What's new

EVO expected to sell out in 24 hours, MK sign ups rumored to be low

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I'm honestly not expecting EVO to pick up MK9 next year, we'll have to wait for MK10 to be able to play MK at EVO again after that.
I am I the only one that is a little optimistic about another year of MK being at EVO. I mean come guys where is your faith, this game STILL has a lot to offer . We haven't even to begun to get in depth with this game IMO . So for the sake of the MK community leave the depressing stuff at home or at least away from the forums, we have enough of that all ready

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I am I the only one that is a little optimistic about another year of MK being at EVO. I mean come guys where is your faith, this game STILL has a lot to offer . We haven't even to begun to get in depth with this game IMO . So for the sake of the MK community leave the depressing stuff at home or at least away from the forums, we have enough of that all ready
You're 95% right...but with numbers already starting to taper off, even for EVO and MLG, it's looking a bit nerve-inducing.

I really hope this game keeps kicking & gets picked up again, but it needs a boost.
A big boost.
Hopefully between E3, MLG & EVO, enough new interest will be grown to get the hype train moving again and get more people interested in going from casual to competitive. I want MK9 to go Super Turbo and go on forever.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I want MK9 to go Super Turbo and go on forever.
That's right!!! I want it to get to where ST and 3s is.......Even though new fighting games are coming out people still go back to the oldies.
@Lt.Box I know you seen it on some of these threads, how people comment on how MK is dead or dying, but what I see is a community just starting to grow......don't you think

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That's right!!! I want it to get to where ST and 3s is.......Even though new fighting games are coming out people still go back to the oldies.
@Lt.Box I know you seen it on some of these threads, how people comment on how MK is dead or dying, but what I see is a community just starting to grow......don't you think
Absolutely. I've always said, we're small in numbers, but we have some of the most die-hard players a game could hope to have, and MK's accomplished things few others games in its class ever could.
That being said...the reason, IMO, a game like Third Strike or Super Turbo have had the longevity they've had is because they were spawned from an already-established franchise that had already amassed a sizeable tournament/competitive population.
And MK9 as a tournament game, being the first in its "bloodline," and arguably the first widely-accepted "tournament-worthy" MK game since the 90's, doesn't have as big a fanbase or as deep a foundation in the roots of the FGC. But that could all change if, after this MLG and EVO are gone and we if MK's hold on its populus hold and the game continues to flourish on higher plateaus (Live at E3? Basically in front of the gaming WORLD? That is fucking cool, man) and hopefully has its expansive efforts rewarded by growing the playerbase and keeping the ship sailing come 2013.