What's new

ESPN Interviews Top MKX Players: SonicFox, Perfect Legend, Pig of the Hut, BioHazard and more

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Attachments

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Great that MKX is getting more attention in the competitive scene. Been seeing numerous interviews with the top players lately, which is great!

Side-note, some of the Sonicfox quotes seemed taken out of context. Made him sound a bit arrogant. Unless Fox meant to be:DOGE

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
It's kinda weird how none of the YOMI guys were invited to do this when 4-5 of them occupy the top 10 spot in the MKX world rankings, but I'm hype for the mainstream exposure MKX is receiving lately.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
It's kinda weird how none of the YOMI guys were invited to do this when 4-5 of them occupy the top 10 spot in the MKX world rankings, but I'm hype for the mainstream exposure MKX is receiving lately.
ESL Season 2 was the most recent MKX tournament and a big one at that. As such this interview was probably meant to be about the fatal 8 players, of which none were from Yomi. Bit of a shame though, I'd like to know what DJT is like in an interview.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The interview was done as a promo for CW's show on ESL, and none of them made the ESL finals.

With all due respect to Honeybee (who is one of the best MKX players indeed), he didn't make finals either, but he's featured in this piece.
If DJT or MIT had been in position to make the finals, you can bet the other brother would have been filmed as well :)

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Great that MKX is getting more attention in the competitive scene. Been seeing numerous interviews with the top players lately, which is great!

Side-note, some of the Sonicfox quotes seemed taken out of context. Made him sound a bit arrogant. Unless Fox meant to be:DOGE
I'd be more likely to believe him arrogant than not. Course, I've never been a fan of the kid.

Oh shit, ESPN, those are the sports guys. Is this a sport now? Are we athletes? Now my dad can be proud. :DOGE

In all seriousness, this is incredibly cool. Congrats to the top players featured here. Hopefully this is just the beginning and more major MK coverage will follow.

leoj89

Noob
Do you guys like doing this stuff or are you obligated because of sponsors and stuff ?

Last edited: