What's new

f2 - close up missile

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
So this actually works, even though it shouldn't.

When a player knows not to poke after a blocked f2 due to whiff punishing with either a b2 or b3, they tend to jump over you. Mixing in a linked close up missile has worked rather well for me over the last few weeks against most characters (not Reptile for example, asshole just dashes). If they try to jump, the missile will AA them, and you'll score around 25%.

If they delay their poke or dash in for an attack the up missile hits them, and most of the time you can combo if not just gain the pressure back.

Some, nay, all characters can probably fuck you up when you do this; but I bet if you use it on someone without them knowing too much about it, you'll catch people off guard.

Give this a go and let me know if you have any success with it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I use this but sparingly. I do prefer Homing over this for pressure.

isnt this the same thing as d4 close up missle? lol

Cancel advantage on both is +25
The F2 ~ Up Missile kancel winds up leaving you kloser than the D4 ~ Up Missile if I'm not mistaken.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I do this often, and I mix this up with f2~homing missile to be safe

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
isnt this the same thing as d4 close up missle? lol

Cancel advantage on both is +25
I know I gave you a lot of shit for that moths ago, and while it should never work...it sometimes does. But I think people are more inclined to poke back from a blocked d4 than f2 since f2 opens a ton of spacing mind games up.

Also back in the day I only played ac1984's kabal at a high level; and kabal just doesn't give a fuck about any of this. He will dash you on reaction, block your homing missile and still have time to push you.

So what I'm saying is... I'm sorry.

LEGEND

YES!
i can't decide if this will be worth it or not. I'll look into getting more damage out of the Up missile juggle cause a regular AA does more than 25% and has way less risk.

More gimmicks is the last thing Sektor players need right now, but i will toy with this and see how much risk/reward is involved
-
Finally some Sektor discussion that isn't about MU charts!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I know I gave you a lot of shit for that moths ago, and while it should never work...it sometimes does. But I think people are more inclined to poke back from a blocked d4 than f2 since f2 opens a ton of spacing mind games up.

Also back in the day I only played ac1984's kabal at a high level; and kabal just doesn't give a fuck about any of this. He will dash you on reaction, block your homing missile and still have time to push you.

So what I'm saying is... I'm sorry.
Wow. When I saw this thread I couldn't help but rub salt in the wound but now I feel bad because of how mature you handled my taunt. I honestly hope you see the humor in this. I really loled when I read the op

Can I get a hug or a hand hold? I'm thankful for you

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Wow. When I saw this thread I couldn't help but rub salt in the wound but now I feel bad because of how mature you handled my taunt. I honestly hope you see the humor in this. I really loled when I read the op

Can I get a hug or a hand hold? I'm thankful for you
bro hug

There's still a match up knowledge with this tactic though; I feel that characters like Reptile and Kabal will get out of this 100% of the time. Where other characters actually have to work around the gimmick. Do you feel that Nightwolf could just say fuck it as well since he has the shoulder charge (this would also then add Baraka). Regardless, a lot of the cast has to at least play along.

Where my mentality is going with this game is; gimmicks > cookie-cutter. And seriously, Sektor is jam packed with gimmicks.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's situational. But so is every gimmick

But unless u play kenshi, you need gimmicks to win at the highest level. Gimmicks throw off your opponent and when used sparingly in a calculated read, can be very effective. (I only use kenshi cause I feel his footsies are superior to any gimmicks he or any other character has)