digress in a video game that has little to do with physical skill opposed to mental skill.
No, I'm saying I got better than I was in 2008 by playing good players. And playing in a tournament offline levels you up like nothing else, it's awesome.

This is about Mileena and Jade, and tier list, though. I'm just glad this thread got this many UMK3 VETs/PROs talking again, seriously. Before this thread, the UMK3 section was a ghost town. Especially in comparison to the MK2 section...
Yeah not many care about UMK3 anymore. And people outside of UMK3 have seen this thread too, I tweeted it out and got it RT'd by people in the FGC that aren't even MK players, that's one of the reasons there's over 3k views for it currently.

And yeah, I still say Mileena is severely underrated. I don't think she's necessarily top 10 like REO, but she's at WORST 15th, imo.

dubson

Noob
No, I'm saying I got better than I was in 2008 by playing good players. And playing in a tournament offline levels you up like nothing else, it's awesome.
Ah, yeah your absolutely right. Yes, it does. I got to play the legendary MOE offline in Arcade casuals in Chicago and the experience was godly. But I play a lot of very Top Level players on PSN and have ever since MKAK came to PS3, so I have never quit playing at a high level. I've also pretty much played every player you have… can't think of many I haven't. But I have faced many that you haven't.

All I meant by my first statement was simply that you were not known for your Jade or Mileena, THAT WAS ALL I MEANT BY IT. It was in no way directed at your skill which was unfortunately how you took it… you simply didn't play those characters when I did. Actually, we played a pretty different group of characters in the game at that time and your right, preferred characters and match-ups may absolutely be completely different now.

I simply wanted Hanzo and some top mileena's to give some more direct points...

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Ah, yeah your absolutely right. Yes, it does. I got to play the legendary MOE offline in Arcade casuals in Chicago and the experience was godly. But I play a lot of very Top Level players on PSN and have ever since MKAK came to PS3, so I have never quit playing at a high level.
So MOE is much better at UMK3 than MK2 right?
Always heard he was this legendary arcade-only player.
But my friend MK2_Divine who is a ps3 player, trained with me for a month on a joystick, and then whooped MOE at the Galloping Ghost MK2 tournament earlier this year.

@R.E.O. yes it was a compliment. I didn't know you were "new" to UMK3 then.
I watched the video, your Kabal was no noob- looked nearly as good as his.
If someone posted a video beating me in MK2 in 2011, I would be honored.
Sure I wasn't as good as today, but I was still known enough for it to be a compliment.
When I streaked your Mileena in MK2, you were probably "new" to it.
But you were still very high level.
And after all those matches with me, you went and beat @DavidGEM in an offline tournament.

@dubson I really don't think MrIGotBass is Infinite-Number.
I used to play Infinite years ago when we were both worse at it.
I destroyed Infinite a few times then, and I sucked.
But he's gotten much better now. He also went from being cool to being a huge troll.
So that's probably why we got him mixed up with MrIGotBass.

nwo

Noob
@dubson I really don't think MrIGotBass is Infinite-Number.
I used to play Infinite years ago when we were both worse at it.
I destroyed Infinite a few times then, and I sucked.
But he's gotten much better now. He also went from being cool to being a huge troll.
So that's probably why we got him mixed up with MrIGotBass.
Infinite-Number was one of the first few players I came across on MKAK before I was even really set up. It's not mrigotbass, and you're right he's a troll and I had to block him just for spamming my inbox non stop. He got babied at least 5x in a very short period, but he might have even got me close to that. I think he was in disbelief that someone could do that to his Kitana.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I used to be friends with infinite number on psn. He always used to talk about wanting to set up kaillera. Seems to me that someone like mr igotbass would already know how to do so

dubson

Noob
He has a billion accounts, it may not be infinite number thats just one guy. i have arguments with a guy who is literally the same guy on a billion accounts and plays just like him. Same ol Kabal

I really don't care if it is, I really don't know the guy and haven't played who I know for sure is Bass since XBL days. I remember too se we can discuss it if he wants or gets the chance. I don't know the infinite number guy either for anything, just assumed because of his name… I don't wanna put his information out there if it is or not, it doesn't matter. The guy is great, would be nice if he posted here… wish he did. Wish more did

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
Yeah your probably right, and yeah the guy sure is good with Kitana, really damn good

And yeah MOE was a legendary UMK3 player in the arcade days. He will only play on cab. He plays all MK games though, and is very good at all of them.

Also, you really don't give yourself enough credit for how good you were at UMK3 naturally with your MK2 skill and background… that goes a long way with just winning, before anything, a strong fundamental foundation of the game over combos, moves and everything else. So be fair with that….

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
@R.E.O. , you need to get me on the stream with TE, I would like to run a set with you all random, 2v2 if you like, to showcase UMK3TE.

@9.95 is working with me to get it set up on Mac (if we can make it work) and I am trying to get a PC

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
REO, you need to get me on the stream with TE, I would like to run a set with you all random, 2v2 if you like, to showcase UMK3TE.
@R.E.O. can't just share the hack with whoever he wants. @Juggs was given permission to test.

When the first beta is released for NEC next week, you can stream all you want!