What's new

Evolve Alpha - Who's been enjoying it so far?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Sup guys!

Mustard and I have been tearing into the Evolve Alpha since yesterday, absolutely loving it so far. The game just oozes Next Gen, with the co ordination required to succeed being one of the most intense and enjoyable multiplayer experiences I've had in a long time. SO MUCH STRATEGY.

I've been trying to learn Bucket and Mustard's been playing Griffin. Haven't lost a game yet, happy days!

Seems like the Hunters need to be super aggressive when the match begins, you can't let the monster reach level 3 at all costs, but if you do, make sure you've substantially hurt him before hand because he only regenerates a tiny bit of life when he actually evolves.

Find it, trap it, kill the shit out of it.

Here's a snippet of one of our games so far for the lolz:

Lemme know if you guys play, would love to form a squad with some of you!

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Also curious. I dont think ill pre order but I want to try it, haha
Yeah same boat, also I got a email from gamersgate saying that if you play boarderlands prequel for a hour they will give you a invite. You would have to sign up a account but if you have BL it would be worth it.

iFotus

Suicide Scorpion
It's been downloading for about 5 hours :( idk why. I've downloaded full games larger in under 1 or 2 hours. But I'm excited to play it !

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have only played a few games, but have had a blast so far, not fully understanding yet, but the chase is real

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Couple of hints when you guys try it out:

1. Be aggressive as the Hunters. You spawn in, you immediately look for tracks or any signs of where the Monster is. You wanna try and kill him before he even has the chance to Evolve. If you find him early but he gets away, don't worry too much as he can';t get health back, only shield. If you hurt him substantially early, he'll be less threatening later.

2. Medics healing is vital, but if nobody needs to be healed, put as many weak spots on the Monster as you can with your sniper rifle. When the Mobile arena diminishes and the monster starts to run, keep your tranq equipped and try and tag him as he escapes, he'll show up as green for the whole team, allowing you all to follow him without losing him.

3. Harpoon + tranq + Orbital barrage = profit. It almost 1 hits a stage 1 goliath, and the kracken has even less health.

4. As assault, you can manage your shield to the point the medic doesn't need to worry about you. If you only worry about shielding yourself, the support only has to worry about shielding the medic and trapper, then the medic can heal the trapper and support when needed. You can use your group invisibility to get out of a sticky situation, but try not to get set on fire. You'll still be visible if that happens.

5. As the Monster, put as much distance as you can between yourself and the hunters at the start. focus on getting level 2 as quickly as possible, don't be afraid to run if it isn't working out, and don't go for larger wildlife at level 1. They'll fuck you up. If you return to the hunters at stage 3 with no damage taken, they're pretty much fucked unless you're bad at attacking.

6. The second you catch the monster, slow him and trap him in the mobile arena. if a stage 1 monster is trapped in the arena, it's pretty much GG. Before the arena diminishes, you can either tranq him as val, or tag him using Buckets recon. Never lose vision on the monsters position.

7. PERKS! They're vital when the monster powers up. If you come across a perk animal, kill it and get it as fast as you can. If you land a perk that slows the monster or poisons him, it'll be harder for him to feed or escape, considering he cant eat while taking damage.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Got in and damn the game looks good... Its pretty fun also. If anyone wants to play send me a steam invite Sutter_pain