What's new

Tech - Jax F3 Vs F4

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I've noticed this for quite some time now, but I decided to lab it a bit more..look at what happens when you armour through the gap of f3 vs f4 Ex DDP is this old shit that useless or is this useful?

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
You can do F4 EX GG and trade with Lao's spin where you get beaten from a F3. I don't really use it to much though don't like RC'ing knees and doing knees as anything other than a punish because the whiff recovery is a lot.

Kingshootahz

You can do F4 EX GG and trade with Lao's spin where you get beaten from a F3. I don't really use it to much though don't like RC'ing knees and doing knees as anything other than a punish because the whiff recovery is a lot.
Would you say f3 is better for the whiff punish or 4 ? Because right now 4 is looking pretty good all around to me.with just 1 frame more startup.

Kingshootahz

whoa this is weird but cool. so f4 hits twice? I don't understand how this works lol
No not exactly I think there's something about the frames of the attack that allow him to hit cassies armour with either his punch canceling into an overhead something like that..All I know is he beat that shit flip.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
F4 does not hit twice. The f4 cancels into the overhead slower, allowing you to eat Cassie's flip kick with your armor and then punish her after her armor wears off. F3 cancels too fast, which doesn't give Jax enough time to eat the armor and instead Cassie's armor is just starting up and still active when Jax's overhead hits her. In this game you'll often find it's better to be the last one to activate your armored attack in armor vs armor situations. It allows you to eat their move and still score a hit.

Last edited:

Kingshootahz

F4 does not hit twice. The f4 cancels into the overhead slower, allowing you to eat Cassie's flip kick with your armor and then punish her after her armor wears off. F3 cancels too fast, which doesn't give Jax enough time to eat the armor and instead Cassie's armor is just starting up and still active when Jax's overhead hits her. In this game you'll often find it's better to be the last one to activate your armored attack in armor vs armor situations. It allows you to eat their move and still score a hit.
So I did guess right with
No not exactly I think there's something about the frames of the attack that allow him to hit cassies armour with either his punch canceling into an overhead something like that..All I know is he beat that shit flip.
:)

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Would you say f3 is better for the whiff punish or 4 ? Because right now 4 is looking pretty good all around to me.with just 1 frame more startup.
I could be wrong but i'm sure I tried F4 RC 3B2 and because of the extra wait between the cancel it made the link increasingly difficult so for whiff punishing F3 all the way.