'Fan-Made' Custom Mortal Kombat in HD, Scorpion vs Sub-Zero w/ Fatality

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat Classics' started by Tom Brady, Dec 16, 2012.

• by Tom Brady, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM
  • Tom Brady

Tom Brady Well-Known Member

A project that is being "unofficially" made by fans is sure to catch your eye. Over on the TRMK forums you may recall at one point seeing stages of work being done on what was cancelled "officially"; the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is "HD". Well, by using the MUGEN software severl community members have been showcasing their 'work in progress'. One of their most recent video uploads of this progress features an MKI fight between Sub-Zero and Scorpion... and there's even a Fatality!

This is something I actually want to play when its finished. Even the fatal is done well lol

Discuss...

Source: TRMK
    Article edited by STORMS*
    Espio, Prinz, RiBBz22 and 20 others like this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat Classics' started by Tom Brady, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Mikemetroid
    BIOZ likes this.
  2. Tom Brady
    the game isnt finished, looks promising
    BIOZ and TargetAudience like this.
  3. Gruntypants
    I don't like the big yellow KO that comes up when you win a round.
    ChuckFiasco and MK9-SnOwY like this.
  4. DownfouralitY
    This looks insanely fucking good. Can't wait till its finished
  5. RunwayMafia
    Wow. I love that background. This does look cool...how are they able to do this?
  6. ERR0R MACR0
    Looks great--how far along is it?
  7. Grumptronix
    looks bloody amazing...
  8. Grumptronix
    Am I the only one that HATES the MK4/MK vs DC "Round 1" and "Fight" samples? Especially since the MK3 vocals were so much better... or the best actually.
    Dramatica, MoonSpell and KIllaByte like this.
  9. The Ghost of Tim Static
    I thought they gave up on this? Regardless would definitely like to play it......where's MK2? lol
  10. InFlames
    This looks fun. Though I prefer having really fast paced matches, so right now I'm looking forward to MK Outworld. :D
  11. BillStickers
    this dude sculpts the characters in 3D and flattens to 2d sprites. awesome work!

TargetAudience likes this.
  12. dendeno9
    Yes, absolutely. Every time I hear the announcer from one of the 3D MK games I just can't help but question what the hell were they thinking. MK3 was the best, I really wish there was some kind of "Klassic" setting on MK9 for stuff like this.
    BIOZ, TargetAudience and Grumptronix like this.
  13. K.O.E_18
    The guys that are making the game aren't finished with the engine (e.g the gravity). They are focusing on music, stages, and characters. Looks pretty sweet tbh.
  14. Jimmypotato
    did I see a punch trade at 1:27, hee hee,

looks great, old school style
  15. Treadmill
    Wow wow amazing. It runs so smooth.
  16. LesMore
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! SO PROUD OF DIY COMMUNITY!!!!!!
  17. NB Semi Evil Ryu
    This looks insanely badass.
  18. TargetAudience
    This game already looks better than mk9... just needs more animations, more combos, special cancels, breakers, low and high combo starters and faster speed.
  19. Eddy Wang
    This just made me return to the 1st time i saw mk1 on the arcades, that texture was insanely good, this is something to worth waiting for, i really do hope the gameplay mechanics suits it better than the other MK Mugens i've played
  20. Konqrr
    The animation is awesome. But why use the mugen engine? It's so limited when it comes to MK.
    ded and TargetAudience like this.
  21. C-Sword
    Guys, this is not how the finished version will look like, this video is something put together really quick by the designer Bleed, it will have a different programmer, announcer and stages.

This is their web site

http://mortalkombathdke.weebly.com/index.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  22. MashPotatoTower
    I find it interesting that if you want to make a Mortal Kombat-ish game you have to make Mortal Kombat itself or face bad publicity. This looks pretty smooth
  23. teh_jawNie
    looks awesome i like the graphics