What's new

[Feb 9, 2013] Starland Scuffle (Chantilly, VA)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
http://www.wehitbuttons.com/starland-scuffle/
http://www.facebook.com/events/324109727693705/

WHB welcomes you to joins us in our first event at our new location, the eStarland in Chantilly, VA! With a 1500 square foot venue attached to their massive gaming store it’s the perfect spot to host a tournament. And if you feel like browsing they have everything from old school NES consoles/games to the latest releases as well as more memorabilia and collectibles than you can shake a fight stick at!

- GAMES -
Mortal Kombat 9
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

- FEES -
Venue: $10 for players, FREE for spectators
Tournament: $10 per tournament

- FORMAT -
Double Elimination
Best 3 of 5 for Winner/Loser/Grand Finals
Best 2 of 3 for all other rounds

- PAYOUT -
70 / 20 / 10 Split

- SCHEDULE -
10:00am - Doors open
12:00pm - Mortal Kombat 9 Bracket Starts
2:00pm - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Bracket Starts
4:00pm - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Bracket Starts
7:30pm - Doors close

---------------------------

For those unfamiliar with the area there are tons of places to eat extremely close to the venue. Right across the street there are multiple “Mom and Pop” Cafes and Asian restaurants. Within half a mile you’ll find Hooters, Wendy’s, Burger King, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Chic-Fil-A and Arby’s. Within 1 mile you’ve got Subway, Pizza Hut, Anita’s Mexican Restaurant, KFC, IHOP, Noodles and Company, Ruby Tuesdays, Jersey Mikes, Famous Dave’s, Red Robin, Chipotle, Five Guys, Quiznos and numerous other “Mom and Pop” shops ranging from Thai to Afghani to Italian. Whatever craving you have, it can almost certainly be filled near the venue!

Hey guys, this is a bit of a drive for my crew of 3. What are you expecting the turnout to be? We were planning on going to Charlotte this weekend but then we saw this and we are deciding where to go. Also how long do you think it'll last? lots of questions I apologize....
N0rdicNinja

astronout

see you at the top.
Hey guys, this is a bit of a drive for my crew of 3. What are you expecting the turnout to be? We were planning on going to Charlotte this weekend but then we saw this and we are deciding where to go. Also how long do you think it'll last? lots of questions I apologize....
N0rdicNinja
depending on how many people show up, tournament shouldn't last more than 2-3hrs

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Im gonna whiff the heck out of this, being my first tourny, but hey gotta get some exp. one way or another.

Hey guys we will be driving a long way very early in the a.m. id hate to be late and not get in the bracket. We should be able to make it in time but id like to have a phone number to call/text on case the three of us run late. Can anyone pm me a number?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Just discovered the wife has an doc appt. and IM not left watching kids that day she won't make it back unti about 11 and its gonna take close to an hour to make it there so I may just have to miss on this one

Fangoria19

Groovy
Hey guys we will be driving a long way very early in the a.m. id hate to be late and not get in the bracket. We should be able to make it in time but id like to have a phone number to call/text on case the three of us run late. Can anyone pm me a number?
Where in WV are you based out of, out of curiosity?

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
I won't be making this event =(

Did however pick the game back up, and plan on coming to future events, especially if Injustice starts to appear in the line up.