What's new

Strategy - Displacer ETC McFly's: (Displacer) Raiden MKX combo notes w/ double uppercut from BGS 2014

First off, these are only combo notes - no video included! My first combo Raiden MKX (Double uppercut) from the Brazilian Game Show 2014! My first combo with MK Raiden Inputs (Corner): Jump 1, 2,1,3, Uppercut, D1, DF EX + 2 + Uppercut (Displacer mode).

* Combo 2,1,3 is a chain that lifts the character

* In the corner the first hook is connected immediately without dash or anything.

* In the middle of the screen difficult to see combos combine with hooks thus remains easiest in the corner.

* D1 is more like that Injustice than MK9.

*Then do the DF + 2 movement down below more 2 button (the same motion is to electrocute in MK9).

raidendisplacer.png

The hook on the corner turn causes the opponent back with a severity that combines and makes it very close to this. With that confirmed the use of hooks combos in the game.

Soon more information!

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This doesn't actually use anything displacer specific, why would you go and get people's hopes up like that?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Corner combos are too, however the opportunity needs to present itself. I'm happy he has a launcher starter, that's awesome! I'm totally using him now, was going to anyway but I may play more serious with him than MK 9.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Raiden in mkx is mk9 raiden with a buffed teleport, an extra teleport, mixups and an ascending superman move which combos with meter. essentially mk9 raiden on NRS steroids
i'm interested to see what they do with his teleport because it was a too much in mk9 and nrs showed they learned by injustice teleports getting a lot of recovery. even if his teleport is only in this variation, it would still be the same as fighting mk9 raiden.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
i'm interested to see what they do with his teleport because it was a too much in mk9 and nrs showed they learned by injustice teleports getting a lot of recovery. even if his teleport is only in this variation, it would still be the same as fighting mk9 raiden.
thats the way hes been made, nrs designed raiden's teleport to create some awesome looking combos and make the game look more appealing and probably wont nerf them...the nerfs they hate doing and rarely ever do is to nerf comboability, its why superman still has long ass corner combos but with reduced damage and its also why batgirl's bola doesn't need meter(also she's a dlc so shell never get truely nerfed properly).

Rabbit

thugs bunny
thats the way hes been made, nrs designed raiden's teleport to create some awesome looking combos and make the game look more appealing and probably wont nerf them
MK9 Raiden says hi.

If casuals are getting their shit pushed in by online teleport shenanigans he's probably going to get his tele "normalized".

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
His Tele is still pretty OP even after the nerf.
Not that he had a lot going for him besides tele though. No wonder people are jumping on Displacer wagon right now (besides, well, the fact that Displacer is pretty much "Raiden proper"). The downside of it is that we don't know a thing about his other two variations right now...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Not that he had a lot going for him besides tele though. No wonder people are jumping on Displacer wagon right now (besides, well, the fact that Displacer is pretty much "Raiden proper"). The downside of it is that we don't know a thing about his other two variations right now...
Well, his tele was his most distracting mind game, which sets up all of his other stuff. He could play pretty safe. MK9 Raiden is a safe, turtling, whiff punish character. Most of his strings left him at 0 or -1 on block which allows you to backdash into b3 which will blow up counter pokes. It stops people from poking all together (if they're smart). It makes them want to just block which sets up throws and/or teleporting to get in.

But outside of that... yeah you're right. I'm going for displacer right off the bat just because I think it will make the most sense for me. But I might very easily switch to a different variation if they prove to be more useful for various matchups. I am excite.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
his mk9 tele was far from "too much"... Not many tourneys were won by Raiden...