What's new

Ermac's Hover-Slam for Meter-Building?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cancelling Hover seems like the safest bet...seems way too easy to get obliterated, either on the way down or on punish as he takes his sweet time getting up.

Here's a question...Anyone else whiff Air Blasts to anti-zone projectile zoners? Say, Scorpion or Cyrax?
Say you're trying to jump your way in and confuse your foe to get them to throw and you whiff a Blast to stay afloat long enough to dodge it.
I know it's not the most practical idea, but it seems like a good idea in theory in certain situations.
Wanted to get some perspective.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Cancelling Hover seems like the safest bet...seems way too easy to get obliterated, either on the way down or on punish as he takes his sweet time getting up.

Here's a question...Anyone else whiff Air Blasts to anti-zone projectile zoners? Say, Scorpion or Cyrax?
Say you're trying to jump your way in and confuse your foe to get them to throw and you whiff a Blast to stay afloat long enough to dodge it.
I know it's not the most practical idea, but it seems like a good idea in theory in certain situations.
Wanted to get some perspective.
Ofc. I do it all the time especially against Scorpion players to bait hellfires and spears. But you mustnt overuse it cause they wont fall for the same trick twice in high lvl gameplay. Use it wisely. Against Cyrax i wouldnt recomment it cause his nets are pretty much like Noob's projectiles, meaning kinda like AA, so your screwed there. If you mean the bombs just dash or backdash to avoid them without being risky.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ofc. I do it all the time especially against Scorpion players to bait hellfires and spears. But you mustnt overuse it cause they wont fall for the same trick twice in high lvl gameplay. Use it wisely.
Excellent :D. I've been lovin' Ermac as of late...
He's one of those like Stryker is that the more you give, the more you get.
Seeing as Jax and Noob are apparently his worst foes, they'll be the first I try to figure out.
That, and I dig his Costume 2 Hooded Death Ninja look better than Saibot's.

zaf

professor
2nd outfit reminds me of spawn from the comic books. definitely my costume of choice.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I made this video mainly to show how fast you can do it back-to-back.... I didn't realize how fast this could be used (and cancelled) to effort to build some meter. Probably useless in most cases, but oh well... I felt like it. :)

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Lol storms u really tryna push that hover slam huh? That move is super unsafe when doing that tho. It leaves you wide open for punishment. From leaving the ground to touching down takes very long. It also doesnt work like a jumo so initially attacks will hot where u were. Jcs kick, smokes bomb, subs ice. You will get caught by the projectile

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
You need to do approximately 17 Hover slam~cancels to build just one bar of meter. ;[
After b312 connects if you really want to waste the opportunity for a safe jump using Hover slam cancel you can aswell do 312~Force Blast, which'll also build meter and give chip dmg.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
welp it works for me in matches so im gonna keep usin it till it doesnt ... i dont main ermac but i can use him and i know all of his combos except some corner ones its not as bad as people think for some reason it scares people into jumpin /doin stupid things for u to capitilise on

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Yeah... it sucks. : (
lol hoverslam isnt HORRIBLE tho! Because of its options its a mind fuck. My first couple levitates are usually cancelled, but when I train you to stay grounded ill hit for the slam. Also a way to really bother opponents is to hold the levitation. If they jump let go at the peak of their jump to get the hit. Also a close range hover is retarded.. Anything out of tkp can be safe-ish.. Just dont abuse it!! Lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac's hover slam is not that bad. It can mostly be used fullscreen where its almost safe against opponents without teleport for a good 8% unblockable dmg. Ofc its out of the question to use it midscreen or closer. Generally its a mindgame move although good players wont fall for the teleport trick.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The hover move is irrelevant and useless outside of it being used as a gimmick once every 50 matches... lol

The best place to use this is full screen, and even that sucks because your opponent can easily just walk towards you and bait the slam or teleport. What you should be doing from that distance is playing the fireball game, and spacing out.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
The hoover slam isn't useless. But shouldn't be overused, and in my oppinion is irrelevant in meter building. If you do use the move, it's best to just wait for the reaction of the opponent. If they jump, cancel into teleport punch and get a free combo. If they dont jump, you get 8% unblockable damage. If they fireball, teleport. If they run at you then cancel.

The hoover slam isn't useless. But shouldn't be overused, and in my oppinion is irrelevant in meter building. If you do use the move, it's best to just wait for the reaction of the opponent. If they jump, cancel into teleport punch and get a free combo. If they dont jump, you get 8% unblockable damage. If they fireball, teleport. If they run at you then cancel.
This is true, but if they stand block and read the smash, you are going to sacrifice 35%+ of your health for bits of meter. I'd say it's best used fullscreen against characters without teleports.

I don't know much about the hover slam, but when people do it to me, it's easy to react to.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
This is true, but if they stand block and read the smash, you are going to sacrifice 35%+ of your health for bits of meter. I'd say it's best used fullscreen against characters without teleports.

I don't know much about the hover slam, but when people do it to me, it's easy to react to.
Thus making it useless...

You already have a good tool to zone characters out, the only thing the hover will do is give your opponent advantage to come in. Unless you give me a better reason for why its good, other than, "I can cancel into different special moves." It will be a useless move in my book. I mean shit, even 312 ExDDU after it hits as an unblockable stagger is pretty bad. The recovery is horrible.

Thus making it useless...

You already have a good tool to zone characters out, the only thing the hover will do is give your opponent advantage to come in. Unless you give me a better reason for why its good, other than, "I can cancel into different special moves." It will be a useless move in my book. I mean shit, even 312 ExDDU after it hits as an unblockable stagger is pretty bad. The recovery is horrible.
Well I know nothing about ermac, but that is just on my experience. Thanks for clarifying the situation though, if anyone has good knowledge of ermac, it's you.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
If they dont jump, you get 8% unblockable damage.
...and they get a punish, because even on hit Hover Slam is -92323 in frames.

I'd say it's best used fullscreen against characters without teleports.
...usually have a fast advancing move, which they can use to punish Hover Slam on hit.

Seriously, there's no mindgame in Hoverslam, the opp should&would just block, because he can't loose anything (punishes everything) and we're not getting anything (5% of one bar of meter prior to cancelling? Please...)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I made this video mainly to show how fast you can do it back-to-back.... I didn't realize how fast this could be used (and cancelled) to effort to build some meter. Probably useless in most cases, but oh well... I felt like it. :)
Yeah Hover-Slam is pretty much useless... i've been doing this for a while now and yeah its not that good but i haven't played anyone who hasn't gotten caught lol. But look at it this way, if you land the unblockable, the teleport one will get em for sure the second time.