What's new

Guide - Kotal Kahn F2 Safety list

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Almost every character in the game can poke after F2 to punish it and get more + frames and a tiny bit of damage, this is a list to see if you char has a proper punish. Note that even though your char might be able to punish it, F2 has an extremely small punish window and if the thought " Oh, just blocked a F2 " goes through your head, he's safe.

- Kung Lao
Only MB Spin in Buzzsaw

- Jax

S1

- Sonya

No

- Kenshi

No

- Kitana

S2

- Subzero

S1

- Scorpion

No

- Mileena

No

- Takeda

No

- Cassie

S1, VERY difficult because it's hitting meaty.

- Kano

Upball, very easy because it's a reversal.

- Jacqui

No

- Kung Jin

S1

- Shinnok

No

- Johnny

No

- Erron

S1

- Ermac

No

- Liu Kang

F1 xx Special

- Reptile

Dash/Slide

- Ferra/Torr

S1, very difficult.

- D'Vorah

No

- Raiden

Yes

- Goro

Command Grab

- Quan

S2

@Hidan @UltraDavid @KeyserSoze @Crayraven @Mr Aqua @D. R. @RYX @BigMilk @SEV @REYTHEGREAT

RYX

BIG PUSHER
wouldn't lackey torr be able to d1 or grab? i forget the frame data but i know his grab is pretty fast

is the pushback too far for a universal throw?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
wouldn't lackey torr be able to d1 or grab? i forget the frame data but i know his grab is pretty fast

is the pushback too far for a universal throw?
I mentioned that everyone can poke.

Grab's 11f, universal throws don't reach unless you have a long ass one.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Fuck F2, my character can't punish so he gets to abuse this shit on my all the time unless i reversal punish it with a throw.

I think a lot of things like f2 will forever go unpunished in this game more than it gets punished. The window is very tight and if people missed the reptile dash punish in mk9 they will definitely miss this f2 punish even more often. Even with ex spin I have to be on point, you kind of have to anticipate it because F2 is also a forward advancing attack.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think a lot of things like f2 will forever go unpunished in this game more than it gets punished. The window is very tight and if people missed the reptile dash punish in mk9 they will definitely miss this f2 punish even more often. Even with ex spin I have to be on point, you kind of have to anticipate it because F2 is also a forward advancing attack.
Yeah, there are few chars who punish it and a lot of those chars have extremely tight windows to punish it with.

Which is why I'm hating chars like kano who can just mash a reversal, but more like the throws you fullscreen aspect of it.

REYTHEGREAT

this is good. hey @Qwark28 have you experimented with back 2? i believe that the overhead in which he jumps and splats you. i dont know if its cause its online but it looks like its a frame trap. if back 2 its blocked, you can d1 and back 2 again.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
So i can't even S1 on it because is 9 frames startup, F3 is 12, B3 is 11 and BF4 is 12.

Guess scorpion is free to F2 after all, just abuse that shit against him until he cracks.
Oh god, eddy is right. Scorpion is free to f2

Kotal can abuse 17 frames mid, -10 on block, one after the other

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Cybernetic/Commando Kano can actually punish with b1,3 xx special but this is spacing dependent, ie. if Kotal throws out f2 around range 1 or closer, which will not most likely happen in an actual match since Kotal has other moves for that range.

Maybe I'm not understanding something but.....F2 is -10 on block. Milenna's ball is 8f (I think with the latest update). How doesn't the ball punish a blocked f2? Qwark when I looked at how you had Milenna listed as a character who can't punish it, I thought nahhhhh that can't be right. But you are right lol.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Maybe I'm not understanding something but.....F2 is -10 on block. Milenna's ball is 8f (I think with the latest update). How doesn't the ball punish a blocked f2? Qwark when I looked at how you had Milenna listed as a character who can't punish it, I thought nahhhhh that can't be right. But you are right lol.
So, what move has wrong frames?
Roll or F2?

I can't check atm

So, what move has wrong frames?
Roll or F2?

I can't check atm
It could be either one. I'm not sure. F2 is -10 on block. On pc Milenna's ball roll is 7f but with the console updates its now 8f. Either way from what I understand it should be able to punish, but it can't hmmm. So either I'm totally not understanding frame data, milenna's ball roll is actually more than what it reads or F2 is even more safe than it reads.