What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

GroovyMango

Bullseye
Getting gun cancels consistently has been the most satisfying thing ever. Once I can hit confirm them better, I'm gonna mess around with Gunslinger and learn the zoning.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Working on it but as you can imagine there is a boat load of combos to chose from (many of them connected to videos anyway)

If you have any you want specifically in the 1st post, let me know and I'll update.

Last edited:

Roy

Noob
I tried to put together a helpful video for Erron Black players. It's just a series of basic combos for all variations. Let me know if this helps!

InFlames

dead
What are some good damaging midscreen Gunslinger combos? I'm trying to give this variation a chance but using Sand Gust midscreen is tricky.

So far I'm using b32u1, f3xxSand Gust, rc 211xxSand Trap. Are there any combos off F13 or F122?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
What are some good damaging midscreen Gunslinger combos? I'm trying to give this variation a chance but using Sand Gust midscreen is tricky.

So far I'm using b32u1, f3xxSand Gust, rc 211xxSand Trap. Are there any combos off F13 or F122?
You need meter to get any real damage off f13 or f12 when mid-screen sadly. I'm sure someone could find something that's a lot more damaging, but I have been using f13xxex sand grenade, njp, rc/dash f24, 211xxsand trap, which is pretty consistent. I often end combos with caltrops even mid-screen and then go straight into SOS and start zoning.

In the corner, (again I'm sure there's something more damaging but this is consistent) I do f13/b32/b33xxsand gust, b2xxsand gust, njp, f24xxcaltrops or sandtrap.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Try this one in the corner:

F13, Sand Toss, B3,2,U1, NJP, 211 Sand Trap or Tarkatan Stab

If you want, you can try for the whole 21122 combo, but I feel this is more consistent to pull off. Also best to stick to the 211 if you wanna try doing this at midscreen.

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Okay I'm really feeling this one as my Outlaw corner bnb

starter~db4, b32u1, njp, ji4, 21122~dbf2 31%

I find this very consistent and you get an extra percent of damage over ending it with b12~dbf2

Has anyone pushed his damage off of raw njp past 25% (midscreen)?

I usually just do: njp, f24, 211~dbf2

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

I find this very consistent and you get an extra percent of damage over ending it with b12~dbf2

I'll have to give that a run in the lab.

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.

I've been doing that same combo as outlaw except without using a ji4 or any jip (except the first njp). You get 31% anyway. Makes things less complex.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I've been doing that same combo as outlaw except without using a ji4 or any jip (except the first njp). You get 31% anyway. Makes things less complex.
Do you do f24 before the 21122? I replace f24 with the ji4, without either you get 30%. They're both easy though, I guess it's really up to personal preference.

Also if you do the ji4 before f24~caltrops it's a good way to get some extra damage before a setup

wsj515

So I was messing around with gunslinger online, and I discovered something horrifying (which I then double-checked in practice mode):

When doing f13/b33/b32xxsand gust, sand gust will whiff on the female cast members. Like this move wasn't already shitty enough, thanks Obama.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yet another reason to stick to Outlaw. Combo string into Sand Toss is my go-to combo starter, and I couldn't really imagine playing a version of him that didn't have this.

wsj515

So I was messing around with gunslinger online, and I discovered something horrifying (which I then double-checked in practice mode):

When doing f13/b33/b32xxsand gust, sand gust will whiff on the female cast members. Like this move wasn't already shitty enough, thanks Obama.
Oddly enough, it seems that while f13 and f12 cause sand gust to whiff on female characters, f1 does not. If you were using my gunslinger meterless corner BnB a few posts above, just modify it to f1xxsand gust, b2xxsand gust, njp, f24, caltrops or 211 sand trap. For low options you can just use the outlaw corner bnb post-db4

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Two more midscreen combos, which SonicFox did in his latest stream:

2,1,1,2, Sand Toss, B3,2,U1,NJP,F2,4, Run Cancel ,2,1,1, 2 2 Caltrops (opponent left in corner) 16 hits, 29% damage

1,1,2, Run Cancel, F1,2, Sand Tackle

Also, one that I found on raw NJP:

NJP, F2, 4, 2,1,1, Sand Tackle 13 hits, 25% amage

wsj515

Erron black's Anti-air :

Was that scorpion AI just doing an empty jump or was there an air normal in there? I don't think a lot of those AA options would work consistently if your opponent was actually trying to hit you unless you have perfect timing.

katon

Noob
A small combo video I've made, includes a 38 percent 1 bar combo.
Also I've found out you can go from errons (outlaw) f222 into his throw if you time it just before the opponent hits the floor

patch went out last night for MKX , so far the differences for EB are his fastest normal is now 8 frames instead of 7. and his 112 string went from 0 on block to -10.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Thanks for the heads up, Belovedking

Not sure why 112 keeps getting nerfed anyway, it's not like we can't special cancel this into sand tackle...