What's new

EVO 2015 Trailer Debuting Tonight on UltraChenTv

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
When you stop and think about it... the EVO games are usually decided in January and that is not very far off! We just got recent word via @MrWizard that tonight via UltraChenTv we'll get to see the debut of the 2015 Evolution Championship Series trailer! Let's be serious here - EVO is what it's all about as players plan their entire year around going to EVO. Will you be going to Las Vegas in 2015?

Here are a few additional details from Shoryuken!

evo2015.png

It feels like just yesterday that we saw Evo 2014 wrap up in Las Vegas, but the organizers behind the largest fighting game tournament in the world are set to begin the latest round of hype-building for the next installment.

According to Joey “Mr. Wizard” Cuellar, the first official Evo 2015 teaser will be unveiled later tonight during UltraChen TV. Much like past trailers, it was put together by the fantastic Seth Mussey.

As for what kind of details you can expect from this trailer, you’ll have enough information to start planning for your trip, specifically what weekend Evo 2015 will occupy and where it will take place. Game announcements are scheduled for the beginning of next year.

If you want to catch this premiere live, be sure to tune into UltraChen TV at 8:30 PM PDT, 11:30 PM EDT.
Source: @MrWizard

Attachments

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Nice. Had a great time at Evo2014 so hopefully luck will be with me so I can fly out to Vegas again next year.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Seth Mussey trailer = hype; hopefully he'll come back to grab some MKX footage for our trailer at EVO next year.

Killusion

Stream addict
My game predictions:
USF4: The biggest game.
UMvC3: This game is dying but they won't let it go yet.
Guilty Gear Xrd: Because it's new and shiny.
Blazblue: Yes another anime game, mostly because last years finals were hype.
Mortal Kombat X: New and shiny, plus they need to have at least one NRS game.
Killer Instinct: Feels fresh again because of season 2, and apparently Mr. Wizard loves KI.
Smash Bros Wii U: New and shiny, might bring a lot of new players.
Smash Bros Melee: Smashers get mad if new Smash sucks and Melee isn't in, brings so many players for such an old game.

Not going to make it:
Tekken: Tekken Tag 2 has been dying for a while now (Strong style was an exception) and Tekken 7 won't be out in time.
Persona: Overshadowed by GG and BB, is there anybody who actually prefers this over other ArcSys games?
Injustice: Sadly I think the Injustice numbers aren't what they used to be. Maybe NEC is super hype and gets people excited again?
KOF13: I'm sorry but this game is dead, let it go already.
UNIEL: The hype won't last, I might be wrong though.
DOA: The word on the street is that EVO guys don't like DOA. I hope it could be this years 3D game, but I won't hold my breath.

Personally I would love to see at least one 3D game and Injustice again on EVO.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I really hope I can make it next year as well, the two I've been to have been incredible. Hopefully the UK can give a strong turnout for MKX as well, be nice to see some fellow players out there :)

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Flight will be booked once this announcement is made. Evo ragefest hyper nonstop drinkgamblegame party is one of the best times of the year, every year.