What's new

Strategy Ermac's combo after overhead!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Stll the range if TKP is blocked would be too small for it to be safe :(
Its outside of sweep range, so it might be safer against most fast advancing specials. Plus its a good way to catch the opponent off guard.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
After using the B2,B1 "reset", TKP and TKS will cause the opponent to react in the same way.

There will be no wake up attack / tech roll because the opponent is not grounded and depending on which special you use, Ermac will either be at -17 or -26 if blocked. :( The reset is a cool idea but far to risky Imho.

This could be successful against the average player but I don't think anyone would risk it against a solid opponent who can punish you heavily..........we're talking +50% depending on the character, and you can ultimately end up cornered.

The only logical solution to shut down an opponents tech roll / wake up and maintain advantage is to end a combo with F4. Depending on the combo, Ermac will still hit +40% damage and you will be at +13. No gimmicks, just smart, strategic play.
It cannot be punished by a full combo i think. The range which TKP leaves the opponent is longer than sweep range. To be full combo punished you d have to have a very fast and very advancing normal move.

KRYS9984

Noob
It cannot be punished by a full combo i think. The range which TKP leaves the opponent is longer than sweep range. To be full combo punished you d have to have a very fast and very advancing normal move.
In my last post I was actually referring to the corner; there is no push back and the opponent is right next to you. The results from a wiffed special such as TKS or TKP could be devastating.

I'm sorry for not making myself clear, I do agree that midscreen you have the chance of being spared a full punish.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
In my last post I was actually referring to the corner; there is no push back and the opponent is right next to you. The results from a wiffed special such as TKS or TKP could be devastating.

I'm sorry for not making myself clear, I do agree that midscreen you have the chance of being spared a full punish.
Its not worth it using the reset in the corner cause of the danger it has, but in terms of dmg its very rewarding, if you use TKS though. And yeah i was speaking using it midscreen.