What's new

[Feb 28, 2014] BLU PLANET KOMBAT #4[Friday] + JUDGMENT DAY MONTHLY [Saturday] (MASSAPEQUA)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Tonight at Blu Planet Kombat we have the following:
@RapZiLLa54
@Mikemetroid
@Ray Riazy
@R.E.O.
@Insuperable
@9.95
@Edfig81
@IcyTomb
@pherleece

Big weekend for the Blu Planet Venue as we have the 4th weekly session this Friday and the 2nd monthly Judgment Day Saturday. Back to back days, 14 total hours to ensure you evolve to the next level! If you're in the Tri-State Area, you don't want to miss this!

Tournament Schedule: Friday Night 2-28-14
  • 7pm-9 pm Casuals (Injustice, Mk9, MKT, KI3)
  • 9pm-12am Injustice Round Robin
There will be a $5 venue fee and we'll leave it up to the players on whether or not they'd like to put money on the line for the tournaments. Our tournaments will feature round robin format giving our players the most bang for their buck! Casuals will be available throughout the entire night.

Someone please beat @R.E.O. this week. Hes gone back to back weeks undefeated!!!!
---

Tournament Schedule: Saturday Night 3-01-14
  • $10 Venue Fee
  • Casuals will start at 4 pm
  • Killer Instinct $5 Entry Fee / MKT Free Entry will start at 6pm
  • Mk9 will start at 7pm $5 Entry Fee
  • Injustice will start at 8pm $10 Entry Fee
  • For complete details ***Click Here***
For anyone coming to BPK this Friday you're more than welcome to crash at my place to save time and money if you're coming to Judgment Day the next day!

Blu Planet Comics is across from the Massapequa LIRR station and has free parking at the Library the block over on New York Ave.

Pub and Grill across the street along with a pizza place a block away!

Both Events Streamed @9.95 http://www.twitch.tv/995phil

Last edited:

REO

Undead
People should be more hype about this. I guess I'll list some big names:

MK:T
@R.E.O.
@Shock
@9.95
@Mikemetroid
@AC1984

MK9
@R.E.O.
@G4S Claude VonStroke
@AC1984
@Mikemetroid

Injustice
@R.E.O.
@Grr
@7L
@Tom Brady
@RG Rico Suave
@KDZ
@DarthArma
@Frantastic23

Killer Instinct
@RG Rico Suave
@G4S KT Smith
@The person who won the first tournament for KI
No mention of yourself for MK9? You just think you're that much better than us, huh?

Edit: This tourney is looking more stacked than I thought. o.o

Noob
I just received my new order of arcade stick parts for the second n64 stick, so as long as everything goes well, I'll have 2 arcade sticks for this weekend!!!

Reactions: REO

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I already know Rico will be at SCR so no chances hes coming to this lol and 7L unfortunately has work.

Maannn I'd love to see @AC1984 come down for MKT and Mk9

I get no love for Mk9? I almost beat @Insuperable until he went super lame and picked Cyrax lol

Noob
I'll only play MKT if I can use 3x Sindel
I have a special controller for you to use as well. It's a rare Naki Universal Rocker Pad, which is compatible with PS1/2 and N64 and is in the shape of a Playstation pad.

Also, if MKT is Free, why not take time this week to learn some basics on 2 other characters you like or think are strong (you can always ask myself and @R.E.O. ) like Nightwolf or Kabal...(both of these characters are easier to learn and have good damage output)

REO

Undead
I have a special controller for you to use as well. It's a rare Naki Universal Rocker Pad, which is compatible with PS1/2 and N64 and is in the shape of a Playstation pad.

Also, if MKT is Free, why not take time this week to learn some basics on 2 other characters you like or think are strong (you can always ask myself and @R.E.O. ) like Nightwolf or Kabal...(both of these characters are easier to learn and have good damage output)
I disagree on Kabal being easy to learn. The only thing easy about him is anti airing. His zoning is hard to learn.

I think the two easiest characters to learn are Nightwolf (like you said) and Johnny Cage.

Noob
I disagree on Kabal being easy to learn. The only thing easy about him is anti airing. His zoning is hard to learn.

I think the two easiest characters to learn are Nightwolf (like you said) and Johnny Cage.
Zoning is the hardest thing to learn, but his combos are fairly easy, damaging and his rushdown is good. Any mistake is a braindead punish...spin! LOL

That said, H. Smoke is also fairly easy to learn in terms of sheer damage output, but he's hard to learn in terms of footsies and forcing mistakes.

I have to agree regarding Cage though, because he can poke at you with pretty much any move...all he has to do is sneeze and it hits you.

With regards to @pherleece though, Sindel is a powerful character but IMO one of the more difficult to learn to use effectively.

Noob
Alright, we arm wrestle. Winner of the arm wrestle gets a 10 match advantage. FT20, ALL THE CUPCAKES + $20. Get on my hype level.
Fine, but it must be done OUTSIDE, and you must do it in Shorts and T-Shirt, in the cold, the 995Phil way! LOL