What's new

[Sep 21, 2012] Red Bank Rumble 9/21/12 MK9 & TT2 Tournament! (Red Bank, NJ)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
On September 21st at Yestercades in Red Bank NJ, there will be two tournaments plus all night casuals. Mortal Kombat 9 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2! Starting at 7pm and going to 2am. The price is 15 dollars and that gets you access to the entire arcade and casuals in both games for 7 hours. Tournament entry fees are 5 dollars per game. This will be streamed by Kombat Network. Please RSVP if you plan on coming. Can't wait to see you guys there!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There will be AE as well, I don't think we'll be dedicating a setup for it if we need it for Tekken Tag 2 though.

Hype this players. I want at least 16. Help support this great retroarcade. If you've been there, please post testimonials. If you haven't been there, BE THERE.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
this venue is so much fun , aside from the games we run . you can play some old arcade cabs or just walk around red bank

I really hope to see you all there!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
players please try to arrange car pools, in any fashion. I'm not capping the event but I'm looking for 16 players. That's 4 drivers if carpooling is arranged and everyone came from a distance. Just a suggestion.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I already had plans for that day. Sorry! Have a good tournament, though, everyone, and thanks for mentioning it to me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will be there to crush all at mk1!
MK1 machine is right in the back room where we run stuff so have fun.

Looking like a good turnout. Remember there will hopefully be a Tekken crowd and maybe a few SF4 players. I don't know what the setup will look like but total we have 7 Asus 23s plus a couple good monitors. I would imagine we'll do a stream setup and possibly do a little Tekken on stream to start out, and run casuals for MK, then go with the tournament around 9 on til 1AM and we'll break down after that. My goal would be to have 3 MK casual setups, 2 Tekken casuals, and 1 stream with Tekken to start, then switch to MK, maybe the extra setup or two for AE. It's possible a couple of the other RBR guys will just suggest to stream MK straight up since it'll be on KN. Space is so limited in there I don't know if we'll have room for AE. This is a problem I'm trying to work out with the rest of the RBR crew and Ken. We might have an option to more than double the space we have, nearly triple it actually, but it'll be very expensive. More on that as it develops. For now, please coordinate transportation with other players. Definitely want to see as many MK heads as possible.