What's new

[Feb 16, 2013] COMICADE V (MN TOURNAMENT)

COMICADE V

For Salt & Glory.

When: Saturday, February 16, 2013.
Where: Twin City Comics, Columbia Heights, MN.
Discounts on store product changes monthly!
...Parking behind the venue or across the street in the open lot.
Food and drink available at the venue or within walking distance.

Sponsored by:
Games N Go (gamesngoonline.com)
Twin City Comics (twincitycomics.com)
FB Goups: "MN Tournament Gaming" and "MN MK" - Join up!
Streamed by: MNFGC

$5 venue fee // $5 per game entry fee // spectators=free
Registration begins at 1 PM. Individual game registration ends 30 minutes prior to its listed start time. Registration is cash only (change will be available).

Tournament brackets will be randomly generated and managed by MNFGC. Prior Comicade winner's in each game (where applicable) will be seeded to opposite sides of the bracket.
These are double-elimination tournaments (you will play at least twice).

Bring your own controller

Games & Schedule
Unless noted all games will be run on PS3s with Asus 236H monitors. Game rules in comment below.

12:00 - 2:00 PM

Casuals
1:00 PM
Registration opens for all games

2:00 PM
Soul Calibur V
King of Fighters XIII
Street Fighter x Tekken v.2013

4:00 PM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Persona 4 Arena
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PSN version)

5:30 PM
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v.2012
Mortal Kombat (9)

6:30 PM
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Additional tournaments can be run, if time and space allows, by request at the venue. These side tournaments will not take place before 6:00 PM to ensure listed tournaments have enough space & equipment.

Payouts (based on game entry)

Rules:
Game rules:
Universal rules (except where noted in individual game listings):
2/5 for bracket, 3/5 for winners, losers, & grand finals
Default timer
Winning player is character (or team) locked, losing player may switch
Turbo & programmable buttons functionality on all controllers is banned
Pausing the match, unless otherwise agreed to by both players, is a forfeit
You will need to check in by tournament start time. If you have not checked in by the end of the first round of the brackets you will be DQ'd into losers. If you are not present by the end of the first round of loser's you will be DQ'd from the tournament.

Individual game rules:
TTT2 -
Solo Mode is allowed
All DLC is legal

SF2T:HDR -
Akuma is banned
Tournament will be run in ST Mode
Entire tournament will be played 3/5 (including winners, losers, & grand finals)

KOF XIII -
Winner can switch team order (not members)

SFxT -
Gems are allowed
Players may not take more than 60 seconds to select gems

MK9 -
Kratos is banned
Hell Stage, Wastelands, & the Street are banned (unless agreed by both players)

SSF4: AE2012 -
Winner can change ultra (must select prior to loser's selection)
Blanka Alt 3 is banned
Volcano stage is banned

UMvC3 -
Entire tournament will be played 3/5 (including winners, losers, & grand finals)
Winner can switch team order (not members)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I'm not settling for second this time. Mwah hahahahaha!!!

Jk, MN players go all in. Most people showing up at these are really into their MK and show it their gameplay. Placing at all is an honor :)

hehe.. I could literally lose to 8 different people at any given time. Me vs Robby is always close. Me vs you is always close. Bleys' Kabal was really close, Me and Xue have had some crazy sets, Rick took me down pretty hard a few times as soon as he realized I was going to wakeup telekick his projectiles, I don't think I can beat Brent's smoke anymore. Ryan's Cyrax is beast mode, Joe can beat me sometimes, and now there's two more TYM guys coming.

I consider it an accomplishment if I don't go 0-2. lol.

Johnny2d

hehe.. I could literally lose to 8 different people at any given time. Me vs Robby is always close. Me vs you is always close. Bleys' Kabal was really close, Me and Xue have had some crazy sets, Rick took me down pretty hard a few times as soon as he realized I was going to wakeup telekick his projectiles, I don't think I can beat Brent's smoke anymore. Ryan's Cyrax is beast mode, Joe can beat me sometimes, and now there's two more TYM guys coming.

It makes me more happy to be a part of it. I'd rather play in a tight nit group where everyone is trying to level up, and everyone is good, than a mob of 30 scrubs with a couple good people. The game is almost 2 years old, it makes sense that anyone playing it in locals or tournaments is passionate.

Johnny2d

Oh, and my friend Ron who came out to the last one and entered last minute even though he's never played before, he's coming over for training tonight and possibly this weekend. He wants to keep entering but doesn't want to be free anymore... he's got a long way to go though :/ We'll see how good of a teacher I am.

That's awesome. I'm glad he thought it was fun enoguh to keep playing. In like 10 minutes before the tournament he learned enough to take a round off robby's cyrax. After a week hhe'll be bodying all of us.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Whats up guys. I'll be back in Minn in March coming from the weak ass NC scene. I was worried no one in Minnesota played MK cause you guys don't seem to stream on TYM. I've got some equipment that can help with that. You guys should have +1 MK player in a few months.

B Pryme

Noob
You guys better be READY for ryan's cyrax, let's just say he's been working on some insane new tech. For myself, ill be ready, this is gonna be a great tourney.

By insane "tech" do you mean it's even dumber than "lol I hit you once gg"?

I'm ready for Cyrax. If he can't attempt a cross over jump punch without eating 40% or command grab loop without eating the same, cyrax is shut down. There's a reason why it's 6-4 Sonya.

Whats up guys. I'll be back in Minn in March coming from the weak ass NC scene. I was worried no one in Minnesota played MK cause you guys don't seem to stream on TYM. I've got some equipment that can help with that. You guys should have +1 MK player in a few months.
We have a stream that gets run monthly, but MK doesn't always get stream love since Marvel and AE are bigger turnouts. This month is goingto be a little different though. There will be a stream from this one, at least some matches.

CYracks

Command Grabber
We have a stream that gets run monthly, but MK doesn't always get stream love since Marvel and AE are bigger turnouts. This month is goingto be a little different though. There will be a stream from this one, at least some matches.
Do you record matches and put them on YouTube?

Ah, I've played that LK before I think.

Anyone that has a trmk or MKU account should copy and paste this message over there too. Not everyone uses all sites. I'd do it, but every time I try to make accounts there it F's up and breaks. We're probably going to have more entrants than Marvel. Let's take down AE!

Johnny2d

I hope you guys are ready to face the 4armed monster ;)

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

B Pryme

Noob
I hope you guys are ready to face the 4armed monster ;)

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
Lol i'm ready, I've got some sheeva tech of my own ;) however I'm much more scared of Skarlett...

Me and ryan are rusty btw....... he's been obsessed with CoD zombies :(

Johnny2d

Lol i'm ready, I've got some sheeva tech of my own ;) however I'm much more scared of Skarlett...

Me and ryan are rusty btw....... he's been obsessed with CoD zombies :(
I'm trolling with the Sheevs. She won't see tourny time unless I'm over confident in who I'm up against. I'm all Skarlet all the way, and I just bought my evo monitor so I won't be dropping stuff like I was before :p