What's new

Strategy Feel The Wraith! - Zod Trait Set Ups

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Discuss Wraith Trait set-ups here.

Summoning Wraith after 123 ender = good idea

Update 7/4/13
Zogyark Credits to Zogyark.
Summon Wraith after combo for overhead grab or ground laser mix-up.

Wasted

Noob
I haven't figured out a single good way. It's just far too slow to actually come out - people wake up and can already close on me before the demon comes on screen.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
123 seems to me, until now, the best way to set up us the bomb...I mean, the best set up for trait. :rolleyes:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Best setup I have so far is ending combos with BF3. There's a ton of hit advantage and youll get out trait before your opponent stands up. You can the. Go into zoning shenanigans.

Face it...the trait only stays out for 4 seconds. Its fucking useless.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Trait is FAR from useless, imo. It CAN, though it has yet to be discovered, set up unblockables. I'm confident tech will be found for this...
I believe Noobie has posted about the chargeable Ground Blast which is made comboable with the Trait grab, so there are more uses that Generals have yet to strategize...

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read on this site.

unblockables aren't possible with Zod's trait but rather has good mix up potential when combined with ground laser.

But who cares, if Zod gets trait out you can do nothing but walk backwards until it goes away. Literally nothing.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read on this site.

unblockables aren't possible with Zod's trait but rather has good mix up potential when combined with ground laser.

But who cares, if Zod gets trait out you can do nothing but walk backwards until it goes away. Literally nothing.

Time will tell. Being able to block ground laser on reaction seems to take away his distance options, and it takes him 1-2 seconds to get in and try 1 mix up. That's IF he can get the damn thing out.

It's early, and I understand that...but prove me wrong!

Not saying Zod is bad at all...just that the trait feels like a gimmick. It allows you a chance to reset, not much more.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
What to do when you have trait active from full screen and the opponent doesn't wanna crouch or jump?

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
i usually use trait after f213 then i immediately do MB far ground lasers or the overhead grab, pretty good 50/50 from about 3/4 screen

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If anything his trait is there to slowly push you back to a distance. Which is where he wants you. At full screen forget trying to move.

Lol.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
What to do when you have trait active from full screen and the opponent doesn't wanna crouch or jump?

Hi Panda-kun :) Won't work at fullscreen unless you charge the db2u fully. If they don't wanna move then take your free chip. Mashing out trait slaps prevents all jumping. Trait and db2 both do 1.63% chip.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
so far ive found 1121+3 to be the best setup, dash in for the 50/50

Best setup I have so far is ending combos with BF3. There's a ton of hit advantage and youll get out trait before your opponent stands up. You can the. Go into zoning shenanigans.

USELESS USELESS!??????????When trait is active the opponent is struck where he is he can't move he can't do anything, Zod charge becomes safe you have all the time in this world to setup an air forceball .You can MB laser beam or just charge the normal laser then bite and combo, you can cancel the laser and go with a SAFE charge, he's forced to stand because of the bite so use your guns WHILE the wraith beats the fuck out of him or rush him if he's close enought.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
You can combo into the demons grab after a rifle blast. I was messing around with f21u2,rb, trait grab, b3, j2, 112,bf3mb -ish combos. Not very practical because you have to launch the combo within the 4 second window you have demon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
123 seems to me, until now, the best way to set up us the bomb...I mean, the best set up for trait. :rolleyes:
Ever notice how Somebody Setup Us The Bomb in reverse is Bomb The US Upset Somebody?

Anyway, b12 gives a safe summon. Blanking on the name of the dude who told me that but it does seem to work.

Outside of that you need a hard knockdown from somewhere.

Anyway, for the most part I think trait combos are impractical, but cool if you can get them. Since you can't trait up inside of a combo, you're not going to achieve too much. And you'll be obvious. But b12~trait does leave you in a spot to attempt to land an f21 combo or a Wraith Bite launch.

Thinking it's best to use trait to either amp up your zoning or for suppression while you do dumb shit in close. Even though this is mostly about set-ups I just wanted to get that out there.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Personally, I'm a fan of cutting combos short for the sake of setups. My suggestion is b2 3 d2 j2 Kryptonian Laser, and as they fall, summon wraith. Reasons for thinking so are mainly because 1, b2 3 is an excellent neutral tool, but scales combos a tad. 2, doing cancels in this manner can be hazardous if you do it from muscle memory, 3 b2 3 is positive on block anyways with no special cancels at that point, so you essentially have no risk. Downside is they can roll on you, but you have a decent amount of time to do stuff. I don't know, anyone agree with me?

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I've been doing 2-2-1+2 then trait grab for a good mix-up. Also Back-3 then trait follow up by a Forward-3 is a nice setup as well. After the F3 you can do anything.

I use b1, 2 into summoning the wraith. The b1, 2 leaves the opponent in super-stun like Shazam's f2, 2 (slow punch into "SHAZAM" zap) if you've ever seen that. They're just woozy and wiggling around for a good second. Perfect time to do it. From there, use a 50/50 into a trait combo.

I've only played with him in training mode, but couldn't you do instant air slow ball from full screen? that thing stays out for days and you can run circles around it to get in. Or set up demon, I suppose.